Brasso
+1,549|6600

I don't know if it just went over everyone's heads here, but in case you didn't notice, it's September 11th, 2008.  That means it's been 7 years since the 2001 attacks.

For anyone that wants to post their feelings here, go ahead.  I'll always remember those 2,999 who lost their lives on that day.

https://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292/haffeysucks/September11.jpg
September 11, 2001 - We will never forget.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2008-09-11 11:51:41)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
chittydog
less busy
+586|6805|Kubra, Damn it!

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=109434

Already been posted and closed.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5944|England

fuck i still remember that day

7 years has flow by
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon
leave this one open.
kptk92
u
+972|6378|tc_london

chittydog wrote:

So we aern't allowed to talk about a day that changed the world?
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

Yeah why was the other closed? Who was making fun of victims?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
Yeah, I remember my mom telling me I had to come see what was on TV.
I walked in right when they showed the first plane hitting the building..

I cried.
chittydog
less busy

kptk92 wrote:

chittydog wrote:

So we aern't allowed to talk about a day that changed the world?
Ask the mods, I can't close anything.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

chittydog wrote:

That was a joke thread, I'm actually serious about remembering those who died.  Fuck anyone who thinks that it was funny.

Mutantsteak wrote:

Yeah why was the other closed? Who was making fun of victims?
The OP perhaps?

Last edited by haffeysucks (2008-09-11 11:55:53)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
KFC are launching a memorial meal with a flaming tower burger and hot wings.
I got it from another forum, I know it's a joke, but would we be surprised if it happened

As for 9/11......meh, it was too long ago for me to remember nowadays

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-09-11 12:00:38)

Brasso
+1,549|6600

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

KFC are launching a memorial meal with a flaming tower burger and hot wings.
I got it from another forum, I know it's a joke, but would we be surprised if it happened
Yes, I for one would be extremely pissed about that.  It would be making money off of the pain and misfortune of others.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Rudy "9/11" Guliani - Now there's someone who is trying to capitalise as much as he can off pain and misery, I hope he gets a plane shoved up his arse
kptk92
u
+972|6378|tc_london
Well on that day, my Mum was crying and I was like "erm big deal?" Then again I was only, what, 8(ish).. I remember I wasn't allowed to come in and watch whatever was on telly
Brasso
+1,549|6600

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Easy to say when it didn't happen in your country, to your friends, relatives, neighbors, politicians, teachers, etc. etc.
chittydog
less busy

You were 8? Damn. I was 27. At work, everyone gathered in our HR director's office and watched the news all day.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

haffeysucks wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Easy to say when it didn't happen in your country, to your friends, relatives, neighbors, politicians, teachers, etc. etc.
Yes it is, because it didn't happen in my country, to my friends, relatives, neighbours, politicians (lol), teachers etc...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Keep it respectable and it stays open. I see nothing wrong with remembering the dead. Even if it is years later. I remember the Battle of the Bulge. 89,000 people lost their lives in one month.

If you want to talk politics head over to DAST.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.

haffeysucks wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

That is true, I barely though about it at all when it happened, I was like: Tragedy somewhere else in the world, kthxbai, but I was only 10 at the time.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5720|شمال
May all Innocent RIP
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Brasso
+1,549|6600

Kmarion wrote:

Keep it respectable and it stays open. I see nothing wrong with remembering the dead. Even if it is years later. I remember the Battle of the Bulge. 89,000 people lost their lives in one month.

If you want to talk politics head over to DAST.
Yes, I realize 9/11 isn't that important to most non-Americans, but it was important to me.  It is really the only mass casualty I have ever experienced in my life.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada

haffeysucks wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Not all foreigners are emotionless pricks.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

DefCon-17 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

I didn't say you were.
Banned
+856|5944|England

neither is mek
Mekstizzle
WALKER

DefCon-17 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Call me an emotionless prick for not lying and said I cried, of course I didn't cry. To me, it was just another news event. Like the Balkan wars were, or those African famines. I didn't cry for them either. Did you?

At least my value for human life is low all around the board (well except for close family members/friends.....maybe...). Whereas some seem to hold it higher in some places of the world and lower elsewhere.

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-09-11 12:17:55)

Banned
+856|5944|England

haffeysucks wrote:

SamTheMan:D wrote:

neither is mek
I didn't say he was either.  Jesus.
not you the guy who said it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard