m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
I've got a mate who works in NY and is coming back in september for a visit.  Great i'll get her to get me some cheap clothing!

...so i mentioned i can get some A&F shit to my brother and he laughed at me and called me all sorts of mildly insulting shit...what am i missing? Although he said AE was alright.  I thought these 3 brands were okay in American culture? What am i missing?!

Im just after some shorts and jeans....and i was in the A&F store in London today...£90 for a pair of jeans....fuck that.

Last edited by m3thod (2008-07-28 15:44:41)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

A&F are for spoiled girls and douche nozzle guys tbh.
`MetaL*
Just an ordinary guy, Looking for lulz.
+45|5724
Lawlz at all those gay brands.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6711|United States
All three of those stores are shit.
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK
what am i missing?!!! What do you suggest?!

edit

i should add apart from AF no one really knows of AE and Hollister.  You cultural perception of them doesn't map to the UK.  I could easily get way of looking like a douche nozzle.

Last edited by m3thod (2008-07-28 15:47:47)

TrueMusou
+36|6131|United States Of Hamerica

`MetaL* wrote:

Yea he summed it up pretty well.

Those brands are acceptable in American culture...but everyone laughs at you when you're not looking.
`MetaL*
+45|5724

m3thod wrote:

Don't get snobby rich spoiled kid clothes?
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6711|United States

m3thod wrote:

You can get clothing of equal or better quality at other stores that won't charge you an ungodly amount of money.

Oh, and get forget to add Aeropostal as another store that sells overpriced crappy clothing.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

carhartt = mans clothes tbh
BlackKoala
+215|6295

m3thod wrote:

The stores are fine, clothes are clothes.  The ones that hate like that probably:

a) are too fat to properly fit the clothes
b) cannot afford the clothes
c) wear wal-mart shoes and polos.

I prefer AE and Aeropostale to AF (AF is overpriced as shit) but Abercrombie makes the better jeans of the three, IMO.  The clothes are priced more than the walmart or Target stuff, but it is of better quality and design.

Last edited by BlackKoala (2008-07-28 15:48:46)

m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK

`MetaL* wrote:

m3thod wrote:

As much as i want to buy Helmut Lang, and swan around Selfridges....i would be bankrupt in 10 seconds.
David.P
Banned
+649|6244
Paradox!
`MetaL*
+45|5724

m3thod wrote:

`MetaL* wrote:

m3thod wrote:

As much as i want to buy Helmut Lang, and swan around Selfridges....i would be bankrupt in 10 seconds.
Goodwill & Salvation army tbh.
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK

usmarine wrote:

carhartt = mans clothes tbh
yeah I've got some carhartt T's.  Not that big over here, tends to be for the skateboarders but you don't find many of those either.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6711|United States

BlackKoala wrote:

m3thod wrote:

The stores are fine, clothes are clothes.  The ones that hate like that probably:

I prefer AE and Aeropostale to AF (AF is overpriced as shit) but Abercrombie makes the better jeans of the three, IMO.  The clothes are priced more than the walmart or Target stuff, but it is of better quality and design.
If clothes are clothes, then what's the point of spending rediculous amounts of money when you can get cheaper non-brand clothing that looks just as fine with no difference in quality?
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

`MetaL* wrote:

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6259|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

you coming to new york? D:

my friend works at the AE in union square tbh (not that i wear AE/A&F/hollister, anyway)
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
i g
Banned
+876|5834|GA

i have clothes from all of those places. theyre all from family members, though, because i dont go shopping
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6457|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
All those clothing lines are for the We all dress alike, My t shirt is 3 sizes too small, visor tilted to side, clone crew.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 9#p2051039

They're expensive clothes where you're paying for the brand and "fashion" (ripped/acid wash jeans?) not the quality. They are popular with rich suburban youth.

BlackKoala wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Wonderfully normal body, you'll have to trust me on that though, my mom has tried to push the clothes on me, and I wear the most respectable clothes I can find from places like Kohl's.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6417|Boulder, CO
I wouldn't bother myself, I just get £12 jeans from this place called petroleum thats relatively near me, good quality,  my last pair laster over a year before getting the standard 2 inch knee holes in them.

decent value > pointless snobbery.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

Fuck. That.

A pair of levi's and a Seattle FD t shirt. Pretty much handle anything ever.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
I don't pwn anything of those brands and I'm proud of it. I can get clothes of the same quality for much cheaper if I don't buy shitty brands like those.
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK
lawl i knew i would get battered for this thread.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Make sure you wear your American Eagle clothes to Pakistan

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard