GR34
+215|6545|ALBERTA> CANADA
latley iam bored of bf2 and i dont have the 2142 beta s i think iam going to go pick up a copy of oblivion. I just wanted to know if its a good game? or should waight and get 1 of the newer games. such as joint task force or both of thease game.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR IMPUT IN ADVANCE
GR34
+215|6545|ALBERTA> CANADA
ok fine just ignore me then
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6695|Vancouver BC Canada
Meh, I though it was ok, the whole single player thing bores me. Great graphics though.

Lotsa mods for it.
JohnnyBlanco
+44|6571|England
Yes, very rewarding game if you put in the hours. Lovely gfx aswell, worth the money.
oberst_enzian
+234|6743|melb.au
i really loved oblivion - if you've got a pc that can put up with it it;s awesome. but then... i got rather bored because its fantasy, and i just couldn't ignore the fact that i am just not into elves and shit. really immersive game though. how open and detailed the world is is amazing.
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
Yea the freeroam thing is pretty kick ass.
TinMaN
+5|6448|Kansas City, KS, USA
its awesome if you like rpgs, one of the best that i've ever played.  just make sure your hardware is up to date.  and after you get bored with hacking things up, you can mod the shit out of it, but even that gets boring after a while.  nothing like a good ole online shooter for replayability!
plastic_budgie
+114|6751|England : East Yorkshire

oberst_enzian wrote:

i really loved oblivion - if you've got a pc that can put up with it it;s awesome. but then... i got rather bored because its fantasy, and i just couldn't ignore the fact that i am just not into elves and shit. really immersive game though. how open and detailed the world is is amazing.
play it stoned and thoese elves seem normal.
Knifey McStabstab
Don't lock my topic!
+32|6509|Indiana
one word...hellyes.
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child

TinMaN wrote:

its awesome if you like rpgs, one of the best that i've ever played.  just make sure your hardware is up to date.  and after you get bored with hacking things up, you can mod the shit out of it, but even that gets boring after a while.  nothing like a good ole online shooter for replayability!
Anyone ever play Gunz?

FREE fast paced third person shooter.

Just stay away from the Korean style players, you will know them when you see them.

www.gunzonline.com
shyuechou
+5|6639|Singapore
It's definitely worth playing. I loved it.

Well, if you want a distraction, I would recommend Titan Quest over Oblivion. It's great fun.
download it and buy company of heroes
EarlOfBronze
A Wolf Among Lambs
+19|6521

ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ wrote:

download it and buy company of heroes
Oblivion is good, but Company of Heroes??? FUCK NO!
Murphy <s18>
+8|6652|51st State
My fiancee seems to enjoy it, i had a look when she was playing and was impressed with the graphics, didnt really get a chance to play it for myself though
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6519|Adelaide, South Australia

buyit, buyit, buyit, buyit, buyit, buyit, buyit, buyit, buyit, buyit, buyit, buyit, buyit, buyit, buyit.
Arkhon
FullMetalHead
+20|6500|Canberra, Australia
worth the money if you have a computer that can play it and have even a slight interest in RPGs
null_o2
+7|6446|Perth, West Australia
yes, it is a good game I got hundreds of hours worth of play time out of it
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6546
Oblivion is awesome if your computer can handle it. Yes i've played GunZ and the lag in it is horrible because pings aren't regulated at all.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6719|Las Vegas
I skipped out on 3 months of BF2 because of Oblivion.  Great game if you are into RPG at all.  Have not played any other RPG though so I have no idea how it compares to others.  Do yourself a favor and get the Prima Guide though, I would have been completely lost without some of the charts and tips in there....

Graphics are unbelievable at high settings!
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child

shyuechou wrote:

It's definitely worth playing. I loved it.

Well, if you want a distraction, I would recommend Titan Quest over Oblivion. It's great fun.
Took your advice, DLed a demo, had to buy it.

Warning: Requires quite a rig. My laptop will run BF2 at like 50FPS but Titan quest is always around 25
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard