Hakei
Banned
+295|5993
http://wiki.battle.no/index.php/Battlef … Blue_Pearl

Posted on GA, thought I'd share here.

======

Mod Edit: Only discussion about the new map in this thread please.

Other patch 1.5 discussion in this thread.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6299
nice.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6320|Orrstrayleea
inb4sniper
.:i7|Batman
Banned
+27|5498| - | - | - | - | - |
I like yessss.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6757|San Antonio, Texas

~FuzZz~ wrote:

inb4sniper
It doesn't look too bad. I just might reinstall BF2 when the new patch is out.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466
I actually like the fog, makes it all eerie and shit.
Laika
+75|5941
It actually looks pretty sweet.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6186|Canada

Some parts look crap, other parts aren't too bad.
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6674|respawn screen
Are there new buildings at the yard-flag? First screens look like a mixture of Sharqi and Songhua. I'm going to reinstall BF2.
Nihil
+15|5803|Malaga, Spain
It's a lot like a more compact Songhua, but I'm still worried about the USMC getting butchered in the inevitable AT-crossfire as they try to make a landing. A blackhawk might help.

On the upside, I get to use the AK-47 somewhere other than Great wall and the MECSF maps. Best gun in the game.

Last edited by Nihil (2009-04-18 04:31:29)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6563|England

PLA having at least 10 people spawning as AT at the temple and thats game over. 6 kills per boat...thats a lot of rape. Those APC's wont make any difference.
This is going to be Wake #2. Temple needs to be neutral at the start. End of.
Nihil
+15|5803|Malaga, Spain
The Yard looks good, I haven't seen an environment like that before, particularly for the PLA. Nice and claustrophobic.

My guess is that the USMC will get a neutral flag or a beach head flag (like the MEC do on Leviathan) after the beta reveals serious imbalance.
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5592|Dublin, Ireland
Download link anybody?
Longbow
+163|6644|Odessa, Ukraine
too much vehicles for inf map...
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6379|the land of bourbon

Snake wrote:

PLA having at least 10 people spawning as AT at the temple and thats game over. 6 kills per boat...thats a lot of rape. Those APC's wont make any difference.
yes.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6408|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

steelie34 wrote:

Snake wrote:

yes.
Agreed.

Longbow wrote:

It's an urban map for the PLA, not "infantry" map.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6432

Snake wrote:

I thought playing a lot of Iron Gator would make you see just how wrong that is. APCs will make all the difference clearing AT and it looks like the draw distance will allow sniping from the uncap up to the closest PLA flag.
Nihil
+15|5803|Malaga, Spain

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Snake wrote:

I thought playing a lot of Iron Gator would make you see just how wrong that is. APCs will make all the difference clearing AT and it looks like the draw distance will allow sniping from the uncap up to the closest PLA flag.
Ah, but the only realistic way to get onto the Gator against a SEAL team that is even slightly competent is with the transport chopper. APCs are sitting ducks when in water - they move painfully slow, have no cover and cannot be repaired.

Look at all the chokepoints though. Mines everywhere all over those bridges and shallow points, meaning the tanks will often be unable to proceed (much like Great Wall) and see above regarding the APCs if they try to swim.

In any case, the map will presumably be played IO, although with only RIBs to reach the shore it might be a bit like the 64 player size Gator - the stupidest IO map ever.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6563|England

Nihil wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Snake wrote:

Ah, but the only realistic way to get onto the Gator against a SEAL team that is even slightly competent is with the transport chopper. APCs are sitting ducks when in water - they move painfully slow, have no cover and cannot be repaired.
Exactly. Getting onto the Gator with an APC or a RIB is a 1/10000 chance, which really only works when the HIND has the top deck completely dominated. Even then, they have to get into the boat bay...which is not going to happen.
APC's in the water are just sitting ducks and are far too slow in water to evade missiles.

Nihil wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Look at all the chokepoints though. Mines everywhere all over those bridges and shallow points, meaning the tanks will often be unable to proceed (much like Great Wall) and see above regarding the APCs if they try to swim.

In any case, the map will presumably be played IO, although with only RIBs to reach the shore it might be a bit like the 64 player size Gator - the stupidest IO map ever.
Spot on. I hadn't even thought of AT-mines, but thats a good point. Mine the beaches to stop APC's (if they get past AT-barrages) and, again, game over.

In its current state, the map is far too linear, and far too easy to defend as, against the US.
Hallvard
+262|6520|North Norway

fogy map is fogy
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6379|the land of bourbon

Fat_Swinub wrote:

I thought playing a lot of Iron Gator would make you see just how wrong that is. APCs will make all the difference clearing AT
i lol'd
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
BENBOBBY
+14|5557|UK
My first impressions are that it wouldnt be that great - any maps with a strech of water between flags is too easily defended against with AT rockets as players try to cross (look at Devils Pearch). They could have made Temple/Market neutral to begin with so at least US had some hope of capping initially.

It looks too linear as well. I prefere maps like Ghost Town where you have a choice of 2 or 3 flags to cap so the round flows well and doesnt result in a stalemate.

I think EA should have held a competition for fans to design the layout of a new map for the upcoming patch. After hours of playing I think we have a fairly good idea of what makes a well balanced and fun map. It would have helped promote it too.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

too much fog
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6379|Oslo, Norway
Cool. This game need another PLA map.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
As I've said in the past: Project Reality did it already and they did it better.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard