AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

So what will happen with those beams of light?

https://img836.imageshack.us/img836/3549/0420090609090951thetribr.jpg

Hope the Mosque doesn't obscure them at all.

https://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8682/0420090609090951thetrib.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

You do know those haven't been on in years or are you just doing one of your off topic fail jokes?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England
I... don't get it.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Macbeth wrote:

You do know those haven't been on in years or are you just doing one of your off topic fail jokes?
I didn't know that. Why haven't they been on? Pretty bad memorial if thats the case.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

I'll put that down as fail joke.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

I'll put that down as fail joke.
Was I supposed to get the joke?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina

ATG wrote:

Oh?

Tell me, how do we deal with them then?

We saved them from getting slaughtered in Serbia and what was our thanks?

" dirka dirka, death to America "

http://ricketyclick.com/blog/wp-content … d-w480.jpg

fuck 'em.
Kill them all and let allah sort them out.
You do realize that Albanians are very different from Saudi Arabians, right?...
Turquoise
O Canada

Uzique wrote:

ATG wrote:

So, genocide is 100% wrong a 100% of the time?

Sorry. I disagree and I sleep well at night.
out of interest - when is genocide right?
Well, it depends on how you define genocide.  Some people would say that the dropping of nukes on Japan was genocide, but if it is defined that way, that would be a rare example of it being ok IMHO.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK

Turquoise wrote:

ATG wrote:

Oh?

Tell me, how do we deal with them then?

We saved them from getting slaughtered in Serbia and what was our thanks?

" dirka dirka, death to America "

http://ricketyclick.com/blog/wp-content … d-w480.jpg

fuck 'em.
Kill them all and let allah sort them out.
You do realize that Albanians are very different from Saudi Arabians, right?...
He has no idea Bush is revered as a hero in Albania.  ATG get a fucking clue, the albanian people worship your country.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6738055.stm

The rest of think think the Iraq war/American occupation is the biggest pile of bullshit we've ever had the misfortune to live through and now generally disregard the 'good' your country has ever done post 1945.

Last edited by m3thod (2010-08-16 14:42:36)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6714
Love is the answer
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5748|شمال

Catbox wrote:

The mosque site may be moved
http://dailycaller.com/2010/08/16/musli … ty-center/
the damn mooslims..
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5177|Sydney

Turquoise wrote:

Uzique wrote:

ATG wrote:

So, genocide is 100% wrong a 100% of the time?

Sorry. I disagree and I sleep well at night.
Well, it depends on how you define genocide.  Some people would say that the dropping of nukes on Japan was genocide, but if it is defined that way, that would be a rare example of it being ok IMHO.
Killing 150k civilians is "ok" to you?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

Jaekus wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Uzique wrote:

o god.

inb4 a million+ civilians would have died in a land invasion line.

Last edited by Macbeth (2010-08-16 14:52:50)

Jaekus
+957|5177|Sydney

Macbeth wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

o god.

I'm sure if it had been the other way around the US would have made it pretty well known how horrific it was. But seeing as they did it, it makes it alright, doesn't it?

Talk about irony.

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-08-16 15:00:24)

mikkel
+383|6599

Catbox wrote:

The mosque site may be moved
http://dailycaller.com/2010/08/16/musli … ty-center/
While I hope that this isn't true, it would be amusing to see how a good part of the "appeasement" crowd feel about being appeased in this manner after vociferously demanding it.
Turquoise
O Canada

Jaekus wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

o god.

I'm sure if it had been the other way around the US would have made it pretty well known how horrific it was. But seeing as they did it, it makes it alright, doesn't it?

Talk about irony.
Oh don't start with that shit.  If Australia was a superpower and we were a large island/continent with a small population instead, you would've been the ones to nuke the Japanese -- why?  Because it was the most pragmatic choice at the time.

Bombing the shit out of Germany killed a lot of people during WW2, but I don't hear people moaning about that.

Besides, we did kill far more Japanese with firebombs anyway.

Last edited by Turquoise (2010-08-16 17:47:44)

Roc18
`
+655|5789|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
It's just a fucking Mosque. This is getting blown way out of proportion by the media and shows just how oversensitive people are.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

My girlfriend had me watch this today, and while he's very articulate and I find myself nodding along, I still can't shake my belief that the Constitution is paramount and we can't tear it up piece by piece to placate people who are offended. Do I think it is in terrible taste? Absolutely. Do I think it should be moved elsewhere? Probably. But symbols only have power if you let them, and if this mosque fizzles instead of becoming a rallying point, it fails.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5177|Sydney

Turquoise wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

o god.

Talk about irony.
Oh don't start with that shit.  If Australia was a superpower and we were a large island/continent with a small population instead, you would've been the ones to nuke the Japanese -- why?  Because it was the most pragmatic choice at the time.

Bombing the shit out of Germany killed a lot of people during WW2, but I don't hear people moaning about that.

Besides, we did kill far more Japanese with firebombs anyway.
Where in that did I say killing 150k civilians is "ok"?

That's right, I didn't. You did though.

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-08-16 18:36:06)

Reciprocity
+721|6579|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Jaekus wrote:

It ended the war they started.  Yes, we all know how horrific it was, but war, in general, is pretty horrific.  What part of surrender did they not understand?  And as Turq pointed out, we could have firebombed those cities and achieved the same casualty success.  Those two wonderful bombs brought a special, needed clarity to the situation. 

we will never apologize for what we did.

on topic:

This mosque is to be built by ground zero, not on ground zero.  who cares?  Is a "few blocks" in all directions the official boundary for sacred sites?  They've already anointed ground zero in an endless mire of government beaurocracy.  What's more american than that?

Last edited by Reciprocity (2010-08-16 19:08:49)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Reciprocity wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

It ended the war they started.  Yes, we all know how horrific it was, but war, in general, is pretty horrific.  What part of surrender did they not understand?  And as Turq pointed out, we could have firebombed those cities and achieved the same casualty success.  Those two wonderful bombs brought a special, needed clarity to the situation. 

we will never apologize for what we did.
Indeed. Because of the HBO series "The Pacific", I just finished reading "Helmet For My Pillow" and "With the Old Breed". I dare anyone to read those books, books written through the eyes of two common infantrymen, and state that the shortest route to ending the war wasn't the correct route no matter what the cost.
-Frederick Bastiat
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6443|The Land of Scott Walker

JohnG@lt wrote:

My girlfriend had me watch this today, and while he's very articulate and I find myself nodding along, I still can't shake my belief that the Constitution is paramount and we can't tear it up piece by piece to placate people who are offended.
So which part of the Constitution gives a religious group the right to build their place of worship at the site of a national tragedy perpetrated by radicals of said religion?  Guess some would argue the establishment clause, but that's free exercise of religion which doesn't require a building.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX

Stingray24 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

My girlfriend had me watch this today, and while he's very articulate and I find myself nodding along, I still can't shake my belief that the Constitution is paramount and we can't tear it up piece by piece to placate people who are offended.
So which part of the Constitution gives a religious group the right to build their place of worship at the site of a national tragedy perpetrated by radicals of said religion?  Guess some would argue the establishment clause, but that's free exercise of religion which doesn't require a building.
What part of the constitution says they can't, or that someone can tell them they can't?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-08-16 19:06:06)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466

Stingray24 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Right next to the part where it says black people are three fifths as valuable as honkies.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6353

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Haven't you read the other thread?

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=139605
Just did, They move pretty fast it seems, I heard some one mention it. Now its on, How can I donate to its construction ?.

Ps. If some one told me a year ago I would be pumped to build a Gay Bar I would have been like HUH ? I don't think so. yet here I am.

Where's that pink sweater I saw in this closet...Hmm !
Do you live in New York City?
I Did, I was there for the Islamic cultural exchange on 9-11. I worked the site for 2 days - still own a Condo there if you know anyone who wants it ( asking around 1 or a tad less )

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard