yes59%59% - 232
nah40%40% - 158
Total: 390
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6637

Warstarz wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

I like when rappers... have intelligent lyrics.
Good luck finding that.

I listen to music that takes talent. Some forms of rock like emo where they play the same thing over and over for 4 minutes and sing about nothing or death metal where they growl and put on the distortion to mask their shittyness. The thing is, rap is even worse. At least in an emo band you have to learn how to play instruments and actually have a voice and in death metal it's the same thing (minus the "having a voice"). Rap is completely talentless. In fact, I'm taking audio engineering and know how to make rap songs. If anyone here knows how it works, it's me. And I KNOW that it doesn't take much.

I had to make a song for a project. Since rap was easiest, I chose it. I hopped on the latest version of Fruity Loops and made a simple beat (which was more complex than a LOT of famous rap songs IMO) and then wrote some shitty lyrics that rhymed. After doing that, I got some guy to rap (basically talk to the beat) and then I was done. Took me 3 days.

Now, I also help my cousin with his rock band. They're not the best in the world but I think the time it takes to learn the guitar, learn how to sing good, learn how to play the bass, and learn how to play the drums AND write good lyrics all while constructing a guitar solo strategically placed in the song is a tad more difficult.

I hate rap because people make money off of this effortless crap and people like my cousin (maybe those a little more talented) don't make shit. It's because of those people that are mesmerized by a loud beat and lyrics you can barely understand that this shit is actually popular.
I was just wondering if you have ever listened to any Death Metal bands?  If you have, have you ever tried to scream as they have? 

Damn straight you can't.

See, all music has something which makes is special; something which sets it aside in its own genre for they can do things which other artists can't.  Take these bands for example: Amon Amarth (Death Metal) vs. My Chemical Romance (Pop rock/emo rock)  Amon Amarth cannot sing (well at least Hegg can't) he can only scream, but scream insanely well.  The lead singer of MCR could never in his life scream as well as Johan Hegg can for they perform different styles of music.

The same goes for Rap vs. Metal or Rap vs. Rock or Rap vs. Anything.  Rappers have their own "talents" as much as I'd hate to admit it.  I am damn sure that most rock groups could not "freestyle" on the spot, constructing songs which ryhme only using the objects around them for inspiration. 

Music is different because people are different.  If we all liked the same music then what good would we be?  Being different is the best thing that can happen to a human being, and if that means that they like Rap instead of Metal...fine.  Deal with it.  People won't change just because you told them to.  People are people just like you and me, we hold our opinions stubbornly out of the sheer desire to maintain our differences.

Arguing over music can never be fruitful, it's like trying to argue with me about my favorite sport, or my favorite type of ice cream...It ain't changing.

Last edited by MorbiD.ShoT (2007-01-07 11:17:37)

|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6424|California

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

Arguing over music can never be fruitful, it's like trying to argue with me about my favorite sport, or my favorite type of ice cream...It ain't changing.
That's true, just like all these guys making Threads about religion and politics, they all have the same, Kick ass Republicans like me vs. Democrats;  And Religious people Vs. Atheists.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6623|SE London

Some of it is really good. The majority of rap is fucking awful though.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6806|Toronto Canada
I dont like "gangsta rap" i like intelligent political rap. Immortal Technique is probably the best political rapper out there.

If you think intelligent rap is an oxymoron, you are wrong. download 4th Branch by Immortal Technique

maybe that will change you rap hater's opinions

I fail to see any intelligence in screaming into the microphone whilst shredding on a guitar.

Last edited by kessel! (2007-01-07 11:49:35)

|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6424|California

kessel! wrote:

I dont like "gangsta rap" i like intelligent political rap. Immortal Technique is probably the best political rapper out there.

I fail to see any intelligence in screaming into the microphone whilst shredding on a guitar.
I fail to see intelligence in rhyming about how someone got out of the poorhouse by singing crap. There's no intelligent rap, just retarded rap.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6806|Toronto Canada
that is not what all rap is about you fool. Rappers I listen are more articulate than most metal bands, they have a message. Download 4th branch, please.
|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6424|California

kessel! wrote:

that is not what all rap is about you fool. Rappers I listen are more articulate than most metal bands, they have a message. Download 4th branch, please.
You wish they were more articulate, rap is a bunch of babble, not music.

Articulate: Expressing oneself easily in clear and effective language:  an articulate speaker. 

Emphasizing on "effective language", rappers do NOT speak in words everyone can understand, for example: "Wangster", wtf is ''wangster"?! Yep, retarded. You're the fool here my friend, besides the fact you enjoy rap, ew.

Last edited by |=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo. (2007-01-07 12:08:32)

Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6861
metal has some of the most retarded lyrics ever. example:

PCP Torpedo by AGORAPHOBIC NOSEBLEED

Ten thousand bullets emptied on a unexpected school bus full of kids
Kamikaze car bomb launch to kingdom shit

is there more, you say? NO! that's the whole song! the band name is retarded, the song name is fucking stupid, and the lyrics are completely mindless. how is this any better than bitches and hos and bling?

Last edited by Krappyappy (2007-01-07 12:07:37)

Warstarz
+11|6473

Krappyappy wrote:

is there more, you say? NO! that's the whole song! the band name is retarded, the song name is fucking stupid, and the lyrics are completely mindless. how is this any better than bitches and hos and bling?
It's not. Both aspects are horrible IMO. BUT, all rock isn't like that. All rap isn't like that.
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6731|London, UK
bloody ipod is 95% rap music :p
|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6424|California

Krappyappy wrote:

Because they're not a bunch of resented poor people who went from poor to rich and now try to show off as if they are the only ones with huge ridiculous jewelry, ok, a bit off topic I guess, but true. I don't know what band is that but if that's the song then I'd say they're in need of counseling , however not all rock bands are like that, take Metallica, their music is extremely good , its not like rap music, all bands suck, their lyrics are stupid and retarded.

Here's another thing I'd like someone to answer, why do imbecile rappers MUST show of their jewelry as if it was some kind of trophy? You see that every time they're on the red carpet or similar, they look like little kids showing off their toys to their parents, only that they look way much stupider and the fact that they're older than 20yo, again, they're retarded, and you just can't deny it.

Last edited by |=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo. (2007-01-07 12:14:40)

Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6861

|=-sL-.Cujucuyo. wrote:

Here's another thing I'd like someone to answer, why do imbecile rappers MUST show of their jewelry as if it was some kind of trophy? You see that every time they're on the red carpet or similar, they look like little kids showing off their toys to their parents, only that they look way much stupider and the fact that they're older than 20yo, again, they're retarded, and you just can't deny it.
yeah because metal bands look so cool
https://img347.imageshack.us/img347/1950/bm3xc3.jpg

everything you say has been about commercial gangsta rap. you don't know enough about rap to make any valid statements. i on the other hand do listen to metal. i know what metal is about. i can honestly say i like both, but only good metal and only good rap.

you can't say the same thing because you've obviously never given rap a chance. also, 'way much stupider' doesn't make any grammatical sense.

stay in school.

Last edited by Krappyappy (2007-01-07 12:21:38)

MorbiD.ShoT
+322|6637

Krappyappy wrote:

|=-sL-.Cujucuyo. wrote:

http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/1950/bm3xc3.jpg

everything you say has been about commercial gangsta rap. you don't know enough about rap to make any valid statements. i on the other hand do listen to metal. i know what metal is about. i can honestly say i like both, but only good metal and only good rap.

you can't say the same thing because you've obviously never given rap a chance. also, 'way much stupider' doesn't make any grammatical sense.

stay in school.
You're just making yourself look like a fool for arguing in the favor of rap.  I've already said that you can't argue about music, so WHY DO IT.

I learnt that a while ago...What is the fucking point???

Are you trying to change my opinion on something?  Are you trying to get me to like rap??

IT WON'T FUCKING WORK.  I have my own goddamed opinion and so does every fucking one esle on these forums.  Get over it.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6861

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

I've already said that you can't argue about music, so WHY DO IT.
god forbid i do something without your permission.
MorbiD.ShoT
+322|6637

Krappyappy wrote:

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

I've already said that you can't argue about music, so WHY DO IT.
god forbid i do something without your permission.
God forbid that you persist in doing it.

Myself wrote:

That's what I said and meant by "...I already said you can't argue about music..." I wonder if you even read that.

Last edited by MorbiD.ShoT (2007-01-07 12:27:58)

Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6861
well if arguing about musical taste is fruitless then arguing about whether to argue about it is even more fruitless.
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6562|Istanbul-Turkey
dont hate dont listen.
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6372|teh alien spaceshit
The only rap songs I like are white n' nerdy and Rydin.
MorbiD.ShoT
+322|6637

Krappyappy wrote:

well if arguing about musical taste is fruitless then arguing about whether to argue about it is even more fruitless.
Lawlll...This is true.  +1 for making sense.
Recoil555
A God Amongst Men
+26|6493|UK
I like hip hop like Jurassic 5 they rap but its old school and very good as for any other rap like fifty cent and people they re really shit rappers but i think there is good examples of every music.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6807|UK
Some rap is ok. Some of it is shit. Thats the same with all music, anyone who "HATES" rap is just plain retarded.
|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6424|California

Vilham wrote:

Some rap is ok. Some of it is shit. Thats the same with all music, anyone who "HATES" rap is just plain retarded.
I have the same thoughts, just that its the other way around, anyone who likes rap is retarded
|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6424|California

Krappyappy wrote:

|=-sL-.Cujucuyo. wrote:

http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/1950/bm3xc3.jpg

stay in school.
Yeah and like rappers and their followers look so much cooler:

https://www.jest.com/images/wigger2big.gif <====Retard!!!

Last edited by |=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo. (2007-01-07 14:54:09)

Not
Great success!
+216|6618|Chandler, AZ
No trust me cuju, you are a redneck, banjo playin hillbilly.

Metallica? I should have figured you'd like a band that sells out and sues its own fans for listening to their music. Maybe that's the big difference. A rapper appreciates his break, while your fag Metallica fucks the fans over.

Just continue being a narrow minded racist. I keep SOAD, RATM, Notorious BIG, 36 Mafia, Chamillionaire, Immortal Technique, Paul Wall, Disturbed all on my playlist. I'm a fan of just about all music, and probably most of the stuff you like too. The difference is I'm not a peabrained hick.
jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6781|Norcal, usa
i like that old rap with the white people on trains, not the new rap with black guys hanging their dicks around.
Old rap as in the music man. That was some quality stuff.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard