Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6711|FUCK UBISOFT

needs radio. That said, it will still be terrible no matter what.

You heard it here first.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

JohnG@lt wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

If a whole game is $50 I can't justify $15 for 4 maps and 4 player skins
I spent $11 on a pack of smokes today.
You aren't a student with no regular income. Also what the fuck $11, they're like $4 a pack here
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
I'll probably buy it. $15 isn't much to me, though undoubtedly it'll be more likely near double here in Aus.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6239
So much for this then:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar … ?id=241306

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-06-15 04:53:18)

Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
I think they're saying this is an expansion, not just a map pack (like the difference between Jalalabad and Special Forces in BF2). Technically it's different, even if not by much.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6239
So basically, when DICE said the following:

DICE: We'll never charge for Battlefield maps
What they actually meant was:

DICE: We'll never make Battlefield maps. When we do make maps we'll throw in weapon skins and charge people for an 'expansion' instead.
And what about this part:

"We don't ever want to charge for our maps and insisted to EA that this attitude was crucial when it came to keeping our community happy and playing together,"
What a load of lies.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
They charged for Special Forces and the other BF2 expansions so I'm not surprised at all.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6239
To make matters even worse, people are saying that its not 4 maps at all, but 2 maps with rush and conquest on them both (Which to DICE = 4 maps).

I haven't seen a source but i've seen it mentioned more than once.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6490|Austin, Texas

JohnG@lt wrote:

Bevo wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

why not?
plays way too much like a console game, after the novelty has worn off not much is left

if it was a solid game i would probably buy it, but map selection and skins are definitely not what made me stop playing
Aside from the lack of air units, I don't see much/any difference between this game and BF2 besides better graphics. Sure, the maps are smaller, but they're 32 man maps rather than 64.
sluggish combat
lack of real HUD
lack of appropriate controls (pickup kits while disarming an mcom, yeah no thanks)
Terrible and buggy UI
etc

it just plays exactly like a console game. Doesn't bother some, but I can't deal with it for terribly long.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Man, the sounds in BC2 are just too good. Maybe the foliage in this will make the Snipers less faggy in this expansion, I just might get this game now
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6648|Middle of nowhere

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

The closest map to the setting of Vietnam the game features is Laguna Presa which is a pretty map. If the whole game is like that I'll be very pleased.
Laguna Presa (both varieties) is far and away my favorite.
Yep. Best map in the game
Are you all high? That is far and away the worst map in the history of the world.  I have never played a competitive game there, either you never get past the first two points, or you rape the other team through all 5 sections.

Edit: It's okay in Conquest mode. Rush mode sucks anus balls.

Double Edit: More on topic, I am (as the OP said) intrigued, but I want to find out more about this before I will say I'm excited. I'll probably get it for the new weapons and awards you get, but idk how cool it will be. I also would not be surprised if it really was 2 maps with 2 game modes each. DICE would do that.

Triple edit:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Man, the sounds in BC2 are just too good.
I will never compliment an EA game like this again, but I will admit that the sounds in the game are absolutely fantastic. The din in the game is so unbelievably realistic, and ever sound the gun and vehicle, etc, makes it just an eargasm every time I play.  Easily the #1 non-gameplay reason I keep playing this game. It's so amazing to hear all the sounds.

Last edited by genius_man16 (2010-06-15 06:48:29)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

DUnlimited wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

If a whole game is $50 I can't justify $15 for 4 maps and 4 player skins
I spent $11 on a pack of smokes today.
You aren't a student with no regular income. Also what the fuck $11, they're like $4 a pack here
I AM a student
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6623
The jungle maps are my favorites overall, simply because I feel like they're more immersive.   And I never played the original BF:V, but always thought that Vietnam is a great setting for a FPS, so I'm looking forward to this.

I have a feeling that instead of releasing new BC2-specific maps prior to the expansion, they will instead opt to release this expansion, then conveniently "gift" regular BC2 players with a couple of the BC2:V maps to play in the standard game. 

Just a wild, speculative guess, but it seems like a plausible 2-birds-with-one-stone situation that might play out, especially considering Dice's current MO of rehashing already-made stuff and calling it new.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
I just hope I don't have to level up again. Everything past level 30 has sucked.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
hey you fucking assholes instead of working on this shit fix the fucking post patch lag issue on ps3.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

11 Bravo wrote:

hey you fucking assholes instead of working on this shit fix the fucking post patch lag issue on ps3.
Maybe it's a PS3 network issue.  Lag isn't really that bad on the 360.
11 Bravo
Banned

Ilocano wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

no...its NOT a ps3 network issue.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

11 Bravo wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

no...its NOT a ps3 network issue.
OK, a BC2 PS3 network coding issue.
11 Bravo
Banned
something...dont care what it is tbh.  it was fine before the patch.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
50 bucks says they're going to re-skin the M16 and use the exact same model.

Oh and same applies to the RPG, cut off the scope and maybe add a slightly different warhead and reload anim?

And the M60, no changes to that thing, that's genuine 1960s equipment.

M1911 is called the WWII M1911, they're not going to change that.

and I think that the AK-47 might finally be coming to BC2. Only new thing they all probs, except maybe a Mosin.
mooneyno1
Carl Gustav <3333
+16|5932|Sheffield

Trotskygrad wrote:

50 bucks says they're going to re-skin the M16 and use the exact same model.

Oh and same applies to the RPG, cut off the scope and maybe add a slightly different warhead and reload anim?

And the M60, no changes to that thing, that's genuine 1960s equipment.

M1911 is called the WWII M1911, they're not going to change that.

and I think that the AK-47 might finally be coming to BC2. Only new thing they all probs, except maybe a Mosin.
Don't know a lot on the Vietnam war but I'm guessing they used flame throwers ? Would be nice to see jets introduced with napalm (although the only way they could do this if maps are small is if they use the similar idea with the UAV and called an airstrike in like that - maybe ?) and the classic surfin bird song among with a few others, could be a nice little expansion. People are getting way too arsey with it if I'm honest, can't some people be happy for once. Fair enough they should have been working on the patch and more maps but I am happy with the idea of being able to play in the Vietnam era in a nice shiny engine (even though it runs on low for me anyways).

Just my 2 cents xxx

Last edited by mooneyno1 (2010-06-16 16:04:11)

Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5720|شمال

m3thod wrote:

game sucks
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6259|Pacific NW, USA

Ilocano wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

WUT?   9 out of 10 360 servers I get on have lag, and 2-3 of those are unplayable lag.
MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5905
is dis for real man?
mooneyno1
Carl Gustav <3333
+16|5932|Sheffield

MirindoR wrote:

is dis for real man?
ofcourse, E3 trailer.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard