killaer
+41|6750
Why? Just...why?

I mean, is this lag? Is this shitty servers? Is this EA and Dice fucking with the game?

I have had situations where I am running and a sniper hits me RIGHT IN THE FACE, and a little dust cloud (Sandbag Soldiers FTW) comes right out of my face. No health change.

Or in Gulf of Oman I fire my SRAW at a tank a few feet infront of me that is ONE HIT away from exploding.
It goes right through the tank into the ground. Why?

I mean....just....wtf....

And as for the sniper thing, It has happened to me on many occasions..I really don't think it's armor.  Maybe for the body when it's happened, but last time I checked soldiers didn't wear armor on their face
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6556|Little blue planet, milky way
The hit box moves. And depending on lag, you may seem to hit the target, but in reality the targets hitbox is elsewhere, the graphics just hasn't caught up yet. Get used to it, or play on low ping servers that enforece a high pick kick rule.
Entertayner
+826|6603

The sniper thing is all to do with where the server sees the player model because it is out of sync with the actual animation so it might register as a hti with the actual animation but the model is ahead/behind it... This also happens with other things such as proning, if you press z you don't immediately go prone to others so if you think they are gonna go prone, shoot at the floor...
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6740|67.222.138.85
Uhhgggg, I hate it, epecially when knifing. What I don't get is when it happens when your target is laying still.
killaer
+41|6750
Knifing is just AWFUL.

Is it correct that knifing is one hit kill regardless of armor?

Because if that is so...jesus...it's terrible..
Spookyboy
+5|6683

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Uhhgggg, I hate it, epecially when knifing. What I don't get is when it happens when your target is laying still.
yeah i get that alot. yester i was playin sharqi, down by the hotel, and i was layin next to a wall. UAV showed someone standing right next to me on the other side of the wall, so i whipped out the knife and stood up. face to face, so.....stab in the face, dust cloud, he shoots me dead
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6599|England

BF2 hitboxes are perfect compared to games such as CSS
killaer
+41|6750
I play CSS about the same ammount I play BF2, and I say that the Hitboxes are much better. Even though the automatic 1hit kill headshots piss me off
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6627|Iceland
i LOVE when a helmet stops my .50 caliber from my M95, Its just so real!
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6793
The main reason is that people play with too high graphics settings. If your framerate is too low you cant hit anytnhing properly.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6740|67.222.138.85

Spookyboy wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

yeah i get that alot. yester i was playin sharqi, down by the hotel, and i was layin next to a wall. UAV showed someone standing right next to me on the other side of the wall, so i whipped out the knife and stood up. face to face, so.....stab in the face, dust cloud, he shoots me dead
You have no idea how much I hate that. Walk up behind a sniper, oh easy knife kill, knife, dust, and what should have been an easy kill turns into a death.
killaer
+41|6750
I wonder how many sales EA would have lost if they had the balls to make actual BLOOD instead of Dust come out -_-
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6601|Oxford

killaer wrote:

I wonder how many sales EA would have lost if they had the balls to make actual BLOOD instead of Dust come out -_-
And how many would they of gained if it was like soldier of fortune? That would be cooool.
killaer
+41|6750
Hahaha, so true
Gibs Gibs Gibs
PRiMACORD
+190|6658|Home of the Escalade Herds

killaer wrote:

Or in Gulf of Oman I fire my SRAW at a tank a few feet infront of me that is ONE HIT away from exploding.
It goes right through the tank into the ground. Why?
That one is a bug and has nothing to do with lag. I've shot a rocket a tank that wasn't moving at all and it went right through It also affects TV missiles...
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6660|Warlord
God this does suck. I've had such a bad couple of days since Friday with dead-on shots missing it actually showed up on my sniper-rifle accuracy! But frustrating as it is when sniping the knife hits that don't register have to be worse since you're usually trying to kill someone who's armed with a gun and if you miss you're history.

Twist wrote:

The hit box moves.
The problem is not to do with movement.

Let me repeat that for anyone that might be in any doubt: the problem has NOTHING to do with movement; believe me, snipers know. Yes the hitboxes may be out of sync with the player model when the character is moving but this occurs regularly with stationary targets.

Nobody appears to have actually been interested enough to check any of the things I brought up in this thread but doing that test brought home just how bad the problem can be, plus that it doesn't seem to be related to ping or load on the server (although I'm sure both of those could make it worse). One of the anomalies I hint at, that nobody asked about, is bullets that disappeared completely; or to put it another way, shots that count as a bullet expended but there's no bullet downrange and no sound of a shot from the target's perspective. Factor that in and consider what your accuracy might be in an ideal world.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6556|Little blue planet, milky way
*sigh* I posted acomment in your thread, Todd.. you're unfortunately dead wrong... While your method is correct, your execution is wrong. You cannot change the parameters of a test scenario untill you are sure that there are no unknown variables... And there are.. In your scenario you do not account for shot deviation. Every sinlge occurance of "I missed my target" is either you missing, or the hitbox not being where you see it as being (graphics hasn't caught up). And yeah.. it sucks... But that's ok... At least we get a good chance of surviving whenever a tank drops by with the TMGs and main gun flaring in our direction.

And as for the knife kills on stationary targets... Always knife twice, move your knife and go for an impact with the head if possible, and you will get MORE than dust....
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6623|Reisterstown, MD

ak-101 and G36E FTW!!!  Seriously, those two guns are extremely accurate.
Hallvard
+262|6555|North Norway

lol, yea hitboxes in bf2 sucks... just a little while ago I was playing on Sharqi as sniper on MEC team... I was fooling around with a privat first class just shooting a little infront of him and watch him turn 180 and run the opposite way (it was fun), did this 4 times but on my 5 and last shot I aimed about 3-4 metres infront of him...
he dropped dead....

Last edited by kmjnhb (2006-07-23 15:29:30)

Entertayner
+826|6603

What a fantastic story! *claps in awe*
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6579
About a week ago I shot a guy in the chest with the M95 3 times from about 10 feet away and it did nothing. Pretty sure the server was lagging though.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Entertayner
+826|6603

And another one, I should write a book...
aLi3nZ
+138|6539|New Zealand

Snake wrote:

BF2 hitboxes are perfect compared to games such as CSS
Seriously hit boxes in this game is fine. People whining in this thread are probably n00bs. I was fooling around wtih FRAPS last night and decided to record a couple of mins of me playing. It reduced my Frames to 25 and the mouse was a lot slower to move, I thought my sensitivty had been reduced. You can even see me check my settings in the vid.

But I still managed to get 3 knife kills, 5 AK-101 kills and 4 Revives in a space of a couple of mins while playing like I normally would. Can upload the vid later if you want, trying to find out how to reduce the size and edit out parts of the vid. Anyone know where I can get some good video editing softaware?
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6563

You know why BF2 dont have blood? EA was like oh, we can get more audieance. Well, the audience you get are a bunch of 12 year olds going "daddy daddy, can i get this game? Plllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeee it has no blood" Dad-"ok son". In my opinion. I think there shouldnt be blood because it would be a little distracting for me and would need faster video cards. But i do agree that dust is just a little gay.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6660|Warlord

Twist wrote:

*sigh* I posted acomment in your thread, Todd.. you're unfortunately dead wrong...
Every sinlge occurance of "I missed my target" is either you missing...
You're the one sighing? Yes some of the shots were misses; I was checking for the sweet spot for headshots and as we all know that's the upper portion of the head and at range that's hard to aim for exactly (especially with thick crosshairs). Misses were to be expected and I had quite a few.

What wasn't expected were the bullets that vanished!

Twist wrote:

...or the hitbox not being where you see it as being (graphics hasn't caught up).
Did you even read the description? Sorry but that's complete bunk - where's the hitbox exactly, 100m away, back in the spawn zone?! LOL

Twist wrote:

While your method is correct, your execution is wrong.
How so? Explain in detail. Type slowly and use small words if necessary, in case I'm too dense to get it.

Twist wrote:

In your scenario you do not account for shot deviation.
You missed the point: shot deviation is one of the things I was checking for.

Twist wrote:

And as for the knife kills on stationary targets... Always knife twice...
There's a post here from someone who knifed a person about six or seven times if I remember correctly.

Twist wrote:

...go for an impact with the head if possible, and you will get MORE than dust....
I 'missed' a strike to the head with the knife just the other day but I knifed someone's foot through a wall just a few hours ago.

I'm not trying to be argumentative for the sake of it but until you've done some tests in controlled circumstances you're making assumptions... remember I had two computers in one room, I know what the target player heard and I know whether some of the bullets vanished. Apart from that, unless you have another account, I've got nearly three times more time with a sniper rifle than you do so I should have a bit better idea of what can occur in-game! But forget that, try it yourself; the reason I posted the exact positions and test conditions is precisely so that someone could replicate the test conditions I used as exactly as possible to see whether they got the same results.

aLi3nZ wrote:

People whining in this thread are probably n00bs.
Noobs how? Sucky aim? Time?

I'm complaining about it and my accuracy for the sniper rifle is 60%+ (...when the game allows it) and I've got around 430 hours of play dude so I think I'm a bit past being legitimately called a noob.

Besides, how would you know anything useful about hitbox alignment since half your kills are with the GL!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard