'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6192|Escea

Maybe they'll give the LB rocket pods.

Rocket pods are now available, sir!
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5934|London, England

thats the scariest avatar ive ever seen rik
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6623

TopHat01 wrote:

What FOV does everyone play at?  I've maxed mine out to 90, and now I can't play at 70 without it feeling really weird.  I guess it's a good thing - I love 90 FOV.
Same here. If, for the sake of maximizing FPS, I had to choose between having that FOV versus having slightly higher graphics settings, I would chose the FOV at 90. The extra peripheral vision is something that you don't appreciate until it's gone.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't use something close to 90 - even if it looks off because you aren't used to it, you get used to it quickly. Then again, there are people who refuse to change over from using their arrow keys to move around.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Low FOV makes my eyes hurt.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
finished all the random pre-reqs for the new assignments (just the kills left to get) so here's a quick how-to;

F2K

50 Squad Rez - easy, just play as a fucking squad unlike 99% of the morons that play BF3

25 kills w/ underslung shottie. Not sure if this is just for the M26 or if it includes the 40mm also, but the MASS is still good as a stand-alone shotgun, so just play like you normally would

PKP

25 gaymore kills. you can do this grinding on metro, but it's (much quicker) on TDM canals. drop two at a time at the end of a blind corner, wait for someone to lemming into you. rinse repeat, carry shotgun to mop up anyone that survives (hitreg can be fucking awful with claymores)

25 vehicle kills w/ C4. this only ticks over per actual vehicle asploded, not number of people in the vehicle. Good way to boost this quick is playing as US on Caspian CQ (48 or 64 works best). camp just outside the ruskie base on the road leading from there to E - lots of rocks to hide in, lots of shady bits to drop C4 on. You can also snag the easy destruction by C4'ing a vehicle if the enemy ditches, as long as you C4 it before it burns out, it counts.

L96

50 sqd MAV spots. this one is very very easy. MAV functions identical to a TUGs when it's not actively controlled, so drop it above or below B flag on metro, or fly it to somewhere inaccessible on a TDM map and leave it.

350m headshot. If you enjoy actually sniping (along with presumably sticking your dick in a garlic crusher) play Oman or Firestorm, wait for some spastic to climb one of the cranes and shoot him. Or be a manly man, accept sniping like that is fucking dumb and just boost it with a fellow internet friend.

SCAR-H

20 Mine kills. Caspian again, this might take a while because of FUCKING MINES ARE FUCKING SHIT but basically mine both entrances to hilltop flag, the road between E and checkpoint, and outside the russian spawn. set your minimap to maximum zoom-out so you can watch which ones explode. I found it best placing them in little triangles of 3, with just 2 sometimes a tank would only clip the 2nd resulting in a disable.

5 Air vehicle kills with SMAW/RPG/Jav. Davamand rush is decent for this, the littlebird and z11 generally fly pretty low and slow. Failing that just bully some recon into convincing him his life is fucking worthless, and he can get some slight redemption by soflaming for you on demand.

then you only have to look forward to 100 kills per weapon (do the first set of premium assignments first, otherwise none of this shit even counts) and another 1700 to get the really amazing cool thanks for spending your art time on this DICE you bunch of fucking dicks camos

enjoy
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

FatherTed wrote:

better if you like vehicles i guess, the maps are generally worse designed for infantry though. 400ish hours in, not even halfway to what i was in bc2

it's worth the $40 for sure, it's still a good game - but don't try and compare it to BF2
yeah, but personally I think the vehicle play in BF3 is a little lacking.  More fun and intensive than BC2 but obviously not as great as BF2.  I agree, the maps are way worse than BC2, although some maps in BC2 were a bit too large for infantry (as opposed to BF3 having maps too small).

I'll probably jump on BF3 this weekend, I think I have you as a friend.  Lets play!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
sounds good. yeah, the vehicles (aside from weirdly the jets, because they're too weak) take almost no practice to be fine in, whereas it took hours to be competent in an attack heli in bf2.

although without slagging bc2 too much, the lack of the massive amount of customisation probably made tank on tank combat better in bc2, same with no health regen. it did suffer from having too few vehicles and no jets though.

yeh ill be on late sat and sunday probably, try and grab dennis and jords too.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Frank Reynolds
+65|4298
mines need to die in fire fucking damn assignments
What are you looking at dicknose
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
i seriously fucking hate mines. i doubt i ever got over 50 kills in bf2. but yeah, just play half a day of 48-64 caspian, plenty of morons. if you could shoot it to det it like you could in bc2 it would be much easier (in bf3 it counts towards the weapon you shot it with)
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6628|BC, Canada
use them on caspian. plenty of morons running around in growlers and jeeps not looking for them. also, the corners on bazar.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire

-Whiteroom- wrote:

what teds said
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6628|BC, Canada
plus a little, dickface.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6628|BC, Canada
loving the m417, reminds me of playing the AK-47 on single shot in bf2.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
yeh its good. not sure if i like the vertical recoil over a flash supp sks.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6628|BC, Canada
The large clip makes up for that.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
BF4 WHOOP WHOOP

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/7/1 … igin-store

WHOOP WHOOP BF4

whoop whoop
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
(not really)
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

hoax
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5720|شمال
EA/DICE are literally shitting BF games right naow
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
dat round

https://i45.tinypic.com/20pbmma.jpg
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5934|London, England

Roc18 wrote:

dat round

your trophy is in the mail
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Metro, Best weapon: M67 GRENADE, 51
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

jsnipy wrote:

Metro, Best weapon: M67 GRENADE, 51
Yes J, I know a round only counts as good to you if it's not on metro using the worst gun in the game and no grenades.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

haha, its not even that, but yeah its that
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
i wish i could sit next to an ammo box and throw a grenade ):
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard