Terms of Service / Rules and Regulations
This is a quick summary of the important rules outlined in this document, you are still expected to read the whole thing, but we know you're a very, very busy person...
- Any post you make should directly contribute to the forum.
- Respect the site, staff, and members.
- Do not advertise. Ever.
- Post in English, or as close as you can reasonably get. Spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization count.
- Your posts belong to you, but BF2S has non-exclusive rights to use them.
- USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. This is not a friendly request, if you do not search, you're very likely to have your thread closed and told to search. Harshly.
The Full Monty
While using the BF2S.com forums, you WILL:
- Respect the site, staff, and members.
- Refrain from posting messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or are otherwise of questionable content (if you have to ask, the answer is 'No.')
- Help maintain a fun and friendly atmosphere by using your best judgment and granting people the benefit of the doubt when taking place in discussions.
- Positively contribute to the forums with useful posts and information relevant to the section being posted under.
- Read the stickied threads in various sections. They have been stickied because they will answer commonly asked questions or are otherwise very helpful.
- Refrain from needless swearing. There is an appropriate time and place for strong language, know how to use it or do not use it at all.
- Search the forums before creating a new thread. Most likely your question has already been answered many times over. It is better to post in an old thread which matches than to create a new one.
- Use descriptive and appropriate titles when creating a thread. Titles such as, “Help!” “OMG WHAT DO I [email protected]” and “L4m3rS Ar3 5tup1D…” will not generate helpful responses, and ultimately cause more work for users trying to find threads on a given topic.
- Post new threads in the most suitable section. Read the section descriptions before starting a thread to ensure you are posting in the right place.
- Use proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization to the best of your ability. Failure to do this will result in your posts being taken less seriously, and most likely cause responses to be less than constructive.
- Obey the forum moderators and administrators. If your thread is closed, moved, or deleted for any reason, take up the issue with the mod or admin via private messages. Remember, however, that these rules are enforced and imposed upon our discretion.
- Use the Edit button to make spelling corrections, add information, or otherwise change your posts. Duplicate posting only serves to further muddle up threads with more posts than are necessary.
- Post "stacking" or "bumping" is generally discouraged. If no one cared the first time, they probably won't care the second and third times.
- Help other members assist you with your problem by posting all relevant information about the problem you are experiencing. The more information you provide, the more likely you will get a helpful response.
- Never engage in personal attacks. Ever.
- No nudity
- One of the three following setups:
- 3 lines of text
- 1 line of 25 pixel high (max) image(s) and a line of text below
- 1 line of 40 pixel high (max) image(s)
- Keep the total file size for all images under 150 kilobytes.
- No duplicate accounts. You only need one. Households are exempt, but you better let a mod know first.
- Abusing karma will result in a temp ban. (If you think what you are doing is questionable then dont do it cause you will be banned for "Abusing the Karma System")
- Do not impersonate forum moderators or other BF2 players, be yourself. If there is a problem with a topic/post click the "Report" link for that post – a moderator will take care of it A.S.A.P.
- Plagiarism is not cool. If you find something funny on the vastness of the internets and wish to share it with your fellow bf2s forum goer, GIVE THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR/ARTIST CREDIT! This is a serious offense that will no longer be tolerated.
Failure to meet these rules will result in a post deletion, thread closure, post edits, demotion, temporary ban, ban, or even site wide IP blocking.
Content on this site
This site includes a combination of content that we create and that our users create. All materials published on our site, including, but not limited to, written content, photographs, graphics, images, illustrations, marks, logos, sound or video clips, are protected by our copyrights or trademarks. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, or in any way exploit any of the materials or content on our sites in whole or in part. If you would like to request permission to use any of the content on our sites, please contact an administrator.
You are solely responsible for all materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, that you upload, post, transmit, or otherwise make available on this site ("Your Content"). You certify that you own all intellectual property rights in Your Content. You hereby grant us, our affiliates, and our partners a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, sublicensable license to use, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, transfer, transmit, distribute, and publish Your Content and subsequent versions of Your Content for the purposes of (i) displaying Your Content on our sites, (ii) distributing Your Content, either electronically or via other media, to users seeking to download or otherwise acquire it, and/or (iii) storing Your Content in a remote database accessible by end users. This license shall apply to the distribution and the storage of Your Content in any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed.
Our site contains content that we create as well as content provided by third parties. We do not guarantee the accuracy, the integrity, or the quality of the content on this site, and you may not rely on any of this content. Without limitation, we are not responsible for postings by users in the user opinion, message board, or feedback sections of our sites.
All rules are subject to change without notification, check back once in a while to see any changes.