unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

https://imgix.bustle.com/uploads/image/2022/12/19/48a21214-ddec-4b86-b926-473532c75143-attachment-avatar-2-quaritch.jpeg?w=710&h=473&fit=max&auto=format%2Ccompress&q=50&dpr=2

Why the heck does this space smurf have a buzz cut? Isn't their hair connected to their brain? Is this a Pandoran lobotomy?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
I watched Glass Onion as well the other day. It was not great, not terrible. None of the characters seemed like real people and the resolution was nowhere near as clean as it'd have you think it was, but it was fine enough if you can ignore the insinuation that Dave Bautista can act.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Haha Bautista is not good.

I was less interested in the individual character development, because I saw them as more background cast to support Benoit and his ability to solve the (multiple) riddles. I enjoyed the writers' ability to weave multiple whodunits into a cohesive story. I thought the various timelines and retcons were very tightly done.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Bautista can play Bautista about as well as Clint Eastwood can play Clint Eastwood, etc etc.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent: 7/10

It's a pretty good comedy and Nick Cage clearly is ok with his status as memelord emeritus. I thought it moved along nicely while being both absurd in the way only a Nick Cage movie can be and making fun of itself for being absurd.
wheelsup@7
Yeah still here
+49|6609|Pennsylvania

not much going on in here any more.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
haven't seen it, how as it?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
War Machine - 6.5/10

A take on the US campaign in Afghanistan

"My humility is what makes me better than you" - Genius
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Watched a trailer for Sisu. Freaking gross. I wonder if we really need more Inglourious movies, but this got a 93/90 on rotten tomatoes, so it's for someone. I think I'll pass anyway, low-hanging fruit as villains that I was getting tired of 20 years ago in video games.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Guardians of the Galaxy 3  2/10

I haven't seen it, but apparently Gamora is not in it.
Literally the whole point of the GotG films is Zoe Saldana being sulky.

Should have called it G____i__s __ t__ _a___x_ 3
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
I don't even know what to make of this one. ?/10

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

Dilbert_X wrote:

Guardians of the Galaxy 3  2/10

I haven't seen it, but apparently Gamora is not in it.
Literally the whole point of the GotG films is Zoe Saldana being sulky.

Should have called it G____i__s __ t__ _a___x_ 3
Are you trolling? Maybe you should watch the movie and it will make you realize how dumb that comment you made is.

Also why would you rate a movie because it is missing an attractive actress (which it is not)?

Last edited by War Man (2023-05-24 19:15:29)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Oh thank god.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Passion of the Christ 8/10

A little redundant after Life of Brian but good nonetheless

Very strange how the jews have latched onto christianity with their 'judeo-christian' thing when they rejected and brutally murdered Jesus.

Its as weird as it would be if Germans claimed 'Nazi-jewish' heritage.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

There are catholics alive in 2023 who have vile hatred for jews because they murdered Jesus.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Passion of the Christ is basically snuff. I've seen less gory slashers. Figures that people are placing more focus on his execution than his inconvenient message, though. What the heck are all those wwjd bumper stickers for?

All those comic book movies (talking about GotG now), rate an automatic 2/10 by my estimation. I'm not going to go to a rating site and contribute to tanking the score or anything, it's just wow, the last several I've seen just aren't very good, require you to have seen the previous not very good ones to understand what's going on, and take an advanced degree in marvology to understand where you're at in which timeline. If you're an old person and watch that stuff for the women, you're basically this guy minus the superpowers and probably the rad goatee:

https://pm1.narvii.com/6651/338237e71e00a674e36168e30ceb6bbf09965e64_hq.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
At least Passion of the Christ was historically accurate, the gore was probably lower than reality.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

There are catholics alive in 2023 who have vile hatred for jews because they murdered Jesus.
What if I told you

There are jews alive today who hold a grudge against nazis
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I would retort that there are people still alive who were directly impacted by nazi action. As opposed to, you know, a 2000 year old story that may or may not be true (speaking specifically of the idea that the Jews killed Jesus).
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

It's a little vacuous for Modern Christians (who worship in name but not demeanor, and have their own heavy-handed opinions on how justice should go, and harbor great indifference to its miscarriages) to resent the Modern Common Jew for the, as it's been put, supposed judicial murder of a man who was supposedly vying for political power to usurp the authority of the temple and Rome.

Like ~80+ generations of humans people between then and now, most of whom were never elites. Completely asinine, but then there are people who resent women for taking the apple, when the serpent was just Eden's humble eviction officer.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I would retort that there are people still alive who were directly impacted by nazi action. As opposed to, you know, a 2000 year old story that may or may not be true (speaking specifically of the idea that the Jews killed Jesus).
I think its a bit unfair that modern-day nazis are tarred with the same brush as ancient nazis.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

What the heck is an ancient nazi? Did Germany have some antediluvian horror knocking around The Bunker?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its almost 100 years since the old Nazis came to power.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
John Wick 4. It was cool and entertaining but I think I have seen enough Johnny W. to skip the other 3.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

John Wick 4. It was cool and entertaining but I think I have seen enough Johnny W. to skip the other 3.
Released right in time for father's day.

It's a dad movie.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard