Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black

mtb0minime wrote:

Finray wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

That's lag. Really annoying.
No it's not, it's the flight ceiling.
Nah brah, it's the lag. If you go over the flight ceiling your plane slows down and stalls. You can still fly around within the proper flight range and experience shaking and crashing sounds. It's the lag. It's been discovered and noted by a lot of people.
Yes, just getting the noise is lag. Getting the loss of control that he described is the flight ceiling.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I think most of those changes sound pretty good. Not so sure about increasing the damage that tank shells do to other tanks though. I think the damage they do is fine.

~4 shots from the front, ~3 from the side, ~2 from the back (not sure the exact details). It works pretty well I think.

The problem is the ultra fast repair tool that can repair about 80% of a tank before having to cool down (for about 2 seconds). It's pretty overpowered.
https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/Mystline18/23432423.jpg

Did you just say a repair tool is OP? lol
Flawless
Rage
+7|4626|North Carolina
Five attempts to join a server due to crashing isn't a big deal from dices point of view apparently.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6576|Greenwood, IN

Jimbob23 wrote:

Five attempts to join a server due to crashing isn't a big deal from dices point of view apparently.
The real question is whether or not DICE was forced to release BF3 in October.  I wonder what would have happened if they had an extra 2 or 3 weeks for the beta.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Finray wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Finray wrote:

No it's not, it's the flight ceiling.
Nah brah, it's the lag. If you go over the flight ceiling your plane slows down and stalls. You can still fly around within the proper flight range and experience shaking and crashing sounds. It's the lag. It's been discovered and noted by a lot of people.
Yes, just getting the noise is lag. Getting the loss of control that he described is the flight ceiling.
Note that when I responded I only quoted the "breaking something" noise part of the post and not the loss of control.

PWNED!!!! GOOD GAME NOOB!!!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Naturn wrote:

Jimbob23 wrote:

The real question is whether or not DICE was forced to release BF3 in October.  I wonder what would have happened if they had an extra 2 or 3 weeks for the beta.
I think they would've needed an extra 3 or 4 months of development time.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6576|Greenwood, IN

mtb0minime wrote:

Naturn wrote:

Jimbob23 wrote:

I think they would've needed an extra 3 or 4 months of development time.
I could have lived with that.  3 or 4 months is not all that long.  But, I guess EA wants to compete with Activision and their COD series.  I mean BF3 is not a horrible game but they could have done better on the PC end at least.  My only hopes is they smooth the game out and put a bit more care into the PC version.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black
Probably would have had more sales if they'd waited a couple months, lots of people only buy one game a month at most, or can't spare £80 in the same week for 2 games.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6576|Greenwood, IN
One of the things I think could have been done different is the weapons.  Have army standard weapons only but allow you to unlock optics for those weapons.  I think there are way too many unlocks in the game allowing people to compensate for their lack of skill.(Point and click spraying.)  They should also work on the burst mode for weapons.  I find that that you can't rapid burst when you happen to get into CQC with the enemy.  It almost stalls out.  I don't know if i'm correct on this but doesn't the burst mode on the M16A4 have a faster RPM than the full auto M16A3?(Real Life)

Edit: Got M16 versions mixed.

Last edited by Naturn (2011-12-01 17:16:15)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Honestly think the stock irons on the AEK is better than all the scopes with the possible exception of the IRNV (for obvious reasons). Quick scope in, clear, easy to use.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Chardee MacDennis wrote:

i think so many people go into the IT/computer/whatever field now the talent pool is diluted with dipshits
Nah, it's because they let in the liberal arts folks, writers, artists, and designers into the MP gaming industry.  All these "Apple" folks who put form over function.
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
>You were disconnected from EA online
>Try to rejoin server 1 second later
>In join queue for 5 mins before i can rejoin

Fuck you DICE
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6799|Grapevine, TX
I want my own fucking sandbox to play in, like BF2!
Why the fuck is this not an option in BF3??

"Failed to connect: Something went wrong"
Fuck you DICE
Commie Killer
+192|6357
It feels like 2006 and 7 again. I'm called stupid and bad at the game for voicing opinions. Yay.

Still doesn't change the fact that one of the major reasons MW manages to sell so much is they manage to release a game without major bugs or balance issues. Who gives a shit if your repacking a game as long as it plays well. That said. Flying feels like shit in this game. 400knots or w/e should not be your top speed. I don't understand how DICE can just ignore the stressful parts of their previous games only to add in newer shit.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
no balance issues?
ahahaa
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

Roc18 wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I think most of those changes sound pretty good. Not so sure about increasing the damage that tank shells do to other tanks though. I think the damage they do is fine.

~4 shots from the front, ~3 from the side, ~2 from the back (not sure the exact details). It works pretty well I think.

The problem is the ultra fast repair tool that can repair about 80% of a tank before having to cool down (for about 2 seconds). It's pretty overpowered.

Did you just say a repair tool is OP? lol
If it can repair faster than I can shoot it. Chances are its to fast.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441

Ilocano wrote:

Chardee MacDennis wrote:

i think so many people go into the IT/computer/whatever field now the talent pool is diluted with dipshits
Nah, it's because they let in the liberal arts folks, writers, artists, and designers into the MP gaming industry.  All these "Apple" folks who put form over function.
is this some sort of joke? i don't think the people that write today's computer games even graduated english in high-school

also pretty funny that you say writers and artists put form over function. someone hasn't been keeping up with art.

don't quit the day job.

btw i'm better than you and know more about multiplayer games than you ever will. you can't learn skill or knowledge from a textbook like an asian.

Last edited by Uzique (2011-12-01 18:33:05)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6642|UK
he is asian lol
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Ilocano = filipino subset
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Ay nucko, poontaginah!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

These Karkand maps better be good. One of the major things holding the game back is a lack of good sized maps with room for creativity and strategy. DICE has said they want all their post-release material to be on par with the quality of the Vietnam expansion for BC2, which I happened to like and gave BC2 some more playtime for me. Hopefully they can handle the pressure (something I'm not holding my breath for), if this first expansion fails, who's gonna pay for anymore in the future, especially when a lot of us are getting a free trial of sorts.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6576|Greenwood, IN
Just got finished playing a round where the enemy chopper gunner when 64 and 3.  Took to long to lock on with the stinger and when I do he deployed his flares.  Waited till after fares have been deployed then wait for lockon.  By the time I did have a lock on he was just out of range of the missile.  So how are infantry AA weapons OP again?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6642|UK
Shout at your jet pilots for not dealing with any air threats.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Flawless
Rage
+7|4626|North Carolina

Naturn wrote:

Just got finished playing a round where the enemy chopper gunner when 64 and 3.  Took to long to lock on with the stinger and when I do he deployed his flares.  Waited till after fares have been deployed then wait for lockon.  By the time I did have a lock on he was just out of range of the missile.  So how are infantry AA weapons OP again?
Because every one can equip stingers.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
but not everyone will
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard