Razer Copperhead13%13% - 19
Logitech MX51831%31% - 43
Logitech G534%34% - 47
Logitech G711%11% - 16
Total: 138
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6698|67.222.138.85
After tons of these threads for people asking which gaming mice/keyboard to buy, I thought it would be better to compile everyones thoughts on the subject in one thread with a poll to show hard numbers for people's support.

I would say the generally accepted opinion is that, if you have the cash, get a G15, then a Saitek for cheaper but less features, then just get something that works, but this thread is for mice.

If a mod deems this innaporpriate, feel free to delete/close, I just thought this would be the first thing to come up on a search and something easy to link to.

I will state my vote/ opinion later. As far as I know these are the biggest gaming mice, if I left any major ones out let me know.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6494|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
I have the Razer Copperhead cuz it's rly good for BF2.... Fast like hell....
Brasso
+1,549|6621

Cop Per Head!  Cop Per Head!  Yeah, the Copperhead is really nice, well worth the upgrade from my $15 Targus Kaleidescope Mouse.  It has 4 side buttons, uses laser technology (it uses a Class 1 Eye Safe Laser, so you idiots don't blind yourself trying to get a retinal scan from the bottom of the mouse), and has 4 settings for DPI (400, 1200, 1600, 2000).  These settings can be configured (they are by default) to two side buttons so you can switch on-the-fly.  I switch to 400 for long-range sniping, 1600 for everything else.  The buttons have a rubbery feel but aren't too grippy (which is good) and the side rails are nice too, everything lights up green for me.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
siciliano732
+202|6640|New York
this kinda helps me....i am looking into getting a G7 because i hate wires....im in college and the wires get in the way on the small desks they give us to use....but im interested in the outcome....
Reizors
Ninja's > BF2s
+42|6514|Australia
Diamondback is good for smaller hands, i use it, and the buttons are placed better then my friends Copperhead, it feels wrong for me to use the copperhead, its just not my shape.

The diamondback and the copperhead are both very good mice.
siciliano732
+202|6640|New York
is the G7 not worth it?
Nagarond.Damminson
+16|6748
not to take away from any others, but i like and use the mx518. My main reason for choosing it over the g5/g7 was the loss of the second thumb button on the G5/7. I use them for prone/sprint, which would really mess with me if i had to relearn my key setup.

an extra easily accessable button is always nice

Last edited by Nagarond.Damminson (2006-08-08 08:26:39)

siciliano732
+202|6640|New York
that is true but i only use those buttons for like my scoreboard and to bring up my spawn screen....
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6674|England and damn proud
Razor Copperhead here, i love it!
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6494|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Wireless isn't that good for gaming.. Sooooooooo SlOOOOOOOOWWWW
Murphy <s18>
+8|6643|51st State
copperhead suits me best, but my lady uses a diamondback, each to there own i guess
siciliano732
+202|6640|New York
even the G7 where you have the same specs as wired if not better?!
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6537|Doncaster, UK
I use the G5, and I know it's got just the one thumb button, but I've spent so many years using a mouse that doesn't have the thumb buttons I forget about them anyway. It's nice to be able to change res on the fly, the 2000 dpi res is nice for tanks n stuff, 800 dpi for pounding and 400 dpi for sniping.

Personally I chose the G5 over the G7 cos I just don't trust the response of wireless mice for gaming. That and the G5 comes with a groovy tray for weights to tune the mouse to you individual preference.
aujt74
+11|6686|Scotland!
If u want a Logitech gaming mouse, the G5 is the one. I own a G5, and recommend it. Sure the MX518 has one? more button and costs less but the G5 just feels, plays and looks better. On the fly sensitivity control, glides effortlessly across any flat surface and brilliant control.

On the G7, I have my doubts as to wireless input devices and gaming. I know most gamers would prefer wired but I doubt any input lag is noticeable to most people unless you have devices on similar frequencies which could interfere (cordless phones etc).
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6556|Area 51
Logitech Mx518 FTW!!
Maximum DPI 1600
Minimum DPI 400

5 different speeds possible, can be changed ingame
Wired mouse, no problems with empty batteries..:\ And I love it
Kusunagi
+59|6728|The land of Hookers and pod
I just bought the MX518 today, and its really smooth.
aujt74
+11|6686|Scotland!

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

I use the G5, and I know it's got just the one thumb button, but I've spent so many years using a mouse that doesn't have the thumb buttons I forget about them anyway. It's nice to be able to change res on the fly, the 2000 dpi res is nice for tanks n stuff, 800 dpi for pounding and 400 dpi for sniping.

Personally I chose the G5 over the G7 cos I just don't trust the response of wireless mice for gaming. That and the G5 comes with a groovy tray for weights to tune the mouse to you individual preference.
Lol, such a similar post within 7 seconds of mine
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6537|Doncaster, UK

RDMC(2) wrote:

Logitech Mx518 FTW!!
Maximum DPI 1600
Minimum DPI 400

5 different speeds possible, can be changed ingame 
Wired mouse, no problems with empty batteries..:\ And I love it
Just about everything you said also applies to the G5 except it has one button less.

I'd have to say try to find somewhere that actually keeps the mice on display and lets you get your hands on them, then buy the one that feels best.

Last edited by DoctorFruitloop (2006-08-08 06:55:54)

Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6614|Camp XRay

I have the mx1000 logitech, I need a heavy mouse. You really can't go wrong with any of those. I just all depends on your particular preference.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6618|The Netherlands
i love my own bleutooth mause i have big hands so my mouse hase to be big
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6537|Doncaster, UK

aujt74 wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Lol, such a similar post within 7 seconds of mine
Great minds n all that!
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6611|Mhz

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

Wireless isn't that good for gaming.. Sooooooooo SlOOOOOOOOWWWW
QFT

If your using it for gaming wireless = bad

Got a copperhead here, best mouse made ever period. even lets you program macros into its built in memory.

My bro has a G7, it aint bad, not grippy enough on the sides and the buttons feel kinda cheap, only one thumb button as mentiond and the dpi adjustment buttons r on the top which is just plain awkward and i dont think u can reassign them to anything else either. the scroller tilt buttons r fiddly too... all in all its a pain in the ass mouse and heavy, plus changing batteries in the middle of a fire fight isnt always that easy
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6628|Wigan. Manchester. England.
i have the diamondback and i have very big hands. does me justice though
siciliano732
+202|6640|New York
but isnt the G7 a gaming mouse!
aujt74
+11|6686|Scotland!

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Great minds n all that!
True

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

and i dont think u can reassign them to anything else either
On the G5 and G7 through the drivers you can adjust the DPI, and have up to a total of 5 settings.
Without the software installed, it defaults to the standard 3 DPI's (cant remember off the top of my head what they are)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard