thuban
+2|6632
Despite having more incentives to play/work together in a squad (field upgrades, better information, bonus points)  people still don't work together in a squad and squad leader don't give order.  There's plenty of squad to join but rarely any of them have squad leader that give order or the squad move and work together.  There's been many time where before attacking a silo filled with enemies, I've repeatly asked the squad leader to give an attack order.  He doesn't, and we proceeded to rush in, I killed 4-5 guys and the field upgrade meter barely move at all.  If the squad leader had taken a few seconds to give an order to attack, I and every one else on the squad would've gotten double points and a new field upgrade.  It baffle me why squad leader don't give order or squad leader don't move together.

You guys are propbaly says why I don't just create own squad.  First I don't have any of the squad leader ugrade and second, people never seem to join my squad.  After about 5-10 minutes, no one or only one join and I find myself shopping for a squad.
HellGuard99
+2|6556
i dont have a squad leader unlock either, however i still make a squad, and THEN i get my friend to get on
after that, we wait for field upgrade, i get the spawn beacon, i rape the titan and plant spawn beacon while they defend our titan
Buzerk1
+44|6867
When I join a squad I don't expect the squad leader to give order, depending on where the squad leader his, I know what is the objectify and make sure I support the member of my squad.

I believe you are wrong in your statement, Since I have started to play BF2142 I have seen more team-play by people then what I have seen in BF2.

May be that's because I mostly played Titan mod where people naturally play as a team to either defend your Titan or bring down the other Titan.

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2006-10-22 16:26:20)

Zukabazuka
+23|6716
I still see noobs trying to go solo and it always end up bad, every squad I joined have barely had any teamwork or attacking the Titan. Meanwhile me and a friend who play togheter when we can and we always come on the top best squad in our team and we are only 2 people. People havn't realised that teamwork give a lot more points than going solo. People don't bother to attack titan when the shield just went down, because that's when you have biggest chance of taking those consoles out.

Yeah noobs are still around in this game and only want to play for themself and its not fun to meet 5 people in a enemy Titan while being an Engineer.
dubbs
+105|6663|Lexington, KY
thuban, there may also be a chance that the squad leader is using a different VoIP system, and is giving orders on it.  I also know that BF2 engine has it's own VoIP functions, but it uses a lot of bandwidth, and some servers disable it to reduce lag.

I know that in BF2 (I know it is not the same game), I will start a squad with a few members of my clan, and we communicate via Vent.  So, any pub that does not join our Vent server, does not know what we are doing.  It is a lot easier to press a button, and say attack point A, I am heading to point B to defend it.  Or half of the squad take path A, the other path B and we will meet at the flag.

Coming from just a BF2 view point, I know that the game has very limited commands.  The attack/defend this flag, and move here is not enough.  If you have a very close game, you would want to flank the enemy flags and not all just run in via the same spot.  As stated above, this may require that you divide your squad for a short period of time as you attack a flag.
Entertayner
+826|6602

Because most people are nubs to this game, they'll get the hang of it.. In time.
GR34
+215|6576|ALBERTA> CANADA
get a clan they work to geather quite well
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6793|Internet!
Yes, but the problem with orders is... You don't get field upgrades if a squadleader doesn't set the order.

He's not complaining that he doesn't know what the objective is, he's complaining that nobody gives orders to gather field upgrades.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6687|Brisbane, Australia

Friends. Get friends and play with them

Never ever play BF2/142 Alone.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6806|EUR
I agree with you totally. The number one problem with this game is the public
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6794

And don't forget the extra 1pt for every kill if you are within an order radius. You'd think that would be enough incentive to set orders everywhere you go. I guess a lot of people really aren't aware of this new feature or anything.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6499
Yeah, same here. I mean sometimes I get a squad that gets me more field upgrades than I am allowed to have but most of the time they alll go off on their own thing which causes me to go off on my own thing and then it is like my n00b months of BF2 all over again.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6859|Australia
i make a squad, and tell people who jin what the deal is. If the squad leader wont give orders, tell the squad, your making another were you'll give orders and if followed you will get higher scores.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6751|California

Claymores.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6794

Question... what does the squad leader get if his troops follow his orders? I remember from the beta there was a different message but can't remember anymore.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6617|Montreal

GotMex? wrote:

And don't forget the extra 1pt for every kill if you are within an order radius. You'd think that would be enough incentive to set orders everywhere you go. I guess a lot of people really aren't aware of this new feature or anything.
Wow yeah i just got the game a few days ago and I had no idea about that
Hallvard
+262|6553|North Norway

hmm... when I start a squad it usually fill up fast :S
or if I'm not in the mood for squadleading I join different squads untill I find one where the sl know how to give attack and defend orders
zeidmaan
+234|6446|Vienna

As a SL you get "Squad Leader Success points". Most people dodnt know that they can issue orders via Com Chanell and they cant be bothered to open up the squad screen and do it from there. Noobs I tell ya
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6680|Hong Kong
Where is the meter for the field upgrades?
syz303
+0|6759
top left corner
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6580|Southeastern USA

Buzerk1 wrote:

When I join a squad I don't expect the squad leader to give order, depending on where the squad leader his, I know what is the objectify and make sure I support the member of my squad.

I believe you are wrong in your statement, Since I have started to play BF2142 I have seen more team-play by people then what I have seen in BF2.

May be that's because I mostly played Titan mod where people naturally play as a team to either defend your Titan or bring down the other Titan.
I think what he was getting at was the fact that you earn points faster for kills within a command radius (attack/defend/move here commands) as opposed to solo kills, i was commanding the other day and putting down command orders where i saw my squads clustered. Then one of the squad leaders whined "don't give orders if you see us already attacking a silo, it's annoying". Once I explained that he would get more points, his story changed, but he was the only one so far to listen. The last 5 rounds i played i kept telling my squad leader to give us a command and told him why and he never did.
Blazeoneoneo
+0|6650|Scotland
Is there any difference between a SL placing an order and completing it or the Commander giving the SL an order and it being (accepted and) completed?

I would have imagined that EA would have made folowing the commenders wishes more point worthy....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard