Poll

Which was more overrated or overhyped?

billion-unit selling Little Big Planet31%31% - 19
envelope-pushing action blockbuster Modern Warfare 268%68% - 41
Total: 60
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

Although both of these games are perfect in every aspect, and have made billions of dollars and sold enough units such that statistically every person in the world owns 2 copies of each game, which one do you think was more overrated? Which of these memorable ground-breaking titles of a new generation didn't quite live up to the excitement and hype?
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6701|Charlie One Alpha
...both?
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

Of course they both are overrated and/or overhyped... but the question was "Which was more"
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6455|cuntshitlake

This is blasphemy
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

DeathUnlimited wrote:

This is blasphemy
no, this is PATRICK!

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/DonnieDelinko/patrick4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

mtb0minime wrote:

Of course they both are overrated and/or overhyped... but the question was "Which was more"
Oh, that's easy.

SPORE.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

AussieReaper wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Oh, that's easy.

SPORE.
Touché
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6335
MW2. Easily. That shit at least sold a bazillion copies though.

Last edited by Sisco10 (2010-01-14 22:01:48)

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
VicktorVauhn
+319|6384|Southern California
You guys really need to get over the whole "OMG! ____ was so overhyped!"

Its called marketing. Its what every single company in existence at least tries to do. Play the game or don't.... But for the love of god please stop crying about what everyone else is doing.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

I'm not crying at all, was just wondering what people thought. Besides, it was a joke topic anyway what with all the recent discussion regarding MW2 making a billion dollars and that revived thread about how many copies LBP will sell.

baggs
+732|6196

mtb0minime wrote:

I'm not crying at all, was just wondering what people thought. Besides, it was a joke topic anyway what with all the recent discussion regarding MW2 making a billion dollars and that revived thread about how many copies LBP will sell.

I got it mate, don't worry, even if no one else did. Overhyped thread is overhyped
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6680|"The Empire"

mtb0minime wrote:

Although both of these games are perfect
Far far far from it.

mtb0minime wrote:

Which of these memorable ground-breaking titles of a new generation
MW2 was neither ground-breaking or memorable or a new generation, old game reskinned with less features than the first.

Guess which i voted for!
baggs
+732|6196

UK|Hooligan wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Although both of these games are perfect
Far far far from it.

mtb0minime wrote:

MW2 was neither ground-breaking or memorable or a new generation, old game reskinned with less features than the first.

Guess which i voted for!
You don't get it do you?

See: Irony, sarcasm and light humour.
Hallvard
+262|6514|North Norway

MW2, rubbish singleplayer, no f'in servers, lagy mp, full of hackers, multiplayer is way to f'in easy (seriously, I don't see why people need hacks in this game)
I still play it for a laugh on ts with my clan... Running around shotguning and knifing french people is even easier and more fun then in cod4.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
I voted for Little Boy Planet simply because of how much lulz it caused this forums.

But yeah, MW2 does a way better job of jacking off the fanboys.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6680|"The Empire"

baggs wrote:

UK|Hooligan wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Guess which i voted for!
You don't get it do you?

See: Irony, sarcasm and light humour.
Yes i did get it!

mtb0minime wrote:

statistically every person in the world owns 2 copies of each game
I was stating my point on which i voted for now shhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited by UK|Hooligan (2010-01-15 11:24:58)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6698|67.222.138.85

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Its called marketing. Its what every single company in existence at least tries to do. Play the game or don't.... But for the love of god please stop crying about what everyone else is doing.
Meh it's not really about what the company does, it's when all the annoying semi-gamers get caught up in it.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6384|Southern California

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Meh it's not really about what the company does, it's when all the annoying semi-gamers get caught up in it.
yeah, but its the company who pumps out the fancy screen shots, leaks random stuff, ect...

But you are right in that its the gamers getting caught up in it too.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6357|California
rrrrr was the most hyped up game evar.
Kez
+778|5695|London, UK
mw2 easily
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5500|America
I got absolutely zero hype for LBP and didn't even know it existed until this thread was made, and I looked it up on Google. Super cereal.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
bennisboy
+829|6638|Poundland
LBP was average. I never thought it would appeal to me, but i caved in to reviews and got it. Enjoyed story, but it was too short and didnt deserve such high reviews. MW2 was awesome
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

I'm going with CoDMW2. Little Big Planet is a return to the beloved realm of side-scrolling platformer, whereas MW2 is like a 90% downgrade from MW1, PC-wise.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire

bennisboy wrote:

MW2 was awesome
Keyword "was". Then it came out.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
LBP wasn't really that overhyped. At least it was quite original. It was just sergeriver and his paedophiliac attitude towards it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard