loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6579|Columbus, OH
Keep it simple: Jeans and a T-shirt, maybe a hoodie. Use the rest of your money for booze and women
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6722|Sydney, Australia

Aries_37 wrote:

Call a female friend, ask her to go shopping with you. Repeat every couple of months.

Done.
I have to do this cause I'm red-green colour blind. Clothes shopping doesn't work by myself.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6354|Troy, New York

Superior Mind wrote:

Nigguuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh.

Open up a GQ son.

Uzique's style would make you a hipster fag in NYC. In London, he's hip and cool and all that. Not here though.
This. Great for London, not so great for NYC.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK
you guys dress like old men.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271
That picture of the red biking shorts is going to give me nightmares.
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6474|Kakanien
https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/Bubblehead_2006/Motivational%20Posters/TheFashionPolice.jpg
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Just buy two or three good suits, and then wear them all the time.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5544|Toronto
Go buy 2 or 3 button downs, some darker straight leg jeans, and a v-neck sweater or two (no argyle, that's just lame). Wear these things when you actually have something semi-important to attend. It is rather important, you should likely wear a suit. Jeans and a t-shirt otherwise.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Lai
+186|6152
You can't get a style of your own on prescription, because it wouldn't be your own. Generally when you get yourself a made to measure style, you'll end up looking like somewhat feeling slightly out of place after their makeover, no matter how stylish the stuff you're wearing is. Buy what you like, but also what you always thought you didn't like and grow your own style over some time. There are a few tips though:

- Don't overthink it.

- Don't buy loads of cheap shit. It will be more expensive in the end as it breaks down or just looks trash.

- Don't buy a single piece of Versailles quality either, most of the time if you dress stylish people won't even see the difference between a supposed "A-brand" and a cheaper brand (or even a downright Chinese fake, no kidding).

- If you think you can't wear something or a certain combination because it is just on the edge,.. wear it! See that Italian guy? He wears all the stuff you said you'd never wear or look gay, yet he always steals the show. You're better of standing out as somewhat daring than conform to the norm and blend in.

- Don't buy polyester/acryl/nylon or other purely synthetic stuff. Apart from being sweaty and glossy, the use of natural fabrics is a failr good indication of quality. E.g. the percentage of wool in a winter coat generally goes up with the price.

- Like I said before, try the stuff you don't like as well, you'll find it often looks better on you than what you'd normally go for.

- Don't wear sunglasses on a rainy day, indoors or while swimming or lounging in a pool.

- Don't wear Ed Hardy.

- Shop smart. VERY important. My mother always taught me: "Don't skip the cheap shops because you might find something very cheap of reasonable quality" (shitty shops frequently buy off leftovers from good shops andn sell them at bargain prices). My mother was wrong though, or in any case her "motto" was incomplete, so I added: "Don't skip the expensive shops you'd think you could never afford, because you might find something of very good quality at a reasonable price". Hence, I managed to get a 800 euro coat for 99.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead
Jeans, t shirt, hoodie.

Coat if its cold, shirt if going somewhere where it's appropriate.

=My wardrobe

And yeah, fuck buying expensive clothes for uni. One wash is effort / money enough. Having to sort out different washes and paying for them would be ridiculous.

Last edited by Peter (2010-03-10 06:58:43)

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6474|6 6 4 oh, I forget

https://www.acasports.co.uk/images/products/full/NYR_Away.jpg

<3
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5251

loubot wrote:

Keep it simple: Jeans and a T-shirt, maybe a hoodie. Use the rest of your money for booze and women
this. go to marshalls or tj maxx or one of those stores and stock up on nice shirts/jeans/whatever for tha lo
pilebomb
+8|6120
Just think to yourself: What would The Situation do?
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5544|Toronto

pilebomb wrote:

https://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2009/03/the_baby_snuggie_pm-thumb-300x433.jpg

HE'D STRAP ON ONE OF THESE FUCKERS AND LET THE LADIES KNOW THE SITUATION.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694

nukchebi0 wrote:

I'd recommend the hipster looks, to be honest - you'd probably fit in with the vast majority of male college students inhabiting Manhattan.
Assuming he wants to look like a douche bag.

Poseidon, whatever you do, don't grow a mustache.
Ultrafunkula

NYR fashion aside, go to 21st Century on the east side ground zero. They have bargain suits n shirts. Bought a sweet velvet club jacket from there last year for a couple tens of bucks
Ultrafunkula

Pochsy wrote:

pilebomb wrote:

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/stroller … 00x433.jpg

That's one way to keep Quaid warm.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

pilebomb wrote:

Get your ass to Mars.

Pro tip - if you are going to shop at cheap stores (Old Navy, Target, Gap, etc) don't go to them in Manhattan. Shit is always more expensive in Manhattan.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6273
Um, well, if you don't have a fashion identity (if you could call it that), take a walk around the shops, see what's around etc.
- Buy one or two expensive pairs of jeans (120-90 euro) for the night outs etc. A good point to start
- Nautica, lacoste, zara have some cool stuff and zara is cheap.
- Get some cool sweaters. They can be worn everywhere (I wear them in school)
- Cheap hoodie with zip ( i dunno what it's called).
- Get some colourful t shirts. They are cheap and they can be either worn with ^, or a shirt.
- Get black-grey t-shirts. They can be worn with everything (casually or not)

You are not what you wear.
Lai
+186|6152

Superior Mind wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

I'd recommend the hipster looks, to be honest - you'd probably fit in with the vast majority of male college students inhabiting Manhattan.
Assuming he wants to look like a douche bag.

Poseidon, whatever you do, don't grow a mustache.
You can grow a moustache, but preferably with matching beard (Tsar Nicholas II style), and it has to be a classic one. Just don't go for the modern I-didn't-bother-shaving-but-spend-30-minutes-trimming-and-oiling-it look.

Other than that SM is right. You generally do not want to fit in or look like the typical male college student.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

Superior Mind wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

Get your ass to Mars.

Pro tip - if you are going to shop at cheap stores (Old Navy, Target, Gap, etc) don't go to them in Manhattan. Shit is always more expensive in Manhattan.
You know the Tanger Outlets in Riverhead? I'm heading out to those as well for stores like that. When I'm looking for stuff in NYC, it's gonna be the stuff that's really in NYC only.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6522|Austin, Texas

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

... You are not your job or the car that you drive ...
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black
Pos weren't you kinda chubby a while back? What were you, and what are you at now? (include height)
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Ultrafunkula

Bevo wrote:

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

... You are not your job or the car that you drive ...
You're not your fucking khakis
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

Finray wrote:

Pos weren't you kinda chubby a while back? What were you, and what are you at now? (include height)
lol like I said check the body image thread. Now I'm 5'10", 160

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard