Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6624

I'm looking to purchase a new mouse, I've heard alot of the Razor copperhead and the Logitech G5, any advice? and what do you use?
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6671|In You Endo- Stoke
Microsoft 4 button optical. had for about 3 years still going strong.

I found the razer to be super sensitive plus its if you like the feel to it.I found that i hate the way i have nowhere to rest my pinky(no i don't mean my endo) i find it hard to relax using it and my little finger feels very strange position.

The logitech ones are nice especially the G5 but after you have got past optical/laser just see how they fell in your hand as we all have different size hands and preference.

Last edited by {uscm}Jyden (2007-02-24 08:03:04)

scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6629|Wigan. Manchester. England.
I wont say search.

I have a razor diamondback, had something 99% simular to the G5 just without the high DPI.

I highly reccomend a razor product, great for left handers aswell and they look shexy.

Oh and they and the bomb for playing games.
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6760|Tenn
mx518 has the best hand grip for me. the only reason i would want 2000 dpi is so that i could spin my tank turret even faster
FredFLQ
S0tp R4p1nG u5!!1one
+47|6523|Donnacona, Quebec
I have a G5 and I love it.

It fits perfect in my hand, but I really have small hands.

You can change de DPI settings btw, because 2000 is just ridiculous.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6624

I have the creative Fatal1ty and its really good, It has three "on-mouse" Cpi settings: 400 800 and 1600, which is quite convenient. Although its "different" shape, its pretty good.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6482|Gogledd Cymru

razer copperhead, pros - great sensitivity, better response than G5 more side buttons

Logitech G5, pros - Easier to change sensitivity, fits in hand better, easy to check dpi settings

All in all i would go for the copperhead which i have now because of the better response times and more side buttons
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6821|Grapevine, TX
https://www.logitech.com/lang/images/0/12250.jpg
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6720|Germany

CTD-CaptainBuck wrote:

mx518 has the best hand grip for me. the only reason i would want 2000 dpi is so that i could spin my tank turret even faster
You can easily do that by cahnging the control settings in the game options
However, i use the MX518 as well, its pretty good, nothing negative to mention here
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6699|67.222.138.85
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=38624

Some of that could be useful.

I have an MX518, and I really think it is better than the G5. Way more buttons, generally better placed, and the only plus you get with the G5 is the dpi increase, but I have never had dpi problems with my mouse.

Get an MX518, you won't be sorry.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6456|Tyne & Wear, England
I have a G5 and its great, my only complaint about it is that it doesnt have enough buttons in my opinion.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
=)HA(=FemaleDriver
+8|6295
I have the G-5 and I don't need anymore buttons to hit by accident! It has plenty for me. Yes for settings go to your opions.
Mad Ad
+178|6503|England, UK
http://www.esreality.com/?a=longpost&am … amp;page=1

I got an MX518 on the strength of that review....the mouse is excellent, shame the setpoint software is a pile of crap.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6446|The Twilight Zone
Buy diamondback or copperhead!
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6472|Somewhere else

>>SUPR3MACY<< wrote:

As long as you don't mind the "occasional" startup problems.   I have one and about one out of every 4 times I start up my computer it doesnt turn on.   Razor even sent a little leaflet in the box saying this happens, simply restart my computer they say.  Thanks!  I just pissed away 45 dollars for this? lol cmon!

I just unplug mine then plug it back in.    I minor pain in the ass, but annoying none the less.
falafel
+5|6322
i want a new mouse too,
not a m$ though cuz the suck
neither logitech they suck too, my last logitech wireless mouse was crap (but maybe couse it was budget )
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6455|cuntshitlake

If you got $50 get razor copperhead
If you got a little less, buy G5.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
.Sup
be nice

RoosterCantrell wrote:

>>SUPR3MACY<< wrote:

As long as you don't mind the "occasional" startup problems.   I have one and about one out of every 4 times I start up my computer it doesnt turn on.   Razor even sent a little leaflet in the box saying this happens, simply restart my computer they say.  Thanks!  I just pissed away 45 dollars for this? lol cmon!

I just unplug mine then plug it back in.    I minor pain in the ass, but annoying none the less.
update your firmware! i did and it works super.
markzed
+5|6373
I got a Logitech MX-518. So far so good.

Last edited by markzed (2007-02-25 15:29:08)

Mr.Pieeater
+116|6616|Cherry Pie
I have a Logitech MX1000 Bluetooth Laser mouse and it rocks.  Good form, long built-in batter life and works on any surface.   Strongly recommended!!!
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6467|Foothills of S. Carolina

Was using a Microsoft optical trackball, loved it, but it wore out. Now I am trying to get used to a G5. Had it about a week and its very comfortable to use, changing dpi ingame takes some getting used to just because of button placement. All in all, I would recommend the G5.
.Sup
be nice
don't buy wireless. i had 2 logitech wireless mouses and they really really suck
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6749|Hell, p.o box 666

Logitech G5 is fine

btw, moved to tech!
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6485|Berlin, Germany

FredFLQ wrote:

You can change de DPI settings btw, because 2000 is just ridiculous.
2000 dpi FTW! ^^
CrazeD
+368|6665|Maine
G5 > all.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard