Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6125|So Cal
I got a BETA KEY Access by email... so I guess I don't need to buy it.
If somebody wants it let me know, I won't be using it.
Though, don't know if my key will work with any other EA nic name other than Graphic-J. But it's woth a try.
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
Christbane
+51|6234

War Man wrote:

Christbane wrote:

you have to pre order plus have bc 2 i think
No "or"? Don't know about you but I think it'd be retarded for non bc2 owners to not play beta when they pre-order.
yeah that didnt make a whole lot of sense.   I blame it on the paint fumes!  I think bc2 owners go to access it sooner then others after pre ordering it.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6779|Great Brown North

Uzique wrote:

it LITERALLY looks like a weak-mongrel crossbreed between BC2 and MW2

both of those games in their own right were... average-to-mediocre

this looks absolutely shameful.
it's all of the above
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6352|Troy, New York
I just got emailed a code by EA for the beta - I probably signed myself up for it 3 months ago and forgot about it or something (didn't preorder) at any rate I'll download it and give it a try and leave some impressions here.
That said, it looks absolutely shit.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6171|New Austin, Not

h4hagen wrote:

I just got emailed a code by EA for the beta - I probably signed myself up for it 3 months ago and forgot about it or something (didn't preorder) at any rate I'll download it and give it a try and leave some impressions here.
That said, it looks absolutely shit.
That's cause it is shit once you play it long enough. Its COD to the fucking letter most of the time.
The only thing even remotely worth playing would be the Combat Mission mode and even then, its just fucking Rush Mode from BFBC2.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5236|Cleveland, Ohio

Rohirm wrote:

its just fucking Rush Mode from BFBC2.
good.  my fav mode.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

11 Bravo wrote:

Rohirm wrote:

its just fucking Rush Mode from BFBC2.
good.  my fav mode.
mine too

but the game as is still sucks monkey balls
OmniDeath
~
+726|6643

Just tried it out. I didn't think it could be as bad as you guys made it sounds, but damn... it's pretty laughable at times. It really is a Modern Warfare mod for Bad Company. The blatant ripoff of Call of Duty is astounding.
Engineer_Fox
Has a horse outside
+48|5182|Hague City Firm - Holland
Aren't you all forgetting that the MP is build on the Frostbite Engine so it does look similar to BC, so think about that before you ramble on about that it looks like a ripoff or copy of MW2
OmniDeath
~
+726|6643

Engineer_Fox wrote:

Aren't you all forgetting that the MP is build on the Frostbite Engine so it does look similar to BC, so think about that before you ramble on about that it looks like a ripoff or copy of MW2
The engine has nothing to do with all the things they've ripped off from MW.
Engineer_Fox
Has a horse outside
+48|5182|Hague City Firm - Holland
You cannot call it a ripoff, you can't even call it inspired. All of Iraq/Afghanistan/Pakistan (M.E.) look the same. Same same armies are fighting in both games, same weapons, looks w.e.. But you don't inmediatly call it a ripoff. What are they gonna do else, have the Italians throw pizza's and shoot with soccerballs?? Both games visualize the same conflict but in their own way, that isn't a ripoff, it aint exactly original but again it's not like that during the day the've been building MoH and when they come home, play MW2 and say:'He I can use that in my game'.

It's like saying Forza Motorsport has been ripping off from Gran Turismo. What, they both have the GT40, both have an exactly the same track that in rl exists, you ripped us off Forza!. Nono, nuh uh.

I like the way EA Studios has made with the MoH series and trying to show off their hard work with the Unreal3 Engine, constructing the game around Military advisors that helped with MoH Allied Assault back in ´02. WHY they went with the Frostbite engine for MP, beats me (destructible codes inside the engine that the Unreal's don't have?)  BUt I'm really looking forward on what they have accomplish to build in the time from Airborne till 2010.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
engineer... have you actually seen the game?

the interface, the interactions, the graphic/engine style... everything is a straight hybrid of BC2 and MW2.

only it looks twice as bad.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6410|'Murka

I've played the beta for about 4 hrs now.

Looks like DF:BHD and MW2 had an illegitimate child.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6713|Purplicious Wisconsin
Damn it, I set my ea account age to under 18 4 years ago and forgot about it. Now I can't play the fucking beta unless I can change the settings.

Edit: Nope I'm fucked.

Last edited by War Man (2010-07-03 11:27:11)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

What makes me laugh is the way that everyone just mocks them and says 'They're copying Call of Duty'.

Well I don't know about anyone else, but..

http://www.gamershell.com/static/boxart … uk/487.jpg
yeah I know rite... but yea hope MOH turns out good..
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
the only plus is that the kill/point streak awards that they have arent over powered

they're deadly but only in a small focused area

the full auto m16 makes me lol

it out sniping the m24 makes me lol even harder

blademaster wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

What makes me laugh is the way that everyone just mocks them and says 'They're copying Call of Duty'.

Well I don't know about anyone else, but..

http://www.gamershell.com/static/boxart … uk/487.jpg
yeah I know rite... but yea hope MOH turns out good..
but it's not copying BF2

it's trying to sew bc2 and mw2 together into some retarded hybrid shit fest

Last edited by krazed (2010-07-03 11:54:41)

iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6545
Just realized I had a beta key in my inbox. Does it at least have Destruction 2.0?
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
War Man
'Course
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

War Man wrote:

'Course
no it damn well does not
War Man

krazed wrote:

War Man wrote:

'Course
no it damn well does not
What?! Has same engine though

Last edited by War Man (2010-07-03 18:05:07)

Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6719|Scotland
Rush is by far the worst worst worst game mode ever depicted.

Wtf... I hate defending. Wtf.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

War Man wrote:

krazed wrote:

War Man wrote:

'Course
no it damn well does not
What?! Has same engine though
the few breakable things have bugged hitboxes as well
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5749|شمال
This game is nice! I do miss the destructive environment though
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
pace51
Boom?
+194|5172|Markham, Ontario

Airwolf wrote:

Rush is by far the worst worst worst game mode ever depicted.

Wtf... I hate defending. Wtf.
I love defending. and atacking.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6285|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
As I expected the beta sucks beyond belief. The game itself is just a mix of MW2 and BC2, only with an extremely small choice of weapons, smaller maps than BC2 and an idiotic unlock system (seriously, red dot as default on sniper rifles?)...

That combined with the overall gameplay which is miles behind that of BC2 and MW2, even keeping in mind that it's still beta...

Why does this game exist????? seriously, it's an EA bastard child, all I can think is that EA told DICE to do a MOH game on the double, doesn't matter what or how...

EDIT: Oh and moving around feels like someone has tied your shoelaces together, and the guns behave and sound like they are covered in a 1inch layer of foam x_x clumsiest game in a long time

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-07-15 19:21:15)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard