Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6697|Germany
This is what FFLINK13 and I got out of the claymore.tweak-file,actual data on the claymore's trigger- and blast-radius and ranges.

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/FFLink13/radius1.jpg

Claymores have a trigger which reacts and detonates the claymore when an object(soldier,vehicle) engages the claymore from the front and advances to a 7 meter distance(edge of blue triangle).

The target has to move atleast with a speed of 0.1 meters/second(that's what I guess from the victinMinSpeed line) to trigger the claymore.

The trigger angle is 30° wide(blue triangle),the blast angle is 45° wide(red triangle) and both are directed exactly away from the front of the claymore(this side towards enemy,you know).

The blast has an effective killing range of 15 meters (the big red triangle!) and delivers 200 points of damage.

The detection distance for a friendly unit(the distance where a red skull shows up) is 10 meters,so you have a 3 meters safety zone(7 meters= trigger zone!!!)!
I'm not sure though if it detects it in a full 10 meter circle or only inside the (extended) trigger radius.

The claymore is armed 3 seconds after placing it.

The claymore will disappear 30 seconds after the sniper is killed.

Special thanks to FFLink13 for making the picture with BF2Editor(I guess...).

Btw,I've just posted this as a new thread so it gets a slot in the featured posts section without all the clutter of posts like in the original thread.

Requesting sticky!

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-09-03 11:24:48)

Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6645|Ohio
Woohoo! Claymores explained! Now you need to figure out how to disarm them without dying.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6697|Germany
Still,there remains the question about this line of code: ObjectTemplate.detonation.triggerVictimMinSpeed 0.1

Is it actually possible to crawl slower than 0.1(meters/second (?)) and crawl over claymores that way?

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-09-02 21:38:17)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
Tapping the W key really erm..lightly and fast? Or nudging the Joystick forward very lightly? (Whilst prone and using Ironsights)

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2006-09-02 15:41:47)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
to disarm just get your ass behind them as an engineer and "repair" them.
MECtallica
+73|6504|jalalabad
Tapping the W key really erm..lightly and fast? Or nudging the Joystick forward very lightly? (Whilst prone and using Ironsights)

anyone wanna test this out?

Last edited by MECtallica (2006-09-02 15:47:20)

Wheelchairdude
Leader of Cripples!
+8|6527|Rochester Minnesoata
ya anyone?
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6662|Groningen, The Netherlands

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

Woohoo! Claymores explained! Now you need to figure out how to disarm them without dying.
you hit it with a wrench
Furious=UKLF=
+12|6768|Over there
I can confirm, you can crawl over them! Try it, it works, only problem is when some dipshit of a teammate comes round with his PKM and shits the life out of you!!PAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHmmmm, 'oh sorry, thought you were them! you know, THEM!!!!
Raptor1
+19|6488
yes, i know them
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6523|Little blue planet, milky way

Furious=UKLF= wrote:

I can confirm, you can crawl over them! Try it, it works, only problem is when some dipshit of a teammate comes round with his PKM and shits the life out of you!!PAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHmmmm, 'oh sorry, thought you were them! you know, THEM!!!!
With or without ironsights ? Ie: can I crawl at "normal" speed, or do I need to zoom my gun and THEN crawl ?
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6655
If you see a claymore in front of you...just request a medic.

*This only works if there are medics actually doing their job*

The medic comes running *BOOM* claymore dissarmed!

If you have time...or feel like it...pick up the medic kit and revive your claymore disarmer...or just say "Hey, Thanks."
APortillo
+21|6513|California, USA

MastersMom wrote:

If you see a claymore in front of you...just request a medic.

*This only works if there are medics actually doing their job*

The medic comes running *BOOM* claymore dissarmed!

If you have time...or feel like it...pick up the medic kit and revive your claymore disarmer...or just say "Hey, Thanks."
Lmao
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

why was there a mystery in the first place? equip and click
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6627|Los Angeles, California, US.

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

You grab a Wrench, Go Prone, And "Crawl" up to it, Even if the sensors are Staring right at you, It works for me, I've never died when trying to DisArm a Claymore.
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
You guys need to find something better to do with your time.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6846
event:(claymore

}

trigger:(spotted

}

{

effect:(BAM

}

event:(-claymore
Defiance
+438|6671

m3thod wrote:

We can't.

BF2 sucks ass, not enough people play POE yet (there are a few good games, but most servers are emtpy) and this is the internets!
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6697|Germany

stryyker wrote:

why was there a mystery in the first place? equip and click
There wasn't any mystery,just exaggerated posts from claymore whiners ->https://img1.putfile.com/thumb/9/24419221019.jpg ,who claimed that the claymores detonate when you are like 50 meters away and that there wouldn't be any way to avoid them....

Now this data clears up some of said bullshit.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-09-02 21:14:25)

MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6655

m3thod wrote:

Sadly, this IS the "something better" to do with my time. 
TuataraDude
+115|6522|Aotearoa

MECtallica wrote:

Yes this works. Or I got lucky, but I have managed to creep over the top of one without it going off.
FoShizzle
Howdah Lysozyme
+21|6627|Pittsburgh, PA

MECtallica wrote:

I do several times a day...never worked for me.  any movement once I see the claymore and the claymore sees me=death.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

The further away you are from something that explodes, the safer you are.  Didn't know that, thanks.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
7 meters? That longer then I thought. I thought it was 15ft (5 meters). I think it was like 4 meters in 1.12 or maybe that's because in 1.12 people didn't abuse them.
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6536|Carlsbad, CA, USA

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

7 meters? That longer then I thought. I thought it was 15ft (5 meters). I think it was like 4 meters in 1.12 or maybe that's because in 1.12 people didn't abuse them.
abuse? oh you meant use, i see.  DORK!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard