OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6688|Washington DC

This article according to Shacknews:

New TF2 PC Maps, Achievements and 'Large Scale' Gameplay Shift Within 2 Months
by Chris Faylor Jan 11, 2008 6:41pm CST

Update: Valve's Robin Walker has clarified that the new maps will definitely hit the PC, but are undecided for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Team Fortress 2, which are only available in The Orange Box.

Original Story: Two new maps for Valve's Team Fortress 2 will hopefully arrive within the next two months, the studio has informed Shacknews.

One of the new arenas is a remake of Team Fortress Classic's Badlands map, with an emphasis on more vertically-oriented gameplay due to the presence of control points on towering spires.

"Our estimate is that both these maps should be out within the next 2 months," Valve employee Robin Walker told Shacknews. "We expect to ship other new content before that."

That other content includes the forthcoming Medic achievement pack, which will add several new achievements for the Medic as well as a significant gameplay tweak for the class.

"It's a large scale modification to the core of the game," Walker hinted. "It'll debut in a limited fashion through the Medic first, but it'll be affecting all classes eventually."

"We're really looking forward to the community reaction," he continued. "We're really excited about where TF2 will be going over the next year."
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6518|Sheffield-England
ok
jsnipy
+3,276|6561|...

I sure hope the other map is hunted (even rock would be nice)

new content is new content, I won't complain

Last edited by jsnipy (2008-01-15 13:07:07)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6745|67.222.138.85
Oh hell yes.
Brasso
+1,549|6669

for PC owners!
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6528|Gogledd Cymru

lol at console fanboys.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6770|St. Andrews / Oslo

sweet
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|6035|Belgium

The Sheriff wrote:

lol at console fanboys.
We got other fun stuff
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|6012|England

Sounds like win
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6528|Gogledd Cymru

Hope_is_lost117 wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

lol at console fanboys.
We got other fun stuff
I dont give two shits about vibrating controllers....
Brasso
+1,549|6669

The Sheriff wrote:

Hope_is_lost117 wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

lol at console fanboys.
We got other fun stuff
I dont give two shits about vibrating controllers....
And we have those too, we just hook up your beloved controllers to our PCs if we choose.

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6308
Hmm. Major gameplay changes?

On one hand, i now can't wait for what they are, as i'm like that. It'll no doubt be something exciting and new, otherwise it would've been in the game to start with.

On the other hand, i hope they don't either a)mess it up or b) change the game too much.

Seeing as how it's Valve though, i can pretty much dismiss the worries there. I have complete faith in them .

As for the new maps, great . Even though i find the custom maps offer more variety, and are more fun in several cases than the official 6, more official maps is always a good thing.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6440|dm_maidenhead
Holy shit, 2 new maps?

http://www.fpsbanana.com/games/297 wrote:

303 Maps
Its just that servers are retarded. And decide that having 5,000 servers running the same rotation or 24/7 is a good thing.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6308

Peter wrote:

Holy shit, 2 new maps?

http://www.fpsbanana.com/games/297 wrote:

303 Maps
Its just that servers are retarded. And decide that having 5,000 servers running the same rotation or 24/7 is a good thing.
Yeah, i think server owners need to embrace custom maps on a larger scale. If i want to play a particular custom map, a lot of the time i just can't. Which is why I have 2 or 3 good custom map servers bookmarked, so I'm always getting to play the latest and greatest maps. I mean, there are always servers running castle, turbine, lazytown etc. But if i'm looking for a more obscure one that i just downloaded I usually just end up playing something else.

'2 new maps' does sound a little unimpressive if you're into the custom ones, like me, but I think of it like this: 2 new maps that will always have a lot of servers running them

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-01-15 14:53:58)

kptk92
u
+972|6446|tc_london
Holy fuck two new maps, I never knew of this
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6740
I love the way steam/valve works in letting you download new custom maps easily. BF2, you had to dowenload huge map-packs and stuff.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard