Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6116|eXtreme to the maX
All the cop had to say was "I suspect you of XYZ" and he would have been in the clear to take the gun, arrest the guy on suspicion etc, but no - he wanted the guy to bow to his authority and do what he was told. He was being a dick.

I haven't had a cop look up by bum, no.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5368|London, England
https://reason.com/assets/mc/_external/2013_04/cd58935009bf968bd4b2765d66935bb3.jpg
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4265
such a great point omg
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4206|Oklahoma

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

But yeah, I can't wait to shoot someone.
I laughed out loud so hard I had to log in to +1 you.

Goodbye until the next bout of boredom.
https://i.imgur.com/7Iwe5C6.jpg?1
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5989|Blue Mountain State
Well, I already got my fix of shooting people.

10/10 Highly recommended. Even got a paycheck for it.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6669|BC, Canada
csbs up in hurr.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

5-year-old shoots 2-year-old sister in Kentucky

I don't know which one the "trained" kid was "playing with" while the mom who knew he was "playing" with it stepped outside, but here's the brightly-colored, attractive lineup marketed for children:

Examples -

https://www.crickett.com/images/ksa399.jpg
https://www.crickett.com/images/ksa297.jpg
https://www.crickett.com/images/ksa276.jpg

pew pew pew pew *boom*

wtf america

Anyway, the whole story stinks of bullshit. Either they're lying about the kid being properly trained or the kid is being framed by his own parent.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6485|Foothills of S. Carolina

So lets blame the manufacturer who makes a rifle that is sized for a kid, that seems like a good idea. Forget holding the parents accountable and keeping the firearms out of reach when adult supervision is not present....

It shouldnt be wtf america, it should be wtf were the parents thinking. If the way of life in the rural areas of Kentucky is for young kids to learn to shoot, hunt, and fish then I see no issue with children being able to use a firearm. The issue here isn't that the 5 year old had access or even that he knew how to use it. The issue should be that the gun was not properly stored and the 5 year old had unsupervised access to it.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5596

We should turn rural Kentucky into suburbs and force the poor rural people to live in government housing if they can't afford to live in a newly built suburban complex.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6485|Foothills of S. Carolina

Macbeth wrote:

We should turn rural Kentucky into suburbs and force the poor rural people to live in government housing if they can't afford to live in a newly built suburban complex.
WTF does that have to do with this thread?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5596

Nothing. I'm just saying what I think about the rural South.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6633|Little Bentcock

Canin wrote:

So lets blame the manufacturer who makes a rifle that is sized for a kid, that seems like a good idea. Forget holding the parents accountable and keeping the firearms out of reach when adult supervision is not present....

It shouldnt be wtf america, it should be wtf were the parents thinking. If the way of life in the rural areas of Kentucky is for young kids to learn to shoot, hunt, and fish then I see no issue with children being able to use a firearm. The issue here isn't that the 5 year old had access or even that he knew how to use it. The issue should be that the gun was not properly stored and the 5 year old had unsupervised access to it.
Nothing against taking kids out shooting, its a good past time, just lock the damn things up when you're done.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6747|Oxferd Ohire
have you even been to kentucky
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

Canin wrote:

On either side of the brightly colored gun pics on my previous post is criticism of the parents. But making kid-sized rifles that look like tasty lollipops is just fucking twisted, so I'm going to mock this pee-wee manufacturer just as much.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4265

Canin wrote:

no, it should be "wtf were the companies thinking". some people are stupid. many parents are irresponsible. however making kiddie-sized rifles, or stupid multicoloured 'accessories' that make a gun look like a toy... is sinister and manipulative. there is no need for those products to exist. it is literally marketing a lethal weapon and trying to make it desirable to someone who, really, shouldn't have any interest in it.

i swear 40 years ago kids would play with replica, toy, plastic guns. nowadays they play with real guns that are made to look like they are plastic toys. the toy companies started giving over their profit to the real gun companies - you see, it's just so much more lucrative when you get a 'customer for life' snagged at age 8. and that is all this is about: making this 'gun culture' seem normative to people from a very young age. give a kid a toyish looking gun when they're 8, you can bet they'll still be giving you money when they're 25.

https://762precision.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/pink-digital-ar-15-springfield-1911-a.jpg
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6700|Tampa Bay Florida
TIL according to reddit pink used to be a masculine color and blue used to be a feminine color.  AMA
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

Aaaaand cricket.com (the sherbert guns-are-toys people) is down for maintenance. I wonder if they'll go back up again.
13rin
+977|6490

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

No, no no... That the camo scheme for cqc in a barbie factory.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4265

13rin wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

but the gun companies shouldn't take responsibility for making accessories or weapon-kits that appeal to children, right? "freedom", and all that.

what utter tosh. these companies want to sell guns to young kids for the same reason mcdonalds want to entice youngsters with happy meals. it's basic business #101: people are creatures of habit, people don't like change; acquire a customer from a young age, and they will tend to keep coming back.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

I think each gun mfg should have its own animal mascot and cartoon commercials. Learn from the cigarette companies, fools!
13rin
+977|6490

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

13rin wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

but the gun companies shouldn't take responsibility for making accessories or weapon-kits that appeal to children, right? "freedom", and all that.

what utter tosh. these companies want to sell guns to young kids for the same reason mcdonalds want to entice youngsters with happy meals. it's basic business #101: people are creatures of habit, people don't like change; acquire a customer from a young age, and they will tend to keep coming back.
heh...
Apologies, I typed that a bit too quick and had to hunker in at work... But, I was poking fun at that camo color as it being a setup for a soldier should he/she find themselves involved in combat in a barbie factory.

I don't see anything wrong with making a product that appeals to the ladies.  I'm not too sure that firearms companies are targeting the youth.  I submit to you that it is the culture and media that glamorize weapons.  Look at hollywood movies, cartoons, video games, toy guns (water/nerf/laser/paintball/airsoft/cap/disc).

What really going on with the children though.... Indoctrination from the hard left through the liberally skewed public education machine has instilled and cultivated generations to be fearful of firearms and loathe the Second Amendment.  The false ideology they are taught is largely unchallenged but when it is.... If memory serves correct a student was recently arrested for wearing a t-shirt to school that depicted a picture of an AR along with the verbiage "I support the 2nd amendment"...  Another child was suspended because the teacher thought he bit his poptart into the shape of a gun.  Yet, another was disciplined because he had little green army men atop his cupcakes.  It is sheer lunacy.  When I went through school, it wasn't like that.  Young men had rifles on gun racks in their pickup trucks in High school parking lots.  We didn't freak out when johnny dressed up like an army man and brought a cap gun on Halloween to a school event.  Our schools weren't labeled as gun free zones.  We also didn't have these kinds of spree shootings. 

I can't even begin to get stared about the potus that wants to confiscate all firearms, and has the DOJ wrapped up in a scandal caught authorizing straw man purchases for running guns into mexico, and killing US agents.   Damn, I'm jumping gears so I'll shaddup now.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4265
right. so the problem isn't kids being given guns at a young age. it's a "left wing conspiracy" to make kids be "fearful" of guns. perverse reasoning.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6762|Toronto, ON
Why do we need guns?  Blah blah civil liberties blah.  The constitution is like a million years old now.  So fucking backwards that these "patriots" are still defending a "right" that is obviously outdated and only meant for its period.
Alpha as fuck.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4265

Nyte wrote:

Why do we need guns?  Blah blah civil liberties blah.  The constitution is like a million years old now.  So fucking backwards that these "patriots" are still defending a "right" that is obviously outdated and only meant for its period.
didn't you call me a "liberal anti-capitalist jew" or something when i criticized america's conservative madness the other week?
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6762|Toronto, ON

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Nyte wrote:

didn't you call me a "liberal anti-capitalist jew" or something when i criticized america's conservative madness the other week?
No.
Alpha as fuck.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard