UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5034|Massachusetts, USA

War Man wrote:

Why the fuck are the marines using the xm25 in this? Then again, why isn't the xm25 called the m25, the army is removing the "x" after all.

Edit: And I can't seem to connect to a game on the xbox 360 beta.
Yeah, and what the fuck is up with those ejection ports. They're on the wrong side of the gun again.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6711|Purplicious Wisconsin
I have no idea about the ejection ports as I can't seem to join a server for some odd reason. Even if I could, I wouldn't give a fuck about ejection ports.

Last edited by War Man (2013-10-04 21:10:06)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6220|Escea

The_Guardsman wrote:

I don't seem to be feeling the lag like others and am finding it jolly good fun. The main building in the middle going down is rather entertaining. Just a shame that they don't have Commander mode active.
I last played it on the 3rd, and didn't suffer any lag. Though that was Domination mode without vehicles, so that might be it. But it ran just fine then.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6443|The Land of Scott Walker

Extra Medium wrote:

No, fuck off.  The Battlefield series is the penultimate example of a publisher selling out a series for money instead of what made made it great.

BF1942 and BF2 had a dedicated following of people who played it regularly for years.  A lot of people played it exclusively.

BF3 did and BF4 will have people play it for a few months until the next flashy FPS comes along and forget about it.

There is a valid reason for that.
Totally agree.  I'm not touching BF4 for the first 3 months.  Likely going to be barely playable like BF3 on release.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4193|Oklahoma

Stingray24 wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

No, fuck off.  The Battlefield series is the penultimate example of a publisher selling out a series for money instead of what made made it great.

BF1942 and BF2 had a dedicated following of people who played it regularly for years.  A lot of people played it exclusively.

BF3 did and BF4 will have people play it for a few months until the next flashy FPS comes along and forget about it.

There is a valid reason for that.
Totally agree.  I'm not touching BF4 for the first 3 months.  Likely going to be barely playable like BF3 on release.
I'm not touching it at all.  I'll be damned if I give EA money they turn around and use to shit on their own franchise.
War Man
Fucking game eventually locks up on me, I think it's the xbox 360 model with the builtin wi-fi, fucking thing overheats too fast compared to the old xbox.

The beta is decent, I like the idea of certain objective points completely changing if a building collapses near it, the weapon pickups for the more powerful weapons, the laser designator(nothing like making RPG's guided to 1-shot a scout helicopter), scout helis, some weapon attachments/vehicle upgrades for classes/vehicles already unlocked to make it a little noob friendly(an improvement over its predecessor which was a bitch for beginners), no more humvees as common jeep(we got MRAP's now), I can use a pistol while swimming(I hated the helpless feeling of getting shot by the enemy while in the water), diving underwater, and a few other things I can't remember.

Find it interesting that all classes can use Carbines and DMR's, also find it interesting that in order to unlock a new carbine/smg/rifle/etc. you have to use a weapon of the same classification to go further.

What I don't like is shitty control options for console versions(I'm not downloading origin, EA can suck it), still no ammo boxes or at least pickup ammo from enemy corpses because not everyone plays support and not every support player drops ammo their teammates, assault class players that don't drop medkits after a firefight, and still not enough destruction.

Last edited by War Man (2013-10-06 18:33:31)

Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6472|Foothills of S. Carolina

Ive played a few more rounds, and I do like the fact the the voice over cursing has been reduced. Its almost enough to make me pre order the game.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6321|Graz, Austria

War Man wrote:

still no ammo boxes
The classic ammo boxes (and medic boxes) are unlocks now.
You only start out with a small, one-use ammo pouch that only contains rounds for pistols and guns, but no grenades, rockets or other explosives.
Same goes for the small, one-use medic bag.
War Man
I'm talking about ammo crates that are part of the map and not dropped by support.

Last edited by War Man (2013-10-07 14:30:05)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6620|Little Bentcock

War Man wrote:

I'm talking about ammo crates that are part of the map and not dropped by support.
Why would they have those?
War Man

Adams_BJ wrote:

War Man wrote:

Why would they have those?
still no ammo boxes or at least pickup ammo from enemy corpses because not everyone plays support and not every support player drops ammo their teammates
They have health and vehicle regen for fucksake, anyway.
Adams_BJ
When as the last time BF had ammo and health crates as part of the map?
War Man

Adams_BJ wrote:

When as the last time BF had ammo and health crates as part of the map?
Bad Company 1 for ammo crates, no fucking clue for health crates but those aren't needed as there is health regen in this game.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5471|Ventura, California
I downloaded the Beta on my Xbox 360. I'm honestly not sure what to think of it at this point. The Beta is only, I think, three or four days old to us but the version they gave us is much older than the current version DICE has because of Microsoft restraints if FrankieOnPCin1080p is correct on the matter. So the game's issues we're currently dealing with may have already been fixed, but I'll mention a few things I noticed.

I'm still trying to figure out the leaning system. Apparently when near a wall you hold the left trigger to aim and it automatically leans you, but it only works half the time for me. If I use the feature when crouched behind something it pops me above cover just enough to fire which I think is a great feature. I think Medal of Honor Warfighter have a really good leaning system as I could control exactly how much I wanted to lean and in which direction. It's a shame that game was so crummy as I feel it had potential but a few seemingly minor things were major issues to me and I couldn't deal with those issues.

The guns all seem pretty much the same. Sure they have somewhat different recoil patterns, damage, and rates of fire but I can't help feeling they seem quite similar and I don't like that. Each weapon in Battlefield 3 had a lot of [i]character[i/]. I'm not sure if that's the right word.

Am I the only one that feels that Battlefield just isn't "Battlefield" anymore? I think the beginning of that feeling was with Bad Company which while admittedly a great game didn't feel like BF1942 through BF2142 at all.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6321|Graz, Austria

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out the leaning system. Apparently when near a wall you hold the left trigger to aim and it automatically leans you, but it only works half the time for me.
On the PC, when you're hugging a wall close to a corner, your character leans a bit to the edge.
You can then press RMB to lean out.
With the strafe keys, as normal, you can adjust how far you'll lean out.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

If I use the feature when crouched behind something it pops me above cover just enough to fire which I think is a great feature.
I really like this feature as well.
Reminds me of the gunner seats in BF2's tanks and jeeps, where you could dodge.

However, it seems you need to be exactly beneath the edge to pop up, which is especially tricky behind some desks and shop counters, where you can actually crawl under them a little.

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Am I the only one that feels that Battlefield just isn't "Battlefield" anymore? I think the beginning of that feeling was with Bad Company which while admittedly a great game didn't feel like BF1942 through BF2142 at all.
Yes, of course.

Refractor 1 and 2 are pretty similar, so all the games up to BF2142 felt quite the same.
The Frostbite engines are quite different to Refractor, but I have already adapted to that.

What really made the Bad Company games much worse, was the silly reduction and removal of key Battlefield series features.
E.g. no prone, no jets, almost only linear maps and barely no new features and innovations.
The archetypal dumbed-down console game, from a time before the realized that they CAN actually make FPS games with the same features as on PC.

BF3 was already much better, but still lacked several things that made it a true sequel to BF2, especially commander mode and large squads.
They did add a lot of new and refined features though.
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Am I the only one that feels that Battlefield just isn't "Battlefield" anymore?
Agree.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6741|Reality
yep
bf3 has yet to make an appearance
bc3 (and now bc4) are just not the same.

Last edited by Stubbee (2013-10-08 15:30:42)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
GeoEnvi
+22|6684|Philadelphia, PA
Anyone recall how the reloading mechanics worked in previous BF games? I can't remember if you "lost" the remaining rounds in a magazine when reloading a partially expended mag.

In B4, I've been chewing through ammo a lot, and I think it's because of the nervous habit of constantly reloading while behind cover.  If I have a full 20 round SCAR mag and reload, it chambers one round (21 total) and tosses the rest.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Yeah from BF1942 through BF2142 you would drop your current magazine for a fresh one. I liked that system much more and it made reloading something to think about. The FPS games of today magically distribute all your ammo through the magazines so as soon as you kill an enemy you can just reload, I miss the aspect of having to decide whether reloading was necessary or not. I usually reloaded a 30 round mag once it dropped below 10 rounds.

Somebody mentioned the commander earlier. I'm glad it's coming back in Battlefield 4, although I have no information as to what that role does in this upcoming title. What I miss about previous Battlefields with commanders and squad leaders was their importance. Today squad leaders aren't important as you can simply spawn on anybody in your squad and the squad leader can only mark objectives as opposed to setting waypoints or other things on the "interactive" map.

Something I'd really like to see in every modern FPS game are classic weapons. It would be really nice to have a wooden stock AK47 with no accessories whatsoever in each FPS game. There's just something nice about the classics. Keep all the tacticool, but give me the option to run an AK47 or a basic old-fashioned 1911. Any other classic weapons you folks would like to see?
War Man
Wooden M14?
Adams_BJ
Japanese zero.
War Man

Adams_BJ wrote:

Japanese zero.
I'd rather have a P47 Thunderbolt, the A10's daddy.
Adams_BJ
Tsar Bomba
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
They have that, it's called the Carl Gustav in BC2.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2013-10-09 19:06:13)

GeoEnvi
+22|6684|Philadelphia, PA
I loved using the AK from BFBC2 Vietnam.  Had such a nice feel to it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard