FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6403|'Murka

m3thod wrote:

2143 is the year they travel back to dinosaur times in Terra Nova.

Next DLC: Dinosaurs!

That T-Rex was srs, yo.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Roc18
`
+655|5783|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

FEOS wrote:

m3thod wrote:

That T-Rex was srs, yo.
They should make a Jurassic DLC lol. Something similar to Turok

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/86/Turok-dinosaur_hunter_n64_cover.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
I think animals of any sort other than flies/dead fish/dead cattle/humans would be an interesting addition to any war-time fps. It would make the game more immersive and give greater depth to the world. Squirrels, cats, dogs, chickens, goats, sheep, oxen, pigs, crows, pigeons, eagles, hawks, rats (o wait), you get the idea. Basic animals that live near where these battles are taking place.
gurdeep
­
+812|4747|proll­y
uhibro
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

Roc18 wrote:

FEOS wrote:

m3thod wrote:

That T-Rex was srs, yo.

remember having the worst flu of my life when i played that
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6316|Graz, Austria

jsnipy wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

FEOS wrote:

That T-Rex was srs, yo.

remember having the worst flu of my life when i played that
Turok gave you a flu?
You should have disinfected that N64 controller, I guess.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

Another game to spend $60 on, and not be able to play since? CHECK!

But I had a medical addiction to Titan mode. If they could LEARN from every mistake they've made with the BF franchise, and pour those years of knowledge into a game... based in the future... the ice age future... with mech suits... and strange hybrid helicopter/jet/velociraptors, then I will believe.

Speaking of 2142, does anyone still play it?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

FEOS wrote:

m3thod wrote:

That T-Rex was srs, yo.
'Nobody move a muscle.'
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685

stryyker wrote:

Another game to spend $60 on, and not be able to play since? CHECK!

But I had a medical addiction to Titan mode. If they could LEARN from every mistake they've made with the BF franchise, and pour those years of knowledge into a game... based in the future... the ice age future... with mech suits... and strange hybrid helicopter/jet/velociraptors, then I will believe.

Speaking of 2142, does anyone still play it?
Last time I checked there were very few servers running.

e: and there's no support for 1920X1080.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2011-12-19 07:33:41)

legionair
back to i-life
+336|6616|EU

I didn't play 2142 and not going for 2143 if it ever comes out. Somehow I am not willing to be their donator for every title they make, I could buy Special Forces though.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262
I think '2143' would more likely be released as a 1943 style small arcade release, or even BF3 addon than a full sized game.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6381|New York
I really loved 2142 too. After getting assraped by jets and choppas more times than I could count in BF2, it was nice to be able to keep in the action for more than 30 seconds before being killed. I had a lot of fun with it and spent a lot of time in vanilla and Northern Strike.

Not sure if I'm so eager to spring for this one though. I've got too many Steam games that I haven't even installed yet, and have barely started Skryim (not to mention the time to be wasted on GT5).
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

I liked 2142 as well. In hindsight though it was uber buggy.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5466|Ventura, California
I've only played BF2, BF2142, BC2, and BF3. Out of those four Battlefield titles I enjoyed playing BF2142 the most.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Roc18
`
+655|5783|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
2142 was amazing. Funny thing is BF3's and BC2;s core infantry gameplay feel similar to 2142's core infantry gameplay. Can't move around as fluidly as in BF2 guns are point and click, maps aren't as large as BF2 because of no jets etc.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
how was it amazing? what is it with people being weirdly masochistically satisfied with sequels being straight, obvious downgrades? 2142 was bf2 simplified in every single way possible.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum

Roc18 wrote:

2142 was amazing. Funny thing is BF3's and BC2;s core infantry gameplay feel similar to 2142's core infantry gameplay. Can't move around as fluidly as in BF2 guns are point and click, maps aren't as large as BF2 because of no jets etc.
except they handle entirely differently, and you couldn't just point and click. and the maps were massive

aside from that the rest of your post is fine
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6381|New York

Uzique wrote:

how was it amazing? what is it with people being weirdly masochistically satisfied with sequels being straight, obvious downgrades? 2142 was bf2 simplified in every single way possible.
Twas but an opinion. He's entitled to think it's amazing just like you're entitled to think it sucks. What is it with people weirdly criticizing other people because their opinions differ?

I happened to like it quite a bit too.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.
titan, walkers, hover tank, invisible suit for recon, mines that follow a vehicle, gunships that were only good in the right hands

maps werent too bad either.

looking back it was a lot better than bc2,bf3
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6456|cuntshitlake

jord wrote:

titan, walkers, hover tank, invisible suit for recon, mines that follow a vehicle, gunships that were only good in the right hands

surely but i was the successor to bf2 at that time and, well, bf2 was infinitely better.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
GeoEnvi
+22|6679|Philadelphia, PA

jord wrote:

mines that follow a vehicle
I forgot about those!  Way cool. 

I used to leave little piles of mines alongside vehicle chokepoints and amongst the stacks of boxes near the silo flags.  When watching as a hover tank approached, I got a little giddy sense of satisfaction watching the death globes slowly track their target and move in for the kill.  BOOOOM!  Another great use was to litter the top of the enemy titan flight deck force field shield with boom balls.   As soon as someone got in the Doragon or Talon, those little babies would jump to attention and hover until the aircraft passed through the shield, then chase the heli down off the titan.  Out of sight, BOOOOM!

Another favorite was the Otus UAV.  A full squad with a friendly Otus was like having a legal wallhack.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5466|Ventura, California
hahaha yeah damn that game was a win!

I remember those mine balls, I loved them because you could hide them behind a lamp post or something and they'd chase you down when you drove by.

Tank, walker, APC, and gunship combat were all way better than their counterparts in BF2 minus the walker.

A lot more team oriented features in BF2142 as well, such as the field upgrades for following squad orders.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
gurdeep
­
+812|4747|proll­y

Roc18 wrote:

>2142
>amazing

pick one

i did play like 350 hrs of it which is way more than ive played any other fps besides bf2
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

because of the balls that would chase you?
gurdeep
­
+812|4747|proll­y

jord wrote:

agreed. krylov was the shit btw

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard