liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6633|UK

Jinto-sk wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Should there be a system of '1st warning->2nd warning->temp-ban-> perma-ban'
There is. However posting vulgar images or insulting admins would probably jump the user straight to a ban. Whereas, an insult to annother member would only give the user a warning.

etc
So admins deserve more respect ???? than a mere forum user ???
Please point out to me where that is said.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6712|67.222.138.85

liquidat0r wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Do we really need to be second guessing the mods in the first place? It's there forum, and they can and are going to do what they want no matter what, so the only thing to do if it puts you off so much is leave.
I'd say that people have every right to question their ban or anyone else's ban or any action taken by a mod.
Honestly I'm not sure it's worth it, I know you guys review every ban and since I know there are some people here many of you would like to ban but don't, showing some self-restraint, I don't really see this becoming a dictatorship of a forum anytime soon.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6561

liquidat0r wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Do we really need to be second guessing the mods in the first place? It's there forum, and they can and are going to do what they want no matter what, so the only thing to do if it puts you off so much is leave.
I'd say that people have every right to question their ban or anyone else's ban or any action taken by a mod.
I appreciate that greatly.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6597|Scarborough Yorkshire England

liquidat0r wrote:

Jinto-sk wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

There is. However posting vulgar images or insulting admins would probably jump the user straight to a ban. Whereas, an insult to annother member would only give the user a warning.

etc
insulting admins would probably jump the user straight to a ban. Whereas, an insult to annother member would only give the user a warning.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6633|IRELAND

I'm a server admin, not a forum admin, but a lot of the mods admin both. From my experience the Ban's from the server are usually discussed among all the server admins.

However I imagine that some people over step the mark. But I think the forum admins should take into consideration the person getting the bans' previous post count. If they have a record of warnings and complaints across their BF2s Forum lifetime then obviously they won't learn. If someone has a previously clear track record and this is their first offense then 1 warning or temp ban, step out of line you get a ban system would be better.  The Debate and Serious Talk section is quite heated and we do talk about a lot of serious issues than say. "rate my stats"  or   "OMFG Haxxxxtor alert" and its easy for someone to make a spur of the moment decision blurred by emotions.

Ikarti embodies just about everything I hate about humanity but I still want him back....... Yes he was wrong, but I can understand the drivel being pushed down his neck at home would make him very passionate about the issue and make him do something he would, on later reflection admit was wrong and over the top. If I remember right it was my post which got him upset enough to post the pictures.

BRING BACK IKARTI!!!
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6633|UK

Jinto-sk wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Jinto-sk wrote:

insulting admins would probably jump the user straight to a ban. Whereas, an insult to another member would only give the user a warning.
Think about it. If you had put a great deal of effort into building this site and forming this community as chuy has. Wouldn't you ban someone insulting you?

If i was chuy and i read a post directed at me saying: "f*ck you and everyone else here" I'd ban them. Wouldn't you?
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman

liquidat0r wrote:

Jinto-sk wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

insulting admins would probably jump the user straight to a ban. Whereas, an insult to another member would only give the user a warning.
Think about it. If you had put a great deal of effort into building this site and forming this community as chuy has. Wouldn't you ban someone insulting you?

If i was chuy and i read a post directed at me saying: "f*ck you and everyone else here" I'd ban them. Wouldn't you?
Is this about Chuy or admins
Yeah I agree with you but different rules for different people is what I don't like
Chuy can do what he likes I have no problem with that.
But me insulting you results in a ban but compared to the SAME insult to a forum member results in a warning, that in my eyes is double standards.
I fully appreciate that the admins and the mods have loads to do and I think they do a fantastic job keeping this site clean and running smooth, I just think that the same rules should apply regardless of who you are insulting

Last edited by Jinto-sk (2006-10-31 07:15:17)

SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6567|Cheshire, UK
I think there should be a user page with smiley faces or sad faces depending on the users behaviour.... As you get more sad faces you can get warnings or bans...

Oh but wouldn't that be like primary school???
Deadman
+34|6448|England
I think a mod can do whatever they like.
This is just a game forum remember, irrespective of the sub-forum title. I think the 'debate and serious talk' sub-forum is totaly abused by a lot of people. This should be a fun place to come, where people post all kind of funny crap and get humorous reponses. Not flamed by kids who are trying to be someone they're not.
I'm sure there are many serious forums dedicated to the political/social/racial and whatever other personal issues you might have.
I just wish people would lighten up. phew....
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6748|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

liquidat0r wrote:

Jinto-sk wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

No, ffs - people need to learn to not be so fucking hyper sensitive, someone could say "fuck you ya cunt" to me and I wouldn't bat an eye lid or they could tell me to fuck off, jesus christ what world do you lot live in? oooh he told me to fuck off ban him!!!!! aye right..

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2006-10-31 07:37:17)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6633|UK

IG-Calibre wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Jinto-sk wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

No, ffs - people need to learn to not be so fucking hyper sensitive, someone could say "fuck you ya cunt" to me and I would bat an eye lid or they could tell me to fuck off, jesus christ what world do you lot live in? oooh he told me to fuck off ban him!!!!! aye right..
Did you build this site?
IG-Calibre
comhalta

liquidat0r wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

No, ffs - people need to learn to not be so fucking hyper sensitive, someone could say "fuck you ya cunt" to me and I would bat an eye lid or they could tell me to fuck off, jesus christ what world do you lot live in? oooh he told me to fuck off ban him!!!!! aye right..
Did you build this site?
and your point is? this site was built with the purpose of people interacting with each other, and guess what, people tell each other to fuck off all the time. You sound like some fucking child that will take his ball back unless all the other children do what they want. away and have a word with yourself..
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6535|Global Command

sergeriver wrote:

The final decision on a perma ban is on the admins.  I received a perma ban by a mod, then talked with Chuy, and he immediately unbanned me, because as in his on words the mod went too far with you.
If this about Ikarti he should try to talk with Chuy, he really is a cool guy.
My story and advice as well.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6555|Southeastern USA

IG-Calibre wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

Did you build this site?
and your point is? this site was built with the purpose of people interacting with each other, and guess what, people tell each other to fuck off all the time. You sound like some fucking child that will take his ball back unless all the other children do what they want. away and have a word with yourself..
oi, some people do get a wee bit sensitive and go running to mods once a week, or posting something directly in a thread "omg you broke rule # 42, this should be closed!!", lighten up, it's der interwebs.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6826|Belgium

CameronPoe wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I appreciate that greatly.
Well, if you disagree with an action PM a mod/admin, any on the staff will be glad to explain a specific action when asked (in a correct way).

Jinto-sk wrote:

But me insulting you results in a ban but compared to the SAME insult to a forum member results in a warning, that in my eyes is double standards.
Well actually we work with double standards or a 'spectrum' of standards. It really depends on how far you go over the line; for instance:

a pic with some pink parts gets removed and the member warned.
a pic with gore details like 'a girl in a tub' will be removed and the member banned.

If this was not the first time the rules got violated... well the member gets discussed among mods/admins. Your vacation gets prolonged to infinity.

Same goes for insults; calling a mod names is stupid, insulting the big Jesus out of anyone will earn you a vacation.

All off us were hand picked by Chuy, so he could trust us in judging for him. But in the end we are all just human and after three hours of cleaning up the school yard some insults will be handled more gravely than others.

If you disagree with an action PM the mod or an admin (or use any other method available). Perm-bans were revoked in the past.

Deadman wrote:

I just wish people would lighten up. phew....
Couldn't agree more, but than again, we also try to keep the fun. Some images or a hundred spam threads a day are just no fun.

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

I agree that it should really take a majority vote on behalf of the moderators to perma-ban someone but temp-ban should be available with immediate affect
The current system is a bit more flexible, no mod can perma-ban someone, we can only ban him until Chuy looks into the case and finalizes the process. I personally believe it just that he calls those shots since it is his site.

Not just anybody is a mod and not just anybody finalizes a perm-ban. Most members that are walking on thin ice are being discussed by the mods/admins. And for the third time if you feel unjustly treated, you can always appeal. Do know that any action that was taken against you in the past is recorded, people with a page long mod-history do not have much space to wiggle.

Cheers,
R
IG-Calibre
comhalta

kr@cker wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Did you build this site?
oi, some people do get a wee bit sensitive and go running to mods once a week, or posting something directly in a thread "omg you broke rule # 42, this should be closed!!", lighten up, it's der interwebs.
exactly my point, people need to turn the hyper sensitive dial back down a bit, rather than taking something as innoculous as being told to fuck off as a reason to ban someone - lighten up indeed
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6652
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/deathbym0nkeyz/ownage.jpg

This was a result of posting "hahaha" in that thread where TriggerHappy998 told everyone here to go fuck themselves. The funny thing is that he was no longer a moderator when I posted it (and I even edited it out).
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

Jinto-sk wrote:

Well actually we work with double standards or a 'spectrum' of standards. It really depends on how far you go over the line; for instance:

a pic with some pink parts gets removed and the member warned.
a pic with gore details like 'a girl in a tub' will be removed and the member banned.

If this was not the first time the rules got violated... well the member gets discussed among mods/admins. Your vacation gets prolonged to infinity.

Same goes for insults; calling a mod names is stupid, insulting the big Jesus out of anyone will earn you a vacation.

All off us were hand picked by Chuy, so he could trust us in judging for him. But in the end we are all just human and after three hours of cleaning up the school yard some insults will be handled more gravely than others.
But what About me insulting an admin/mod and using the same insult to a normal forum user.

Last edited by Jinto-sk (2006-10-31 08:51:52)

IRONCHEF
+385|6496|Northern California
I had my rude awakening into mod discretion when I got a 72 hour ban for posting an image of a dead iraqi whose head was blown to pieces from a .50 caliber round out of a barrett.  Guess I shoulda linked to it.  But as a tip, it would have been a better practice to simply give me the gnarly threat of being banned and why, instead of just yanking me for 72 hours.  I had no idea what happened until that 72 hours was over and i could read my messages.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6552|Doncaster, UK

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

I agree that it should really take a majority vote on behalf of the moderators to perma-ban someone but temp-ban should be available with immediate affect
The current system is a bit more flexible, no mod can perma-ban someone, we can only ban him until Chuy looks into the case and finalizes the process. I personally believe it just that he calls those shots since it is his site.
I wasn't disputing the banning process and now that you have enlightened us that the final say on perma-bans comes from Chuy Almighty then I can see that it's more than fair. As I said, the temp-ban needs to be available to any mod so that he/she can immediately curtail someone going seriously off the rails.

That the temp-ban is then reviewed and a decision made is the logical progression.

Think of a temp-ban as being arrested, and the perma-ban as being tried and convicted.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6763|Argentina

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

I wasn't disputing the banning process and now that you have enlightened us that the final say on perma-bans comes from Chuy Almighty then I can see that it's more than fair. As I said, the temp-ban needs to be available to any mod so that he/she can immediately curtail someone going seriously off the rails.

That the temp-ban is then reviewed and a decision made is the logical progression.

Think of a temp-ban as being arrested, and the perma-ban as being tried and convicted.
She?  Is there any girl mod in here?  I don't think so.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6826|Belgium

Jinto-sk wrote:

But what About me insulting an admin/mod and using the same insult to a normal forum user.
Simple; insulting a member/mod/admin/your neighbors dog is not done. The subtle difference is when the mod in question is in a bad mood, he will not start throwing insults at you.

When I go to a club and the big over-muscled doorman stands in my way... I wont call him idiot. Just a matter of priorities. The party seems more fun than the test of his patience.

IRONCHEF wrote:

But as a tip, it would have been a better practice to simply give me the gnarly threat of being banned and why, instead of just yanking me for 72 hours.
Point taken. As stated above, we are only human.

@Serge
We had for a while.

Cheers,
R
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6741|Houston, TX
It's a forum for a video game. Who really cares....really.

Also, it is very simple to post with out trouble but, for some, they just can't seem to control themselves.

1. Use search.
2. Be mature
3. Don't be a dick.

Those three simple steps will keep you from having any issues in any forum.

As far as I am concerned I see the mods let thinks slide quite often. Be happy I'm not one or, I'm all about zero tolerance. Why? Because it takes integrity to be nice. It's easy to be a dick while you hide behind your keyboard. I promise, regardless of what anyone previously accused and banned for rude behavior says. Whatever they did, they wouldn't do it if they where in the same room with the people (from the thread)  having an actual verbal discussion.

So in closing. Again, it's a forum for a video game. Who really cares. Is it really that important. Wanna change the rules. Make your own forum. It's free. Got a problem with the rules. There are many other BF2 site to annoy. Did I mention it is a forum for a video game.

P.S. Freedom of speech does not apply here. Chuy decides what is and isn't. It's his site, not the government.

P.S.S. Incase I forgot to  mention. IT'S A FORUM FOR A VIDEO GAME. I say this because no person should get so worked up over any thread in this site. It's about a video game. I also think this Debate and Serious Talk section should be removed. Is just a nest for hatching hatred. It is a forum for a video game. There really is no place for serious talk. Just makes people dislike each other because of their opinions and, then spills over into other sections.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6769|d
I am glad some one such as cp was able to bring up this topic. I had many brushes with admins and mods, the most recent mod forgot how to use the pm system, : )).  Anyway i think that admins/mods are too "trigger -happy" to close threads, and "attack" normal forum members. Maybe because they was a difference in opinion or maybe admin/mod was just tight, i don't know. Admins/Mods need to analyze a situation from an out-siders perspective, instead of just jumping in and taking names.

Anyway bf2s needs to have a list of all Mods/Admins, this way, an admin call be called if a mod has made an inaccurate decision, or even to just inform people of who mods/admins are. Would make life a lot easier.

o and
BRING IKARTI BACK.
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6545|The Lost Highway
The mods here ain't all that bad. I think they go overboard every once in awhile, but bf2tracker.com has the lamest, most power hungry 14 year old mods in the world.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard