Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
Trance - 8/10

The bit where the guys head exploded and he carried on talking was pretty cool, apart from that I didn't understand it.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

Anyone seen/recommend Oblivion?

I hear it has quite a lot of Mass Effect shout outs.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Main character has TIM's name.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4245
a sci-fi movie with tom cruise as the lead? with 'shout-outs' to mass effect?!?!? excuse me whilst i go and check the consistency of the paint in my garage.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
I didn't notice a single Mass Effect reference.

The film has lots of eye candy but there isn't much to it.

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

a sci-fi movie with tom cruise as the lead? with 'shout-outs' to mass effect?!?!? excuse me whilst i go and check the consistency of the paint in my garage.
hey i liked vanilla sky
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6488

Shawshank Redemption

https://i.imgur.com/esXGETI.jpg/10
HITNRUNXX
+220|6701|Oklahoma City
Finally watched the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still...

A 10 minute scene about how they need a super scientist to give the alien a shot to make him tell the truth... Then they make a big deal about how the woman will turn her back on science and be so unethical to do it.

Then they already have the serum prepared and she literally only has to poke the needle in his arm and be rushed out... A job any of the people in the room could have done to begin with.

That pretty much sums up the movie.

Also, I kinda agreed with the aliens. All the people should have been wiped out. They never really had a good reason not to. Lame.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

V for Vendetta is a boring movie.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6623|Finland

The Hobbit

4/10

My lack of spoiler tag use is intentional.

It's a movie about a bunch of dwarfs walking. Then running. Then fighting so that they can continue to walk instead of run. All fight scenes end up in that all hope is seemingly lost, then Gandalf suddenly appears and saves the day. Also, too many Disney-characters; the Gerard Depardieu-dwarf and birdshitface-wizard riding a bunnysled to name a few. Then the film ends when they're not even halfway to the place where they're going.

I need around tree fiddy.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Iron Man 3 6/10, maybe less.

Jumbled and uninteresting storyline, not enough Gwyneth Paltrow, but Starks lines were a bit less stupid and better delivered than in previous tries.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

DonFck wrote:

The Hobbit

4/10

My lack of spoiler tag use is intentional.

It's a movie about a bunch of dwarfs walking. Then running. Then fighting so that they can continue to walk instead of run. All fight scenes end up in that all hope is seemingly lost, then Gandalf suddenly appears and saves the day. Also, too many Disney-characters; the Gerard Depardieu-dwarf and birdshitface-wizard riding a bunnysled to name a few. Then the film ends when they're not even halfway to the place where they're going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKbyWSwd7hk
For the amount of dwarves in the movie, there was absolutely no characterisation at all. You just didn't care about them throughout the movie.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

I really like the fast and the furious movies. They are stupid yes but they are also pretty cool with big explosions and stuff. can't wait for the 6th.

give me more fast and furious please.
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.
it's fucking dire.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6676|United States of America
Finally got around to watching The Avengers. Meh. It certainly didn't help that you apparently were supposed to watch like 4 other movies for backstory when I'd only seen the Iron Man films. It's so upsetting that it overtook The Dark Knight for superhero movie gross. Everybody knows The Joker and what he does, but here I'm guessing as to the motives of these characters I've never heard of before. The big fight at the end felt very Modern Warfare 3-ish to me, and that's not a good thing.
jord
yeah that was dire as well
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

I don't remember MW3 taking place on air-scooters or it having a transdimensional anus in the sky. I think a lot of people watched it just to see Hulk punch Thor.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6466|Foothills of S. Carolina

Went to see GI Joe: Retaliation tonigt - 7.5/10 - Was a good action flick, a little to well scripted (very few action movies are not, these days), but all in all a good family style flick with very little that would make me unlikely to allow my 9 year old son to watch it.

Also rewatched Captain America tonight - 7/10 - the ending was sad, according to my wife.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

DesertFox- wrote:

Finally got around to watching The Avengers. Meh. It certainly didn't help that you apparently were supposed to watch like 4 other movies for backstory when I'd only seen the Iron Man films. It's so upsetting that it overtook The Dark Knight for superhero movie gross. Everybody knows The Joker and what he does, but here I'm guessing as to the motives of these characters I've never heard of before. The big fight at the end felt very Modern Warfare 3-ish to me, and that's not a good thing.
Ignorance isn't a badge to wear with pride.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6676|United States of America

Dilbert_X wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Ignorance isn't a badge to wear with pride.
Tell me with a straight face that Hawkeye and Thor have backstories are are as pervasively known as someone like Batman or Spider-Man.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Could you be bothered to watch Captain America before the Avengers?

Or did you expect all the back story of everything to be put on a plate for you in the first 5 minutes?
jord
it was dire.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6182|Roma
shut up Jord! Dont insult anything to do with Iron Man.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6672|Disaster Free Zone

6/10

Not as good as 1 or 2, but decent enough.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4245
smultronstället - 8/10
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4245

PrivateVendetta wrote:

shut up Jord! Dont insult anything to do with Iron Man.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard