mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6729|Rotherham, England
So EA announced that there would be an RPG element to your character in BF2142.
I just want to know what people would like to see from this RPG element involved in your charactre progressing through the ranks.

I myself am unsure on how they can do it, but i suspect they will probably limit some of the things you can do until you have enough time played or global points or something like that.
Maybe they will restrict what weapons can be used or who can use what vehicle?

Hopefully some of you guys can come up with some possible ideas that EA/Dice will use for this "RPG Element".
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6616
I'm still hoping BF2142 is a late April Fools joke.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6745|EUR
Magic Missile?
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6808

MuseSeeker wrote:

Magic Missile?
Only if I get to pop that bad boy out of my plasma rifle in the 40 megawatt range.
ATC
+58|6714|...

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I'm still hoping BF2142 is a late April Fools joke.
i hope so too
IronFerret
+48|6627|Mexico City.
personal armor unlock:

https://x402.putfile.com/5/12012444451.jpg

Last edited by IronFerret (2006-05-01 10:46:06)

mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6729|Rotherham, England
nice to see people taking this thread seriously.......
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter

mjw wrote:

nice to see people taking this thread seriously.......
True, True
Back on subject, i would like to know what EA means by RPG Element. What are they going to do with the game that will include this feature?.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6692|Oregon
RPG= Role Playing is Gay

i dont think they should do that...if you could chose your player skin (like Counter Strike) and then the different kits add onto that, that would be cool, but not anything progressive..then the "l337" players who play 21-hours-a-day would get uber armor and be able to completely own everything..not cool..
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6722

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober wrote:

RPG= Role Playing is Gay

i dont think they should do that...if you could chose your player skin (like Counter Strike) and then the different kits add onto that, that would be cool, but not anything progressive..then the "l337" players who play 21-hours-a-day would get uber armor and be able to completely own everything..not cool..
Exactly. BF isn't WoW
Zukabazuka
+23|6655
I think I'm gonna wait untill more info is released about the game or at least a demo, then I'm gonna judge.
IronFerret
+48|6627|Mexico City.

[TUF wrote:

Whiskey_Oktober]RPG= Role Playing is Gay

and clans would start having gay names like guild
also don forget:
-one or two casualties for long-term playing (5 days in a row).
-point and item farming bussines overseas.
tF-afrojap
+124|6817|SF
I put on my robe and wizard hat.

Anyone get that reference?

If they add things like more upgrades to your gear and such, they will need to run separate servers for certain "level" players. Running around with a rocket launcher fighting noobs with super soakers makes no sense from a FPS standpoint. The other possibility is just to keep it at a "customize your look" deal, where you could add some badass shades, maybe grow a crazy beard and so on. I would appreciate some sort of license system for vehicles, where you have to qualify before you can enter a piece of equipment worth millions of dollars. Anyway, I hope they don't go overboard with this, we want a solid game first. My 2c.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6706|200m out and smiling at you.
they're implementing the RPG element in that you can customize yourself and specialize in certain kits and such. like you can specialize in certain types of combat. so the more experienced say medics get better junk then the people who specialized in sniper combat and decided to use the medic kit. it's just to make the players more individualized and something to work for... hence the RPG element. they've been experimenting with RPG elements in BF2 also, if you didn't notice. the rank system and unlock system creates an RPG style environment and mindset in some, which is why it created the stat padder problem, vehicle whores, etc.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Afro, yeah I saw that whole thing on Bash.org.

I dunno, the RPG element could be cool... I mean, it's not much of a step up from the rank and award system we have now I reckon.
I retain my outlook on BF2142 as "Cautious Optimism."
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6671
I can see it now
attack
You attack Some guy for 34 points of damage
Some guy hits YOU for 25 points of damage
You attack, but Some guy blocks!
You attack and hit Some guy for 50 points of damage.
Some guy dies
Some guy drops 15 pieces of gold
You gain 35 experience
Rizen_Ji
+41|6706|200m out and smiling at you.

Skruples wrote:

I can see it now
attack
You attack Some guy for 34 points of damage
Some guy hits YOU for 25 points of damage
You attack, but Some guy blocks!
You attack and hit Some guy for 50 points of damage.
Some guy dies
Some guy drops 15 pieces of gold
You gain 35 experience
i don't think it's gonna be  like that.... -.-

that's a turn based RPG, and i doubt they're going to be implementing a turn-based system seeing is how this is battlefield...
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6722

tF-afrojap wrote:

Anyone get that reference?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

Liquid Plasma-Tipped Anti-Armor missile system. kills the tank crew, destroys tank, sends fragments into nearby infantry
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6722

stryyker wrote:

Liquid Plasma-Tipped Anti-Armor missile system. kills the tank crew, destroys tank, sends fragments into nearby infantry
sounds like uber pwnage. rofl
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

stryyker wrote:

sounds like uber pwnage. rofl
the catch, you only get 2
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober wrote:

BF isn't WoW
'yet'
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

OOO SHIT

not
Rocket Propelled Grenade LMAO
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6603|USA

Burning_Monkey wrote:

MuseSeeker wrote:

Magic Missile?
Only if I get to pop that bad boy out of my plasma rifle in the 40 megawatt range.
wow, you guys are idiots, it means ROLE PLAYING ELEMENT, as in. prolly choose a character class (Spec ops, Assault, medic...) and so on, and you upgrade while you play online.

sounds like a great idea, i was hoping for a game like that, Ranks + unlocks + skills + character classes = FUCK YEA
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6676|Antarctica
When you get to the highest rank EA will give you a pre 1.2 n00b t00b with 10x blast radius and firepower.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard