Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462

M.O.A.B wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Xfire is a simple messenger program. Steam has to load up your games, your friends list, the steam browser, and other things.

OBVIOUSLY Steam's going to log in slower.
To be fair Xfire does quite a bit more than that whilst it logs in and synchronises with the servers, but fair enough .

And of course Crysis Warhead will be released on Steam too if Crysis is... that's not my point; my point was that it's generally an indicator that the game's retail figures sucked, if the games company and producers want to change their method of distrubution and whore the game out to a new online platform.
It sold somewhere between 1.5 officially and unofficially 3 million copies overall.
... So?

Sales figures mean nothing until you offset them against the costs of development, production and marketing.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
kptk92
u
+972|6399|tc_london
What is so good about Crysis? I don't get the hype...?
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6597|Greenwood, IN

kptk92 wrote:

Its not about Crysis.  Its about the fact that an EA game is being hosting on steam.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS

War Man wrote:

Steam is slow to log in compared to xfire
Yeah, and BF2 is slow to open compared to Pacman.

/facepalm
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261

kptk92 wrote:

Well its a lot of fun. The game should only ever be played on the delta difficulty setting. On the lower settings you nano suit is a gimmick to let you experiment with attacking your enemies, on delta difficulty it is your means of survival. Very fun game that unfortunately gets very linear towards the end. Crytek say they've sorted most problems people had with Crysis for Warhead. The [url=http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/909/909584p1.htmlIGN review[/url]seems to agree with them, giving the game 9.4.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6430|King Of The Islands

Spark wrote:

War Man wrote:

Steam is slow to log in compared to xfire
Yeah, and BF2 is slow to open compared to Pacman.

/facepalm
Photoshop is slow to load compared to Notepad.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
EVERYBODY. DO NOT BUY IT

Crytek have just revealed that both the retail and Steam versions of Crysis Warhead will have SecuROM and 3 install limit. I'd hoped that since Crytek had the option to avoid EA's DRM crap with Steam that they would. As you can see I didn't take it well.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/crys … ost5757174

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-09-18 12:48:13)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6426
I was considering getting the game but not through steam. The whole point is digital distribution is cheaper goods so there's no point buying it for $30 off steam when I could get a hard copy in store.

Edit: Do hard copies still have this 3 installs DRM crap?

Last edited by Fat_Swinub (2008-09-18 14:40:37)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
"Confirmation from Crytek - Activation limit is 5 for Steam and Retail" You can't avoid it.

I hope they get very low sales. They'll blame piracy of course, the bunch of whiney twats.

Aaaaaand here comes the amazon attack http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B0 … Descending

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-09-18 14:47:41)

SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5965|England

i dont understand why anyone was even close to considering buying it in the first place
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6147|Vancouver | Canada

SamTheMan:D wrote:

i dont understand why anyone was even close to considering buying it in the first place
Some people like to have fun.

Morons, I know.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
Because we enjoyed the first game and like to support the few remaining PC exclusive developers left in the world?
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5965|England

i thought we all agreed it was shit

nevermind then
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
People thought it was shit because it ran like shit on their shit PCs.

The game wasn't ground-breaking or anything, but I had fun playing it.
(Except for the fucking anti-gravity level.)
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6705|Purplicious Wisconsin

DefCon-17 wrote:

People thought it was shit because it ran like shit on their shit PCs.

The game wasn't ground-breaking or anything, but I had fun playing it.
(Except for the fucking anti-gravity level.)
That was the only real failure of crysis, far too high-tech for the average gamer's computers
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6454|cuntshitlake

War Man wrote:

real failure of crysis, far too high-tech for the average gamer's computers any computer

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2008-09-18 15:33:22)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
My computer is nowhere near up to date, and I ran it on med settings without problems.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6426
"Warhead uses online authentication and allows up to five activations. This gives you the opportunity to install the game as many times as you want on five different machines."

So as long as I don't install it on another computer/other OS installation, it's fine?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
Yup. It's like that with all these limited games. However hardware changes and reformats also use up an activation, as well as OS and computer changes. Seriously just avoid it like the plague. It's just a time bomb waiting to tell you you can't play it anymore.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-09-18 17:33:17)

weasel_thingo
+74|6318
olololol people will still pirate it anyway, the thing to get free games over steam (usually only single player or whatever) will probs work aswell.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6426
Seems like the game has been cracked. I want to buy it but skip all this DRM stuff. Shouldn't I just download the crack and use it with my retail version? I've heard the MP is on a completely different disk so it shouldn't have any issues with punkbuster if I want to play online.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Seems like the game has been cracked. I want to buy it but skip all this DRM stuff. Shouldn't I just download the crack and use it with my retail version? I've heard the MP is on a completely different disk so it shouldn't have any issues with punkbuster if I want to play online.
Well I was considering doing that with Red Alert 3, because I really want it. However it's basically just telling EA that you're fine with the DRM and will buy their future products that have it. So i'm not going to.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard