jaff
+125|6405
27/08/09: Final due September 1st: 17:00 GMT September 1st

Boosters will be free. Read whole changelog here
https://i30.tinypic.com/15z2tdg.png

07/07/09: Beta 3 is out:

http://battle.no/?section=download
http://files.replayirc.com/index.php?act=view&id=22

If you find your game becomes unresponsive when you alt+tab, disable anti-aliasing.

Changelog from beta 2 to beta 3:

# Made some more tweaks to J10 handling to even its balance against other jets. - Fixed
# Hit detection is better but only for those on low pings - We have seen some improvement from the closed beta results but let us know what you think.
# Sand bags have ”glass” effect in Operation Blue Pearl - In Test
# Operation Blue Pearl is missing UAV ability - Fixed
# Clicking on JOIN or double clicking a server occasionally resets the game back to server browser - Fixed
# Occasional connection drops after being on a server a couple of minutes - Fixed
# Crashes when changing Falcon settings sometimes. - Fixed
# Commander assets do not always fire/work - Fixed
# Modify HUD in TV guided missile view that makes viewing difficult on maps like Dragon Valley - Fixed
# Army hardware takes too long to spawn on Wake Island - Investigating
# Mouse control didn't work in Special Forces - Fixed
# Falcon controls overwrote on every map load in Special Forces - Fixed
# Highway Tampa crashes at 14% - Fixed
# Added Battlefield 2142 style prone deviation - Fixed (going prone will now cause reduced accuracy for a brief period the same system BF2142 uses)
11/05/09: Beta 2 is out:
Fileplay

Changes made from beta 1 to beta 2:

*  Consensus to revert to 0.3 second delay between jump and prone - Fixed
    * Mouse wheel acceleration on jeeps and APC’s - In Test
    * Mouse wheel acceleration on parachutes - In Test
    * Falcon controller prevents joystick controls being assigned to work especially on jets and helicopters. Falcon always acts as primary controller for pitch and roll. Resets to Falcon at the start of every round. - Fixed
    * The jets on Highway Tampa were replaced with attack choppers in 1.50 - Fixed, Highway Tampa is now as it was in 1.41
    * The graphics for Highway Tampa are the same as Mashtuur City on create a local match in the menu and load screen. - Fixed
    * Picking up the kit of a player who disconnected causes crashes - In Test
    * Audio settings do not always save after clicking APPLY - Fixed
    * Registry Version remains at 1.4 after Update 1.5 is installed - Fixed
    * BF2OpenAL.dll was version 1.1.1.0 - Fixed - Updated to version 2.1.8.1
    * ch_gas_station collision mesh on Dragon Valley was inconsistent with other gas station buildings - Fixed
    * MEC artillery piece on Operation Clean Sweep changes to the USMC's control when they capture the Airfield flag - Fixed
    * Challenger2 HUD icon was incorrect showing M1A2 HUD icon instead - Fixed
    * Road to Jalalabad has PLA FAV spawn in place of a MEC FAV - Fixed
    * Dragon Valley Chinese artillery used default respawn time instead of 360 seconds as other artillery uses - Fixed
    * Bizon (PP-19) had no delay time after weapon switch - Fixed (this now has a delay of 0.666)
    * F35B had a lock delay of 1.5 compared to 1 second lock delay of other aircraft - Fixed
    * Incorrect camo Humvee was being spawned in Taraba Quarry - Fixed
    * UH-60 (Black Hawk) guns had 0.25 splash damage setting, down from 3 making it difficult to hit infantry. - Fixed (this is now set to 1.5 to improve the UH-60's usefulness while not allowing it to dominate)
    * It was impossible to pass a claymore unless an engineer disarmed it first. - Fixed (players can now go prone to pass the claymore)
    * Allow BF2.exe to use more than 2Gb RAM on machines that support it - Fixed
Old beta links (redundant):
Fileplay (multiplay)
forum.i3d.net
TotalBF2
Fileshack

Update: Coming tomorrow according to the twitter
Having to regenerate md5 files so watch this space for information on Battlefield 2 Update 1.50 TOMORROW!!! 21st April 2009.
============
Update v1.50
============
FEATURES
- Additional support for Windows Vista.
- Added Highway Tampa as a required map.
- Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.
GAMEPLAY TWEAKS
- Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced. Please note that the J10 is a superior dogfighter to the F35B and as such these two aircraft will never be equally matched.
- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.
- Added checks to prevent "runway grieving".
- Various changes made to prevent cheating.
- Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model.
This isn't a fake, it's straight from the horse's mouth. http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … ost7716555 if you don't believe me.

=====

Update on Tampa:

Akaorcram;8313940 wrote:

Well as baza told in IRC this map is a mistake and they will restore the old one that was in 1.41

So no laming choopers

Tanks fights go
Link

======

Mod Edit: Only discussion about the new patch in this thread please.

Discussion about the new map, can be done in the existing thread.

Last edited by Fat_Swinub (2009-08-27 04:31:46)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK
There are more changes to the game than those listed in that change log.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5965

liquidat0r wrote:

How do you know?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK

Hakei wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

How do you know?
for example
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Fat_Swinub wrote:

As no one is reading the sticky I'm giving this its own thread.

The fuck? AA is PERFECT as it is, Air to air missiles actually require skill and timing to hit (except against F35 or Mig29) and ground based AA missiles have 100% accuracy if you don't deploy flares...

I'm suspecting this little fix might ruin everything.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405
"- Various changes made to prevent cheating." That includes the security fixes.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6159|Canada

What's 'runway grieving'

Something to do with rearming the jets I presume? Someone clear this out for me please!
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405
People blocking the runway so the pilot has no choice but to run them over so that the person getting run over can give them a minus score and a punish.
thraSK
Best ___ in Aus
+57|5952
Probably driving in front of jets force TK'ing and other runway related shenanigans?

Anyway

Wheee
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405
TotalBF2 should have this on their front page instead of those dumb essays that idiot writes where every single comment is "I agree 100%!".

Last edited by Fat_Swinub (2009-04-08 05:52:04)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6351|the land of bourbon

Fat_Swinub wrote:

- Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced. Please note that the J10 is a superior dogfighter to the F35B and as such these two aircraft will never be equally matched.
ok they are pulling this out of their ass.  has there ever been an actual real world dogfight between these two planes?  no.  so how can they state that so confidently?  and don't give me some shit about technical stats, because the only thing that makes any real difference in a dogfight is the pilot, not the plane.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK

steelie34 wrote:

and don't give me some shit about technical stats, because the only thing that makes any real difference in a dogfight is the pilot, not the plane.
Which implies that they're basing their assumptions on technical specifications. Sounds reasonable to me.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

If only that will work properly, I'm going to cream my pants.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5720|شمال
out in 2011?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405

Beduin wrote:

out in 2011?
While I can't give an exact date, we are aiming to release our first Beta towards the end of April '09 as long as everything else goes well.
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … ost7713107
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6351|the land of bourbon

liquidat0r wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

and don't give me some shit about technical stats, because the only thing that makes any real difference in a dogfight is the pilot, not the plane.
Which implies that they're basing their assumptions on technical specifications. Sounds reasonable to me.
yeah but they are probably wrong.  just because something "should" be able to do something, doesn't mean it will.  i think they should make all the planes about equal, to level the playing field.  too many people think they are awsm because of that j10.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
wow thanks for the update! i shall keep the hope aliiiiiiive
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria
Yay!
Seems they're dropping the DRM, so we don't need the DVD or a mini image anymore.
Very good!

Too bad that there is no mention about official widescreen support. That would be an most useful feature in these days.
(Does BF2141 have widescreen support by the way? I suppose not.)

Also, I'd really appreciate if they finally enabled mouse wheel scrolling on the server lobby menus.

Aaand please, please, please, should there be a v1.51 hotfix shortly after the release of the v1.5 patch, let them release an incremental patch and not make use download half a gigabyte of patch a second time.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
W00t!
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6679|Germany

globefish23 wrote:

Also, I'd really appreciate if they finally enabled mouse wheel scrolling on the server lobby menus.
No shit.
I´ve been waiting for that to happen since the first patch came out.
I don´t really care about the other stuff, but the mouse wheel scroll would be awesome.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6382|Belgium
Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.
Please, let this be an inf map with the PLA.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405

FlemishHCmaniac wrote:

Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.
Please, let this be an inf map with the PLA.
It's supposed to be a inf based PLA map. http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/page.php?do=dicevisit
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6382|Belgium

Fat_Swinub wrote:

It's supposed to be a inf based PLA map. http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/page.php?do=dicevisit
Thanks for the link. I remember reading that but it's been a while so I forgot about it. It looks a bit bland, but if it plays well, I don't mind.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5668
?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Sydney wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

As no one is reading the sticky I'm giving this its own thread.

The fuck? AA is PERFECT as it is, Air to air missiles actually require skill and timing to hit (except against F35 or Mig29) and ground based AA missiles have 100% accuracy if you don't deploy flares...

I'm suspecting this little fix might ruin everything.
So says the guy who has over 15x airtime versus AA time.   If all they fix is the seat-changing unlock exploit, it would be sweet.  Simply put, if they make the AA just a bit better, it'll keep the noobs off the air vehicles.  End result, the better pilots will get the air vehicles more.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard