Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6546|San Diego, CA, USA

The Daily Gut wrote:

So, the Muslim investors championing the construction of the new mosque near Ground Zero claim it's all about strengthening the relationship between the Muslim and non-Muslim world.

As an American, I believe they have every right to build the mosque - after all, if they buy the land and they follow the law - who can stop them?

Which is, why, in the spirit of outreach, I've decided to do the same thing.

I'm announcing tonight, that I am planning to build and open the first gay bar that caters not only to the west, but also Islamic gay men. To best express my sincere desire for dialogue, the bar will be situated next to the mosque Park51, in an available commercial space.

This is not a joke. I've already spoken to a number of investors, who have pledged their support in this bipartisan bid for understanding and tolerance.

As you know, the Muslim faith doesn't look kindly upon homosexuality, which is why I'm building this bar. It is an effort to break down barriers and reduce deadly homophobia in the Islamic world.

The goal, however, is not simply to open a typical gay bar, but one friendly to men of Islamic faith. An entire floor, for example, will feature non-alcoholic drinks, since booze is forbidden by the faith. The bar will be open all day and night, to accommodate men who would rather keep their sexuality under wraps - but still want to dance.

Bottom line: I hope that the mosque owners will be as open to the bar, as I am to the new mosque. After all, the belief driving them to open up their center near Ground Zero, is no different than mine.

My place, however, will have better music.

For investment information, contact me at dailygut.com
Source: http://www.dailygut.com/index.php?i=4696

Host of Fox News show Red Eye

---

Is this a tic-for-tac move as many see the Mosque built near the World Trade Center remains or is this an actual business opportunity to to cater to Islamic Gay men in Big Apple?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5257|foggy bottom
i think you mean tit for tat
Tu Stultus Es
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696
how can a gay bar be islamic friendly? do you realize how oxymoronic that sounds? it's like opening up an christian friendly abortion clinic.

Last edited by 13/f/taiwan (2010-08-09 22:05:17)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
Yes.  Thanks.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696
and to answer your question: yes, it is obviously a tit for tat move. why else would he publicly speak about it on national television and mention the mosque being built near ground zero...

and there are many gay bars all over the city. i'm sure if a homosexual 'muslim' wanted to go to one the alcohol wouldn't have stopped him from entering them.

Last edited by 13/f/taiwan (2010-08-09 22:13:00)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

13/f/taiwan wrote:

and to answer your question: yes, it is obviously a tit for tat move. why else would he publicly speak about it on national television and mention the mosque being built near ground zero...

and there are many gay bars all over the city. i'm sure if a homosexual 'muslim' wanted to go to one the alcohol wouldn't have stopped him from entering them.
https://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/e/ee/Lol_u_mad.jpg
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696
lol
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6682|United States of America
We all know the aforementioned structure is not a mosque; that's a given. I can't imagine the gay community looks too kindly on only embracing gays as a way to piss off the Muslims, though.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5257|foggy bottom
too much tic for tac
Tu Stultus Es
mikkel
+383|6599
Sounds like a fantastic idea. I'm certain that he'll enjoy a clientele of learned and sophisticated individuals.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5471|Ventura, California
I heard about this on the radio today. (AM 640)

Anyway, I would have posted it but I couldn't find any links to prove it.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Retaliatory Islamic gay bar? Self-defeating snipe.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

DesertFox- wrote:

We all know the aforementioned structure is not a mosque; that's a given. I can't imagine the gay community looks too kindly on only embracing gays as a way to piss off the Muslims, though.
If the bar has a good atmosphere and everything needed for a successful bar, I don't see why the gays would care if it's to piss the Muslims off or not so long as they're pleased.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found

-Sh1fty- wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

If the bar has a good atmosphere and everything needed for a successful bar, I don't see why the gays would care if it's to piss the Muslims off or not so long as they're pleased.
Don't they kill gays in the Mideast?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Harmor wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Except in Israel and Iraq now I guess.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Harmor wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

I think they stone them to death.

Anyway, this is the United States, so nobody will get stoned AFAIK. It's a gay bar among others, this one just has the awesomeness of pissing off the nearby Muslims.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6629|Finland

-Sh1fty- wrote:

this one just has the awesomeness of pissing off the nearby Muslims.
What's awesome about pissing off nearby Muslims?
I need around tree fiddy.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6487|Gogledd Cymru

Why do you think gay bars are awesome too shifty?

Harmor you really are dense if you think this is anything other than a publicity stunt to "one up" the damn "muslims".
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6321|Graz, Austria
I bet it'll piss off more Christian fundamentalists than nearby Muslims.
After all, this IS America.
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
From a business sense I can't see this turning a profit.

Especially when it gets blown up by angry muslims lololol
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

Surgeons wrote:

Harmor you really are dense if you think this is anything other than a publicity stunt to "one up" the damn "muslims".
Kinda like building a Mosque at ground zero ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6487|Gogledd Cymru

Has the mosque been built yet?

Regardless I doubt the investors made a big publicy statement saying they're building the mosque to show those pesky Americans!!
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6773|Moscow, Russia

jord wrote:

Especially when it gets blown up by angry muslims lololol
nutjobs blowing up nutjobs... no objections here, just build a fence around the place.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

Surgeons wrote:

Regardless I doubt the investors made a big publicy statement saying they're building the mosque to show those pesky Americans!!
Quite ... like that matters at all ... feelings are feelings, either you are a Muslim-hating American or a gay-hating Muslim ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6629|Finland

Varegg wrote:

Surgeons wrote:

Quite ... like that matters at all ... feelings are feelings, either you are a Muslim-hating American or a gay-hating Muslim ...
What about the inbred rednecks around the world who hate both evil mooslims and gayfags?
I need around tree fiddy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard