DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6456|cuntshitlake

Roc18 wrote:

Chardee MacDennis wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

I think it should be removed all together. It's a noob scope.
At least you upload your own pics and don't copy the same exact URL when using my pics like androo did.
yeah because that's your pic. it was you that first made it.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Didn't you read the image name?
roc3.jpg

Case closed.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6382
played yesterday on PS3, they nerfed the shit out of it, basically worthless now
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6616|EU

the only thing which needs to be nerfed is a fucking flashlight, you can fight a man having IRNV scope added, but you are completely blind when an asshole with a flashlight is burning your eyes.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5677|SQUID
IDK what everyones getting buttmad about, it's changed but not so it's useless, I think it's still very powerful.
GeoEnvi
+22|6679|Philadelphia, PA

Minion wrote:

Well maybe what they should do is take the time to correctly give certain things more or less of a heat signature than the body of an enemy.
FWIW, that's how it appeared to work for me on the PS3 during initial trial last night.  Initial blur when ADS, then took a couple seconds to adjust to the background.  Final result, a slight haze instead of full clarity.

Reminded me of the opposite effect that's witnessed in the CO-OP Fire In the Sky, when you switch from IR targeting back to regular.  Bright light takes a few seconds to adjust to...
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6279|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Up next:
DICE turns the Tac-light into a night-light?!
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5466|Ventura, California

pyscofrawg wrote:

Calling that a nerf is an understatement, the thing looks completely useless now.
Yeah now it's unusable garbage.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6660

legionair wrote:

the only thing which needs to be nerfed is a fucking flashlight, you can fight a man having IRNV scope added, but you are completely blind when an asshole with a flashlight is burning your eyes.
Funny you should mention that.  I went and bought a lowly 3W tactical light (even had the rail mount).   Even at 30 feet indoors with plenty of light, it does seriously blind, and left me and my son with a "looking at the sun" effect on our eyes for a good 30 minutes after not even a quarter second of getting flashed in the eyes.  Not weak like your usual flashlight.  Considering military grade, excluding daylight, BF3 tactical lights seems to work as they should.

Next test.  How far away, at noon, will it start to blind.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

The A W S M F O X wrote:

IDK what everyones getting buttmad about, it's changed but not so it's useless, I think it's still very powerful.
You can't even see the enemy in that video bro, wth are you talking about?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

FloppY_ wrote:

Up next:
DICE turns the Tac-light into a night-light?!
oh, did you finally get BF3?
Flawless
Rage
+7|4648|North Carolina

-Sh1fty- wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

The're multiple videos on YouTube showing that it is still useful. You have to wait a few seconds for it to clear up.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5677|SQUID

-Sh1fty- wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

I've been actually using it.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

john you should play it on pc.

the game is wasted on ps3 for someone with skills such as yours.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Oh did it change on console already? I'll give it a go on my 360. I usually have the ACOG equipped though, since it's x4 better
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5677|SQUID

AussieReaper wrote:

john you should play it on pc.

the game is wasted on ps3 for someone with skills such as yours.
I do but I have a PS3 at home so I obviously play that more.
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

globefish23 wrote:

I have a hunch that the whole infrared system is botched from the ground up, with player signatures always being much more visible than anything else.

They need to increase the current IR signatures and add many missing more, e.g. vehicle engines and exhaust etc.
AFAIK, the latter don't exist in the game at all.

If a tank drives by, it should radiate heat and have trail of hot exhaust gases behind it, effectively covering infantry nearby.
More so for heli engines and especially jet engines.
to mention the rocket spam against a building would make hotspots all over it.
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6200
I cant shoot without the IR scope lol... half the time i dont see enemy players with just the holographic. Might turn shadows and detail down a bit tbh.
Tripulaci0n
+14|6149
YES!!!!

I hated the IRNV because it was so good but I refused to use it.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5029|Massachusetts, USA
There was nothing "good" about it. It just made the game easy, like an arcade game.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Tripulaci0n
+14|6149
Yeah, that's what I mean
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5029|Massachusetts, USA
Sorta referring to twoblackfag over there.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

twoblacklines wrote:

I cant shoot without the IR scope lol.
srs? Also, 'twoblacklines' referring to a sniper cross hairs?
Kez
+778|5696|London, UK
I never used it anyway so it's all good
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6382

Ilocano wrote:

legionair wrote:

Funny you should mention that.  I went and bought a lowly 3W tactical light (even had the rail mount).   Even at 30 feet indoors with plenty of light, it does seriously blind, and left me and my son with a "looking at the sun" effect on our eyes for a good 30 minutes after not even a quarter second of getting flashed in the eyes.  Not weak like your usual flashlight.  Considering military grade, excluding daylight, BF3 tactical lights seems to work as they should.

Next test.  How far away, at noon, will it start to blind.
Yes, good lights are blinding. In real life they also light up the area a lot, which in the game they don't. They would give away position much more if they were on all the time like they are in the game. Crazy bright when pointed at you, not so bright when pointed at the ground or wall. Im referring to low light situations like indoor.

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2011-12-02 08:57:56)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard