.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6819|Marathon, Florida Keys
So today i realized i hate fps because of grenades.

1. Played bf2 for the first time in months, got killed 15 times in a round, at least 10 times by grenades, 5 times from claymores. Turned it off halfway through the round.
2. Turned on 2142 for the first time in like a year, died from only grenades and APM mines and a few times by a really good dude with a sniper rifle head shooting everything that moved. turned off after 10 mins.
3. Played COD4. Nadespam and martyrdom homo orgy. took me 5 mins to ragequit
4. Turned on CS:Source. Was blind half the time and could not walk down a hallway without 50 HE grenades taking me down to 5 health only to be finished off with a glock or mp5 every single fucking time. Turned off after 10 mins of staring at a white screen with that ringing sound.
5. Day of defeat, pummeled with rifle grenades everywhere i went. This one actually took me 20 mins to ragequit because i could see the smoke trails from the nades and avoid them, but got mad cuz ppl used them as primaries.
6. In desperation for a decent FPS game i shove in my 2003 MOH:AA disk. I connect to a server, grab a M1 Garand, and go into a building and look out a window, i sit there for about 20 seconds seeing nothing when a potato masher pops right up through the window and blows up in my face without even touching the floor. I don't think ive yelled so loud in my life. I slammed my fist on the keyboard and made like 10 keys pop off.

Guess it is human nature to be a lame ass, or im just fucking cursed.
Back to EVE with my spaceshipz loaz.

*Awaiting for /fail, adapt or die, noob, fagit, crybaby, dont play then, and other omgimafanboy responses*
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5915|CA
Don't run and instigate every single fight/assualt?  If you knew what to look for and how to effectively play, you wouldn't be killed by nades.  Learn how to effectively use cover.

Otherwise, what was the point of this thread, if you knew you were going to be flamed?

Last edited by TopHat01 (2008-11-12 21:53:27)

TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6449|Brisbane, Australia

The problem is nades are there to prevent people staying behind cover, thats what they are meant to be used for.

I agree with Patton 100%, 9000% in the CoD4 case.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6717|67.222.138.85
don't suck tbh

I thought you played competitively? Even if grenades are a large part of the game still in competition play you must recognize the tactics associated with them, it's hardly spam. Particularly in CS.

Also, don't play CS:S.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6415|NSW, Australia

Tf2
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6166|Vancouver | Canada
I lol'd.

DoD has the worst nade spam I've ever seen.

It's like you're walking on a densely packed fucking minefield.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6675|NT, like Mick Dundee

XxRavenxX wrote:

Tf2
Seconded. Grenades drive me up the fucking wall in everything but TF2. The Demoman rocks.

Blindfiring spammed weapons with splash damage......

What a stupid thing to put in a game tbh.

Though CS is pretty good for it as most servers in Australia you can be banned for buying more than 1HE and 2Flashbangs in a round.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6143
DoD's nadespam doesn't bother me one bit. Most maps it's easy as hell to see the smoke from the nades, only takes a few minutes to learn where people nadespam, and where people don't. Plus, sprinting away from nades in DoD is easier than any other FPS I've played.

edit: Actually it's the only game I play right now. Last time I played CoD4 I got nadespammed right as I spawned about 4 times in a row, then got hit with airstrikes the next 2 times I respawned.

Last edited by NateWiese (2008-11-12 22:21:55)

¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6195
nades are fucking cheap as hell in all games

i still use em though
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6163|what

The problem with those games is that the maps are never dynamic.

You know exactly where the sniper is going to be, and exactly what window to throw the nade.

In Cod4 I'm notorious for shooting people in the first 3 seconds of a round in Search and Destroy with my sniper rifle from half way across the map. You always know exactly what routes they're going to take immediately after spawning and it's too easy to camp.

Same goes with nades, but I don't use them that often.

If the maps were dynamic and changed setup with each new round it would be infinitely more interesting. I don't know how long til we see a game that adopts it however.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

TheAussieReaper wrote:

If the maps were dynamic and changed setup with each new round it would be infinitely more interesting. I don't know how long til we see a game that adopts it however.
It probably wouldn't take much to adapt a setup like Hellgate London for city maps. Randomized terrain might take a bit more resources though.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6556
He who throws the first nade 'splodes last. - Abraham Lincoln

I used to play a mod for UT2k4 where you could alt-fire a nade and it would bounce like a rubber ball. I could perfectly bank one through this S-shaped vent and there were almost always 4-5 people on the other side at the exact moment I reached it.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Flecco
iPod is broken.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

It probably wouldn't take much to adapt a setup like Hellgate London for city maps. Randomized terrain might take a bit more resources though.
But it would be well worth the effort imo.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5763|Roma
We all hate grenades, claymores, martyrdom and others.
But we all have to accept the fact that they are still part of the game.
Its hard, very hard to not get angry but....its not their fault if they want to use a weapon that is part of the game.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Flecco
iPod is broken.

aerodynamic wrote:

We all hate grenades, claymores, martyrdom and others.
But we all have to accept the fact that they are still part of the game.
Its hard, very hard to not get angry but....its not their fault if they want to use a weapon that is part of the game.
Tbh I want passive weapons removed from FPS games unless they are like the demoman's....

I.e. Indirect fire is his only option.
Longbow
+163|6657|Odessa, Ukraine
So true...
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England
Agreed. Snipers also are ruining FPS games. Grenades aren't as much of a problem in BF:Bad Company, but the Snipers have their own UAV sort of thing, plus they have a laser designator which can kill any vehicle in one shot (why would you go anti tank?) - Why the hell does the Sniper class always have to be the most noobed out class in every game.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum

Mekstizzle wrote:

Agreed. Snipers also are ruining FPS games. Grenades aren't as much of a problem in BF:Bad Company, but the Snipers have their own UAV sort of thing, plus they have a laser designator which can kill any vehicle in one shot (why would you go anti tank?) - Why the hell does the Sniper class always have to be the most noobed out class in every game.
Support is a better class tbh
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Mekstizzle wrote:

It's a case of balance actually. Again, I point to TF2.

And the reason it's always tricked out is because everybody wants to be the 1337 sn1p4 wh0 can headsh0t n00bs from 10000000km away and go loLOlolOLOl!!1!!111!!one!!!elven!!!!111!!.

Well, all the retards anyway.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6280
TF2

Valve removed all thrown grenades from the game. TFC had heaps and heaps.

I hate BF2 inf only because of grenades+claymores
I absolutely hated CoD4 because of grenade spam
etc
etc

However TF2 isn't the kind of game you're looking for (ie not a straight up fps) so it might not count.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-11-13 03:37:26)

Flecco
iPod is broken.

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Valve removed all thrown grenades from the game. TFC had heaps and heaps.
Knew that.

And yeah TF2 isn't a straight up FPS but it's one of the most balanced ones out there atm.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6363|Troy, New York
Yah, this is why I hate the first 30 seconds of every scrim/ match etc. Getting naded and then sitting out for the rest of the round is just so... wrong, particularly if the other team is terrible at shooting, and just chucks nades. At least no triple frag perk.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6480
You should play World of Warcraft there are only engineer grenades and they are easy to survive!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England

FatherTed wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

I stick mainly to Assault/Spec Ops/Anti Tank. Most of the time I can't get to a crate and plant a bomb because

a) my team mates are faggots that won't come with me

b) it's easy to camp the crates and defend them

So I just make sure I have a clean line of sight between me and the crate (<3 destructible buildings) and then start firing away at the crate. I think it goes down in 5 missiles and it's not hard to stock up on ammo, usually some other guy catches my drift and helps me out. Easy quick way of destroying the crates and you hardly get clocked whilst you're doing it. Much better than going on a suicide run and trying to plant a bomb on the crate.
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|6006|Belgium

Uzique wrote:

You should play World of Warcraft there are only engineer grenades and they are easy to survive!
/ban

O well they do use grenades in every single war IRL, and well it's not really a war game without grenades but yeah they do tend to spam them in most cases ....

Mekstizzle wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

I stick mainly to Assault/Spec Ops/Anti Tank. Most of the time I can't get to a crate and plant a bomb because

a) my team mates are faggots that won't come with me

b) it's easy to camp the crates and defend them

So I just make sure I have a clean line of sight between me and the crate (<3 destructible buildings) and then start firing away at the crate. I think it goes down in 5 missiles and it's not hard to stock up on ammo, usually some other guy catches my drift and helps me out. Easy quick way of destroying the crates and you hardly get clocked whilst you're doing it. Much better than going on a suicide run and trying to plant a bomb on the crate.
and this .... why don't more people think like you in bf bc mostly I get stuck on teams with five snipers running to plant the bomb with their pistols whipped out

Last edited by Hope_is_lost117 (2008-11-13 04:42:25)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard