Boosters will be free. Read whole changelog here
07/07/09: Beta 3 is out:
If you find your game becomes unresponsive when you alt+tab, disable anti-aliasing.
Changelog from beta 2 to beta 3:
11/05/09: Beta 2 is out:# Made some more tweaks to J10 handling to even its balance against other jets. - Fixed
# Hit detection is better but only for those on low pings - We have seen some improvement from the closed beta results but let us know what you think.
# Sand bags have ”glass” effect in Operation Blue Pearl - In Test
# Operation Blue Pearl is missing UAV ability - Fixed
# Clicking on JOIN or double clicking a server occasionally resets the game back to server browser - Fixed
# Occasional connection drops after being on a server a couple of minutes - Fixed
# Crashes when changing Falcon settings sometimes. - Fixed
# Commander assets do not always fire/work - Fixed
# Modify HUD in TV guided missile view that makes viewing difficult on maps like Dragon Valley - Fixed
# Army hardware takes too long to spawn on Wake Island - Investigating
# Mouse control didn't work in Special Forces - Fixed
# Falcon controls overwrote on every map load in Special Forces - Fixed
# Highway Tampa crashes at 14% - Fixed
# Added Battlefield 2142 style prone deviation - Fixed (going prone will now cause reduced accuracy for a brief period the same system BF2142 uses)
Changes made from beta 1 to beta 2:
Old beta links (redundant):* Consensus to revert to 0.3 second delay between jump and prone - Fixed
* Mouse wheel acceleration on jeeps and APC’s - In Test
* Mouse wheel acceleration on parachutes - In Test
* Falcon controller prevents joystick controls being assigned to work especially on jets and helicopters. Falcon always acts as primary controller for pitch and roll. Resets to Falcon at the start of every round. - Fixed
* The jets on Highway Tampa were replaced with attack choppers in 1.50 - Fixed, Highway Tampa is now as it was in 1.41
* The graphics for Highway Tampa are the same as Mashtuur City on create a local match in the menu and load screen. - Fixed
* Picking up the kit of a player who disconnected causes crashes - In Test
* Audio settings do not always save after clicking APPLY - Fixed
* Registry Version remains at 1.4 after Update 1.5 is installed - Fixed
* BF2OpenAL.dll was version 126.96.36.199 - Fixed - Updated to version 188.8.131.52
* ch_gas_station collision mesh on Dragon Valley was inconsistent with other gas station buildings - Fixed
* MEC artillery piece on Operation Clean Sweep changes to the USMC's control when they capture the Airfield flag - Fixed
* Challenger2 HUD icon was incorrect showing M1A2 HUD icon instead - Fixed
* Road to Jalalabad has PLA FAV spawn in place of a MEC FAV - Fixed
* Dragon Valley Chinese artillery used default respawn time instead of 360 seconds as other artillery uses - Fixed
* Bizon (PP-19) had no delay time after weapon switch - Fixed (this now has a delay of 0.666)
* F35B had a lock delay of 1.5 compared to 1 second lock delay of other aircraft - Fixed
* Incorrect camo Humvee was being spawned in Taraba Quarry - Fixed
* UH-60 (Black Hawk) guns had 0.25 splash damage setting, down from 3 making it difficult to hit infantry. - Fixed (this is now set to 1.5 to improve the UH-60's usefulness while not allowing it to dominate)
* It was impossible to pass a claymore unless an engineer disarmed it first. - Fixed (players can now go prone to pass the claymore)
* Allow BF2.exe to use more than 2Gb RAM on machines that support it - Fixed
Update: Coming tomorrow according to the twitter
Having to regenerate md5 files so watch this space for information on Battlefield 2 Update 1.50 TOMORROW!!! 21st April 2009.
This isn't a fake, it's straight from the horse's mouth. http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … ost7716555 if you don't believe me.============
- Additional support for Windows Vista.
- Added Highway Tampa as a required map.
- Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.
- Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced. Please note that the J10 is a superior dogfighter to the F35B and as such these two aircraft will never be equally matched.
- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.
- Added checks to prevent "runway grieving".
- Various changes made to prevent cheating.
- Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model.
Update on Tampa:
Akaorcram;8313940 wrote:Well as baza told in IRC this map is a mistake and they will restore the old one that was in 1.41
So no laming choopers
Tanks fights go
Mod Edit: Only discussion about the new patch in this thread please.
Discussion about the new map, can be done in the existing thread.
Last edited by Fat_Swinub (2009-08-27 04:31:46)