Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6164|New Austin, Not
Leveling up in this game is now officially beginning to piss me off

Time to take a break and try out B-spec.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

The B-Spec driver I've been most successful with so far is semi hot, has good breaking and cornering skills as well as a high mental strenght ... he can drive nearly without any guidance and that's pretty useful when you have other "shores" to do

Got my "1000 ticket" yesterday and got a boring Yaris

That ticket is being rewarded for either completing 100 races or 2000km in A-Spec whatever comes first ...

Bought myself an Audi R8 Quattro and tuned the hell out of it, this is a seriously great car ... 800+ bhp, corners like a dream and outruns anything so far, will be using that to finish the last 3 A-Spec races before I unlock the Extreme events ...

Stats pr date:
A-Spec 19
B-Spec 15
82 Cars
3700km combined
iA License
Finished Beginner & Amateur
1 race to go in Pro
2 races to go in Expert
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Varegg
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

If you have a FB account you can win a Jaguar XJ13 old race car ... visit this site and follow the instructions, it's kinda lame but you get a free car when completed

You have to do it 4 times for 100% completion, if you have troubles follow this guide on gtplanet ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6625

Rohirm wrote:

Leveling up in this game is now officially beginning to piss me off

Time to take a break and try out B-spec.
this.
Varegg
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

Tip of the day: Do you want a Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car that costs 20.000.000 credits for your birthday?

https://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/248616_S/Gran-Turismo-5-Gets-New-Cars-Modes-and--Karts.jpg

Some easy steps to get this car.

1. Make a new PSN account
2. When you connect that account to PSN it's important that you set the birthday to today and the year to 1967(if you want the Ferrari)
3. The email address you use can be fake, so can the address etc etc ... it will not be validated anyway ...
4. Befriend the new account with your main account.
5. Once the two accounts are friends you start up GT5 on your new account.
6. After all the initial start up messages are done you will receive a birthday ticket login bonus.
7. Do not open the ticket yet.
8. Go to items and select the ticket, press triangle and choose "give to friend"
9. You will get a notice that the gift is sent.
10. Close the game, change user to your main account and start the game.
11. Go to the community section and you will see you have received a gift, open the ticket and it will soon show up in the car exchange, the place where your price cars turn up ...
12. Cross your fingers and hope it's the Ferrari, it may of course be another random car from 1967
13. If you didn't get the Ferrari you can always try again ...
14. If there is another car you fancy you simply look for what year it is and use that rather than 1967
15. Good luck

16. PS: You will of course get a birthday ticket on your main account also on your actual birthday
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6748|Scotland

Varegg wrote:

Tip of the day: Do you want a Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car that costs 20.000.000 credits for your birthday?

http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/248616_S … -Karts.jpg

2. When you connect that account to PSN it's important that you set the birthday to today and the year to 1967(if you want the Ferrari)
3. The email address you use can be fake, so can the address etc etc ... it will not be validated anyway ...
6. After all the initial start up messages are done you will receive a birthday ticket login bonus.
8. Go to items and select the ticket, press triangle and choose "give to friend"
11. Go to the community section and you will see you have received a gift, open the ticket and it will soon show up in the car exchange, the place where your price cars turn up ...
12. Cross your fingers and hope it's the Ferrari, it may of course be another random car from 1967
14. If there is another car you fancy you simply look for what year it is and use that rather than 1967
15. Good luck

16. PS: You will of course get a birthday ticket on your main account also on your actual birthday
So basically you can get any car you want? Nice.
Varegg
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

^^ Basically yes ... what the ticket does is award you with a random car from the birthyear listed ...

A little update to the initial post:
*You may gift the ticket as described, you can also open the ticket and get the car in the "dummy" account and gift the car to your main.

*In addition to this you can also exploit this even further, after you have gifted either the ticket or the car you can delete your save game on the dummy account and do it again and again and again ... as many times as you possibly can within that very day ...

*You can't change the birthday on the account so if you wan't several cars from different years you need to make several dummy accounts ...

Exploit or cheat? ... maybe both but still you have to do the races to complete the game, I merely see this exploit as a way to avoid the tireless grinding to afford the more exspensive cars ...
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5746|Roma
So is it a buy or no buy?
I'm getting mixed reviews and opinions from sites and people.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
GR34
+215|6537|ALBERTA> CANADA

Varegg wrote:

http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/248616_S … -Karts.jpg

15. Good luck

can you sell the car for the 20mill? and upgrade your other cars?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6278|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

aerodynamic wrote:

I'm guessing that people who didn't bite on the hype-train are the ones liking it, while those hyped to believe it would be the racing game to end all racing games are dissapointed...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

aerodynamic wrote:

If liked previous GT's then why not? It is it the end all be all of all racing games? Of course not.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5746|Roma

jsnipy wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

If liked previous GT's then why not? It is it the end all be all of all racing games? Of course not.
yeah i tried at a friends house and i have to say the driving mechanic works for me.
I'm def gonna buy, also coz i have the Logitech Gran turismo wheel.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

got it also, honestly what game isnt over hyped
FloppY_
­

jsnipy wrote:

indie?
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

FloppY_ wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

indie?
true, they don't usually have the opportunity to be.
FloppY_
­
I just found this, and I thought it was pretty funny ^^
https://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9197/index2q.jpg
Varegg
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

GR34 wrote:

can you sell the car for the 20mill? and upgrade your other cars?
Nope ... some cars can't be sold apparently and this is one of them, and if you could have sold it I doubt you would have gotten 20 mill ... I find this limitation strange but it may be because of the birthday-exploit perhaps ...
Varegg
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

FloppY_ wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

I'm guessing that people who didn't bite on the hype-train are the ones liking it, while those hyped to believe it would be the racing game to end all racing games are dissapointed...
If you take into account the amount of $ pr hour of fun ratio and the fact that if you like racing games GT5 is one of the best ... some like GT5 the best, some like Forza3 better, and most like both

Whoever said GT5 would be the game to end all racing games are just plain stupid ... GT6 will be that game cause it will have hover-cars with freaking lasers
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262
So from what I can tell, the Top Gear involvement is just the track. And you race incredibly bad VW vans around it. And if you go 2 meters off course you hit an invisible wall.

This to me is the biggest wasted opportunity I've ever seen.

I'd buy GT5 just so I could do the 'Star in a resonably priced car' challenge. It would've been so easy to include it. They're already working with Top Gear to get the track right. So you choose one of the 3 reasonably priced cars, all assists are turned off to actually make it a challenge, and then it compares your times with the stars. I am yet to see a C'eed or Suziki Liana driving around the track on Youtube which leads me to believe they're not in the game.

They could even have updated it with each new episode and added a new Star's time to the leaderboard for you to try and beat.

And then when you just wanted to test drive a car you could drive around the whole airfield like they do, and then you could choose to set a time and then you'd race all the best cars and try and beat the Stig's times.

But no. From what I've seen you just get the track with the worst case of invisible walls i've ever seen. What a waste.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-12-06 09:33:56)

Varegg
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

^^ I agree with this and am equally disapointed, when they first included the TG test track it could have been so much more ... although you can race that track in time trial, the best time for each car is saved and you can compare with "the list" ... I'm sure that list is to be found online somewhere
bennisboy
+829|6639|Poundland

jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

Some Guy on Youtube wrote:

"The New Lamborghini LP550-4. It not just beats the Nissan GTR,it can carry it as well."
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5229|Cleveland, Ohio
played it a little more today....i still dont like it.  its been shown it is far from realistic as they claim and its not for the fun of driving.....its basically for gear heads.
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

I like it but there is plenty not to my liking ...

Collision should have been there from the beginning. To me avoiding damage is a factor in how much risk you take when you race, without it choices become less realistic. Disappointment so far.

The computer opponents still stay along an invisible rail, making no effort to avoid collision. Seems like it has been this way since the first Gran Turisimo game on the PlayStation 1.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6504|Gold Coast
Did a bit of the first license test bit.
Got bored and used the Zonda in arcade mode... took it up to 207 mph on one of the straights.

dat sound

Still have yet to go through the actual races.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard