zeidmaan
+234|6421|Vienna

yey a sub forum for PR

Most important thing is (Ive said it too many times): read the guide and watch the videos

http://guide.realitymod.com/index.php?title=User_Guide

That combined with few hours and you will be leet

It can also be very (VERY) useful to practice flying and using vehicles (at least learn how to take off and land the little bird).

One way to do it is to start a local server and open the console and write:

sv.NumPlayersNeededToStart 1

this will start the game even tho you are the only one on the server (normally it requires 6 players to join).
Now create a squad, request the pilot kit and practice flying.

For vehicles (tanks) start "al basrah" join insurgents and select "mechanic" kit. With it you can operate tanks.
(you have to do this since you cant request "crewman" kits with 1 player in squad)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to do more than just practice flying you have to change the config file. You have 2 ways to do it.

1. Manual
Go to ...\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\python\game and play around with the "realityconfig.py".

2. Automatic
In the above mentioned folder there is a file called "realityconfig_test.py". BACKUP THE ORIGINAL "realityconfig.py" FIRST and than change the "realityconfig_test.py" to "realityconfig.py".
This test config will change many things. It will allow you to request any kit you want (sniper, marksman, heavy AT etc). You wont have to wait 3 mins between requesting kits, you will respawn quickly and much more.

Practice AT weapons, grenade launchers, planes, tanks etc.

Have fun.

Last edited by zeidmaan (2007-03-23 12:15:59)

masterofflama
+19|6591|European Battlefield Command
thx man! +1
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6749|Reality

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6465|behind my rifle
sticky? well anywaze, i find this useful,  instead of making an ass of myself on a online server, i wanted to fly, but i never could, so thanks!
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6400|The Gem Saloon
great post, thanks.
im looking to download this mod when i get my new PC in 1-2 weeks, this will help out.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6398|Southern California

zeidmaan wrote:

2. Automtic
In the above mentioned folder there is a file called "realityconfig_test.py". BACKUP THE ORIGINAL "realityconfig.py" FIRST and than change the "realityconfig_test.py" to "realityconfig.py".
This test config will change many things. It will allow you to request any kit you want (sniper, marksman, heavy AT etc). You wont have to wait 3 mins between requesting kits, you will respawn quickly and much more.

Practise AT weapons, granade launchers etc.

Have fun.
I knew the sv.NumPlayersNeededToStart 1 thing. but this is news to me.....+1 thank you much.
zeidmaan
+234|6421|Vienna

well you are all welcome, but you should know I didnt write it to help you, I wrote it to help my self. I dont want to be stuck on the carrier the whole round while you all are flipping the little birds on the deck
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6730|Doncaster, England

zeidmaan wrote:

well you are all welcome, but you should know I didnt write it to help you, I wrote it to help my self. I dont want to be stuck on the carrier the whole round while you all are flipping the little birds on the deck

+1 thanks.
Sandriatinhi
+15|6654|Apeldoorn, Holland
I really enjoyed PR yesterdaynight. Thank the guys for making the BF-engine cool again! The gunnersseat of BH rocks again!
But i have a few questions left;
Is it able to re-arm the bombs on your jet? I kept flying over the airfield in the A-10 but only got 1 (or none?) bomb for each flight over the airstrip.
How come when i choose a rally-point to respawn, i spawn at the airfield again? bug?
Why is spawncampin protected (new spawing system) but didn't they fix the basecamping with the planes?
zeidmaan
+234|6421|Vienna

Sandriatinhi wrote:

I really enjoyed PR yesterdaynight. Thank the guys for making the BF-engine cool again! The gunnersseat of BH rocks again!
But i have a few questions left;
Is it able to re-arm the bombs on your jet? I kept flying over the airfield in the A-10 but only got 1 (or none?) bomb for each flight over the airstrip.
How come when i choose a rally-point to respawn, i spawn at the airfield again? bug?
Why is spawncampin protected (new spawing system) but didn't they fix the basecamping with the planes?
Planes take longer time to rearm than in vBF2, so its much better to land and rearm than to fly over.
Its really easy to land the A-10, specially on Al Basrah with that huge airfield. Try it few times on local server.

You can respawn on enemy rally points if your squad has a rally point, and you can respawn on your squads rally point. They are marked with numbers so check what squad number your squad has.
A little inconvenience is that you can select other squads rally points even if your squad doesnt have a rally. When you do that, and you don't have you own, you will spawn at main base.
If you select wrong rally point but your squad DOES have one than you will respawn at than selected rally.

I dont exactly understand you last question

Last edited by zeidmaan (2007-07-12 09:53:43)

Sandriatinhi
+15|6654|Apeldoorn, Holland
Thanks for the answers! +1 for you for helping me ou
By the last question i meant that the developers of PR created the rallypoints to prevent spawnraping.
But as i was trying to leave the airfield everytime there came an airplane to shoot me from the runway before i could even take off. This basecamping is allowed as it seems, but there is no sudden death for pilots above uncapp's or some other measure?
zeidmaan
+234|6421|Vienna

Oh no, the rally points weren't invented to prevent spawncamping. They were invented to change the gameplay, and to compensate for removing of capability to spawn on the flags.

On maps with insurgents, insurgents cant go to other teams main base. They get the "out of bounds" message. Although good drivers can manage to get close enough with the suicide car before dying. I dont know whether they will be implementing this function to all maps.
On other maps spawn raping does happen and its up to server owners to decide whether its allowed or not.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6529|the Netherlands
i like the car with the rebels victory song and the red truck with the big pounding bomb on the back ... FUNNY!!

why? cause its a GAME dummy
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6292|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
I think this needs to be updated for 0.609, cuz I really want to learn to grenade shit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard