Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
oh...my...god. Vanilla BF2 is a piece of shit compared to PR, I was so amazed at how much PR is better than BF2.  I don't think I will ever play vanilla again, at least not for a VERY long time.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

I played pr for a bit ... imo its the game bf2 should have been.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6645

well, lets hope youre right. im dl'ing it right now.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6664|USA
Funny when I was playing it, we couldn't get a game going because no one would download "that big ass file". Now I uninstalled it everyone loves it. So goes life....

THe screenies I took long ago...

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=24038

Right before uninstall.

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2007-03-05 18:10:39)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

yeah, pr is great. i think i'll stick to it for a bit
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6460|behind my rifle

Superior Mind wrote:

oh...my...god. Vanilla BF2 is a piece of shit compared to PR, I was so amazed at how much PR is better than BF2.  I don't think I will ever play vanilla again, at least not for a VERY long time.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6645

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Funny when I was playing it, we couldn't get a game going because no one would download "that big ass file". Now I uninstalled it everyone loves it. So goes life....

Right before uninstall.
im using the torrent for download right now, 430kbs right now and it has been constantly increasing since i opened it. the whole dl is going to take less than an hour:

63% right now...
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6761|San Antonio, Texas

Omnideath wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Right before uninstall.
im using the torrent for download right now, 430kbs right now and it has been constantly increasing since i opened it. the whole dl is going to take less than an hour:

63% right now...
You mean you have not downloaded/played PRMM yet?!?!!!?!

*Smacks*
OmniDeath
~
+726|6645

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Omnideath wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Right before uninstall.

63% right now...
You mean you have not downloaded/played PRMM yet?!?!!!?!

*Smacks*
dont hurt me!!! im working on it, im working on it!!!

hopefully its all its cracked up to be. im still a little put off by the sounds of the kit system, but ive hardly seen anyone who doesnt like it. well find out soon i guess, currently at 75%
Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

It's hard to get used to, without the crosshair and everything. But that's what makes it realistic.

I also don't like the fact that you need special kits for different vehicles, and I don't like the way they messeed around with the spawn points. And it's not ranked :'(
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
+115|6549|inside your nose.
so to sound like a total fucking n00b who doesn't search or anything like that what is Project Reality? I know its like a mod thing for BF2 but what makes it better than BF2. Like more teamwork or what? Are the games better?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Superior Mind wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

I play both. Both styles are different, and both are fun. Vanilla's more accessible, and PR's more squad-oriented. If you can't find a team that has their shit together in PR, you're screwed. BF2 gives you a better chance at playing Rambo.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6645

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I play both. Both styles are different, and both are fun. Vanilla's more accessible, and PR's more squad-oriented. If you can't find a team that has their shit together in PR, you're screwed. BF2 gives you a better chance at playing Rambo.
that about sums up my first hour playing.

i love it though, the only thing i dont like is the kit stuff, but ill get used to it. it feels like graw in a way...
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6761|San Antonio, Texas

Omnideath wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

that about sums up my first hour playing.

i love it though, the only thing i dont like is the kit stuff, but ill get used to it. it feels like graw in a way...
It takes about five hours to get used to the kit system. After that it's great!
zeidmaan
+234|6417|Vienna

Omnideath dude make sure you read the guide and watch the videos
You can find the videos in this topic:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=65187

And before you start flying and using armor you should practice offline:
Read this:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=64613

That will get you going
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine
pr is ok when you play with cool guys . In vanilla you may do yourself , in pr it is impossible .
infinity101
+5|6583

Longbow wrote:

pr is ok when you play with cool guys . In vanilla you may do yourself , in pr it is impossible .
no, it is not impossible, it is just really harder

but sometimes you have to go and do stuff yourself if you cant get the message across to others in your squad

like you spot an enemy spawn point....start shouting enemy boat .....hoping that your team WILL take it just a little bit seriously and go check it out.....
that never helps ....so you try typing that message in game......probably die at least once while typing something that long......and they never catch something important like that among other unimportant messages

and then.....i snap....and go rambo....and destroy that spawn myself as they are uninterested
and while doing so....i bag myself some kills besides.....

AND THEN i go back to my squad

that got me thinking.....maybe they should include the "Enemy spawn spotted" instead or in addition to some of the messages
Rogness
The English Redneck
+10|6806|Plymouth, England

Superior Mind wrote:

Man, I heard all this for PoE2 as well (not specifically from Superior Mind, just in general) - it didn't last long though.  I'll bet it's the same for PRMM.

Don't get me wrong - I've played it and I like it, but I bet y'all be back with BF2 (or 2142 if that's your thang) soon enough.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6629|UK

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

I couldn't agree more!
GR34
+215|6547|ALBERTA> CANADA

jsnipy wrote:

exactly what i said first 30 sec of playing it
Sgt.Gene
+215|6765
The maps in PR are too open, there are no good closed city maps. The whole time while I play it, it makes me think im playing Zatar Wetlands or something...
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6392

Sgt.Gene wrote:

The maps in PR are too open, there are no good closed city maps. The whole time while I play it, it makes me think im playing Zatar Wetlands or something...
Maybe, but there are lot more buildings you can enter in PR and you can move across rooftops or use the grapple hook to get places people will never see you.  Once fully destructible buildings arrive, though, this will be of little use.
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine
I had a nice PR day today . Finally , decent teammates
Type 95's owns Even better then L85A2
wensleydale8
+81|6771|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire

some_random_panda wrote:

Sgt.Gene wrote:

Maybe, but there are lot more buildings you can enter in PR and you can move across rooftops or use the grapple hook to get places people will never see you.  Once fully destructible buildings arrive, though, this will be of little use.
I agree with once the destructible buildings arrive the whole map will be flat near enough.
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6645

well, safe to say im hooked.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard