IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6707
This thread is for Suggestions or problems with the BF2S.com Rankings.
Please keep all posts about this in this thread. Read this thread before suggesting changes, more than likely someone already asked the same question. You probably will not get an answer if it has already been addressed.

Common Questions and Answers
------------------------------------------
Why am I not in the Rankings?
There are only 3 possible reasons you are not in the rankings.
1. You have not played on that account in a while Or have not checked your stats here recently.
2. Your stats have only been recently added to the database(last 2 days) on BF2S.com.
3. You do not meet the minimum requirements to be apart of that rank. IE. Not enough points or time played.

Why are BF2S.com Rankings different from other sites and BFHQ?
You have to be in the BF2S database(for 2 days or more) to be in the ranking system.
So if the player has never been looked up here or has not played in a while the player will not be in the rankings.

More questions soon to come.
And remember double posting is a crime. Please use the edit button to make consecutive suggestions.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Would be nice to see a ranking for Teamwork

Thanks for the outlet for suggestions
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
Player search.

Thanks for all you guys do.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6817|-
Amount of heals to revives ratio. The higher the ratio the better medic you are. The lower the ratio the bigger medic point whore you are.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6512|Texas - Bigger than France
Per Kit Pts/Min.  I'm not sure if you can get it "exact" but the idea:

Medic - (Kills + Heals + Revives + (Fluff) - (Fluff)) / Medic Time
Support - (Kills + Resupplies + (Fluff) - (Fluff)) / Medic Time

The "Fluff" of course would be Cap points, team damage, road kills, kill assists, vehicle kills, etc - Items which you probably have to put aside because the data doesn't come that way.

Of course, you can do all the kits and have the "Fluff/min" on its own.
KtotheIMMY
+513|6733

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Amount of heals to revives ratio. The higher the ratio the better medic you are. The lower the ratio the bigger medic point whore you are.
Ditto
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

People seem to run away from Med Packs as if they were enemy claymores...

Last edited by Jenspm (2006-07-17 12:43:13)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6692|Indianapolis, IN

Pug wrote:

The "Fluff" of course would be Cap points, team damage, road kills, kill assists, vehicle kills, etc - Items which you probably have to put aside because the data doesn't come that way.

Why even add the fluff in the first place if you imediately subtract it?

And why support over medic time?

Last edited by The_Mob_Returns (2006-07-17 14:15:18)

Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6512|Texas - Bigger than France

The_Mob_Returns wrote:

Pug wrote:

Why even add the fluff in the first place if you imediately subtract it?

And why support over medic time?
That's positive Fluff - Cap Points, Team Damage, Kill assists, etc

And negative Fluff - teamkills, vehicle damage, etc

What I'm getting at is the "Fluff" you probably can't get the info to be segregated by kit from EA.

As far as "Medic" time goes - it's a typo, but you knew that already.
Ir0n-M@n
has the greatest stats on earth
+125|6714|Germany
What about a "best round"-ranking for every map? would be interesting to see who is better than me on Sharqi... You might leave Strike at Karkand out, because there is hardly anyone who has no "padded" 200+-best round there (damn knife-servers -.-)

thx
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6520|CH/BR - in UK

actually...commander on a good team...
R4YM3
+1|6461
1. You have not played on that account in a while Or have not checked your stats here recently.
i check everyday
2. Your stats have only been recently added to the database(last 2 days) on BF2S.com.
It's added more than a month ago
3. You do not meet the minimum requirements to be apart of that rank. IE. Not enough points or time played.
That's impossible people with low rank and less time are in the ranking. :S

pleaseee help
myacc R4YM3
Bozaloshtsh
Не пытай
+39|6477|51:33:24N 01:47:03W
What help do you require?  Just posting the list again is pointless.

http://bf2s.com/player/72776203/

R4YM3

You are number 120,752 in the Accuracy Ranking table:

http://www.bf2s.com/rankings/accuracy/2416

Now your stats are nothing shout about (and neither are mine),  but at the very least do some work for yourself. 

If your looking for your ranking in 'Global Score' table then hazard a guess at where score 8851 would fall in that table. There are 6277 pages, I hazard a guess its gonna be around the 4000 page mark - so I look, scores around 8545 - so I need to go a little further down, lets say 50 pages - page 3950, thats a little better with 8762 - lets try page 3925 - well that getting closer, but we've gone a little to high...  we try page 3929 and voila there you are in position 196,405 with a Global Score of 8851.

This information above is only correct for 23Jul2006 by the way - the tables are updated every day.

I hope this assists you R4YM3
cospengle
+140|6457|Armidale, NSW, Australia

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Would be nice to see a ranking for Teamwork

Thanks for the outlet for suggestions
Yeah. I agree, but I'd really like a teamwork:global ratio ranking. To see how much of a team player you are overall. But maybe subtract the revive scores so as not to encourage medic point whores (like me).

Or repairs/minute or resupply/minute... you get the idea.
Windrider_Melb
Pwned so often there's an IPO.
+29|6475|Melbourne, Australia
How about CURRENT or RECENT rankings of WLR, SPM and KDR? People improve. The most recent 50 playing hours is a better indicator of someones current performance.

\\'
RyansRangers
+2|6500

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Yeah, right. You know how many people dont care when wounded and will just keep fighting. Its rediculous! That stat wont prove anything. I think it would be cool if there was a stat that showed what players u play with the most though.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

RyansRangers wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Yeah, right. You know how many people dont care when wounded and will just keep fighting. Its rediculous! That stat wont prove anything. I think it would be cool if there was a stat that showed what players u play with the most though.
No, it wouldn't. People generally die before I can get it to them, I just have to spam instead.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ManOnTheMoon
+0|6567
How about a Top Gun Ranking for the aviators, i dont know some thing like KDR in a plane combined with number of kills and time spent in a plane.  You could do some thing similar for the helo too, and even a Tank commander ranking based on the same principle.

E.g. Top Gun Score = (Kills^KDR) x time. highest score wins (would be a big number im betting)

Just a thought, hope you like it chuy.
bedolf57
+20|6684|Metz, France
how about a infantry KDR ranking? just to know how i suck

Last edited by bedolf57 (2006-08-28 07:50:13)

HenrikVarg
+0|6416|Arendal, Norway
The requirement for "Far East Service Ribbon" is wrong. There is not enough to play only one second on each map, just look at my player: http://www.bf2s.com/player/76537493/
BF2 says that the requirement is "Time in service" and "Time in Theater".
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6619|Washington DC

HenrikVarg wrote:

The requirement for "Far East Service Ribbon" is wrong. There is not enough to play only one second on each map, just look at my player: http://www.bf2s.com/player/76537493/
TBH, it is a mystery ... we know that every map has to be played, but it appears that a player also has to have a minimum amount of time played in the theater (somewhere in the range of 5-10 hours).  The bottom line is that you just need to keep playing in the theater, and it will eventually show up.
HenrikVarg
+0|6416|Arendal, Norway

OrangeHound wrote:

HenrikVarg wrote:

TBH, it is a mystery ... we know that every map has to be played, but it appears that a player also has to have a minimum amount of time played in the theater (somewhere in the range of 5-10 hours).  The bottom line is that you just need to keep playing in the theater, and it will eventually show up.
At this moment I have exceeded 10 hours in the PLA Theater, and have still not gotten the Ribbon. On a side note: What is the difference between "Army" and "Theater" on the stats-page?
R4YM3
+1|6461
Hej!

i don't mean the global score but the knife score sorry i forgot to say that:(
but thanks for looking!!

only i am still on rank 0, but if i am correct the rank should be 204.
If you please can fix that you really make me happy!

thnx

R4YM3

Last edited by R4YM3 (2006-09-03 16:41:51)

Sa¢ripan
+12|6710|St-Dié/ Lorraine/ France

bedolf57 wrote:

how about a infantry KDR ranking?
i second that
trés bonne suggestion GROS!!
an_agent
+0|6567|austin
What about reducing the time req. to show up in the knife KDR rank?  In over 370 hrs. of time I've only had my knife out 23 mins because I use it how it was intended.  It's only out long enough to kill the guy with his back to me.  Someone who plays on a K&P server will get in the ranking after a few rounds, but at my rate I'll need to play a couple more years

An infantry kill to armor kill ratio would be interesting too (armor whore gauge).  Something like:
Inf-Armor Ratio = (infantry kills - armor kills)/(infantry kills + armor kills)
-1 would mean you have only killed in armor, +1 would be only infantry kills, 0 would both evenly.

Thanks for the great work!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard