chitlin
Banned
+36|6775
Me and a buddy were being stupid arguing for like 2 hours over which actually has better graphics. I figured why not ask here even tho some people might be biased. *try not to be*

My contention is that the pc is superior because for the sole reason that the maps, areas, and player size are all on a much larger scale therefore imo more impressive of an overall look. If you look at the 360 the maps are MUCH smaller with a max player size of 24. Then he said (which i think is ridiculous) that the huge environments and much larger amount of possible players is simply a prefrence of gameplay and not a technical aspect or a superior engine.

His contention is that the all the models are better looking and has better lighting therefore superior. Admittedly the player models do look better but i think its arguable that 64 of bf2's requires more processing than 24 of mc's although i have no real idea. (but he claims he KNOWS and that i would think otherwise is crazy) Also he says all the models look much better but i think that other than the player models everything in bf2 looks as good *tanks helo's* or better *terrain foliage bulding's*. And yes it seems that mc has some sort of bloom lighting or something, but they both have dynamic shadows and persoanlly i dont think it looks like the lighting is just amazingly better.

mc's grass
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/715/ … 53289.html
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/715/ … 53293.html
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/715/ … 14362.html

check out this jumbled mess of a tree
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/715/ … 33213.html

he tells me (even tho hes never played bf2) that this is the same bf2 tree but better aliasing etc..

helo
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/715/ … 33215.html
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/715/ … 53257.html

tank
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/715/ … 14361.html

I'd put a pic of planes but they dont exist =p because of the smaller scale of course*
I did a little research and it turns out mc is based on a modified 1942 engine which he refuses to belive. and here s areview of modern combat by ign where they say
Graphics
Lots of little enhancements make this stand above the Xbox version, if just a bit.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/701/701198p1.html

So feel free to drop your opinion aboout which one looks better to you
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6765
PC on ultra high settings pwns xBox. No questions. The thing is that Not PC graphics aren't adjustable and built in a little different way I think.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-04-14 12:04:31)

chitlin
Banned
+36|6775
Oh and i also forgot we had a really stupid  arguement before about mortal kombat 2. We were playing with emulators and he claims thats the snes port of mortal kombat 2 was EXACTLY the same as the arcade. I played both on an emulator and saw an obvious difference in quality. So if anyone has first hand or remembers well that however good of a port it was in 1994 it wasnt EXACT drop in here and correct this mofo.
docnutz
+39|6772|B O S T ON area
Aliasing sux but the models do look much better!

No where near the gaming experience BF2 is though!!!!
chitlin
Banned
+36|6775
yea we both agree that bf2 is a better game and the player models look better in 360 but i dont want a bunch of people just saying bf2 is more fun / better i want opinions strictly based on graphics
docnutz
+39|6772|B O S T ON area
graphically speaking BF2 is better, i do not have evreything on high or ultra high and i DO use antialiasing and my graphics still blow the shit out of MC!

Last edited by docnutz (2006-04-14 12:49:58)

chitlin
Banned
+36|6775
ok now someone comment about mortal kombat 2 ^^
aslpride
+6|6676
I did watch BFMC trailer. The graphic looks like cartoon style or buff style instead of real quality of shape. The trailer did show shooting and bombing, it is all looks like cartoon style bombing. BF2 is more realistic but speaking of quality graphic in BF2. It is all based on how you increase the muscle in your computer. Suppose you have 512mb ram with Geforce 9550, I can say BFMC looks better than BF2. However, if you have SLI dual Geforce 7800GT with 2gb ram, BF2 is superiors over BFMC.

My computer have 1.5gb ram with ATI X800XL. I was able to set half of my setting as high quality and the rest of setting with medium graphic. So far, the graphic is still better than BFMC.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6678|NT, like Mick Dundee

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

PC on ultra high settings pwns xBox. No questions. The thing is that Not PC graphics aren't adjustable and built in a little different way I think.
PC on ultra high settings kicks the crap out of ANY CONSOLE.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6678|NT, like Mick Dundee

chitlin wrote:

ok now someone comment about mortal kombat 2 ^^
Ummm.... WTF?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6775
read above you before commenting ?
(*Cusa*)craig
+2|6625
i have tried both, both have awsome graphics but pc will always out muscle consoles bcause for starts console games r made on pc so they will always be less powerful than pc cause of that and also, the xbox 360 sports 3 pentium 4's but if u look at the output it only performs as good as an athlon xp 3.2 ghz processor, i have played both games and pc looks and plays better but the xbox 360 version is good but the graphics will never match pc cause as soon as a console comes out, a newer card, processor comes out that is like 4 times as fast and powerful, the graphics card in xbox360 is a 500 mhz ati, the 7800 is 5 times as powerful and the athlon 64 series processor is 3 times faster than the 3 pentiums in the xbox360 so just from that u can tell how much more powerful the pc is over the xbox 360 in any game it releases, but just remember, no matter what console it is, they will never be better than a pc cause its on a pc there created and the games r made so they can never be more powerful than the pc cause there made on one so it cant go past the program settings on the pc which are nedium settings in programming (i know cause im mcsa and programming is a big thing in my job ) so if u have a athlon 64 and a nvidia 6600 or up then already you out power the xbox 360 by 3 times as much, hope that answered your question from a programmers technical perspective.

ps as for the mortal kombat thing, there is a difference cause on the old arcade machines they had more ram so could do more.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6668|Brisbane, Australia

I am so favouriting this, then printing out the arguments about this topic, and putting them through my friend's mailbox, Me and him argue so much about this!

Last edited by Sarrk (2006-04-15 00:30:20)

chitlin
Banned
+36|6775
yeh more responses would be appriciated
ninja6o4
+3|6735
X360 could theoretically look better because it only needs to match the highest resolution possible for the output of the console.. I don't know what that is, but HDTV 1080i is 1920x1080 resolution.  Personally, I don't see how xbox could handle that high a resolution based on its tech specs, unless it cheated somehow (ie. renders only half quality then doubles it for higher pixel).

Or maybe xbox only does 1080i for movies, not games?  It is a good argument your friend might have.  Without knowing the exact capabilities and video config of MC/x360, you will never really know the answer.

In the case of non-HDTV, regular TV was 640x480 or 800x600.. a far cry from today's standard 17" LCD that runs 1280x1024.  a 7800GT will max out that resolution with AA on full and still get 99.9 fps (ie. not stressed).

The point to my rambling?  MC + regular TV = BF2 PC wins hands down.  MC + max HDTV 1080i = technically would give a PC a run for its money, but I would have to see it compared on 2 identical LCDs to believe it.  If anyone owns a Dell 2405 24" widescreen LCD and can play bf2 at max res (1920x1200), they can verify this..  Anyone?
chitlin
Banned
+36|6775
Every game so far and probably every game for 360 in the future is 720p = 1280 x 720

While higher res allways makes the game look better its not the determining factor in a technical or aesthsetic aspect. Im speaking in context of poly counts textures etc .. Like i said my opinion is that its the overall look produced by the much larger game bf2 is compared to mc that makes it look better to me. Much larger maps with more trees grass bulidings vehcles larger airspace and more guys running around in it make it (i think)a techincally more complex and superior engine. *that and mc is a modified 1942 engine*

back to my retarded arguement if you stood in front of an arcade machine mk2 and snes mk2 would you notice a difference ? is it marginal or obvious ?

and feel free to add more comments about bf2 ^^
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6733|California

heres how it goes

DX10>PS3>PC>Xbox 360
chitlin
Banned
+36|6775
theyve benchmarked the ps3's gpu and its well below a 7800gtx. its been reported that its more like a 7600

and dx10 is pc for windows vista isnt it ?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6733|California

chitlin wrote:

theyve benchmarked the ps3's gpu and its well below a 7800gtx. its been reported that its more like a 7600

and dx10 is pc for windows vista isnt it ?
yes it is. but PS3 will have bluray DVD, which enhances quality as well
DoobieUB
+0|6713|Behind my keyboard
Also the native res for PS3 will be 1080P the P making it true HD becuase 1080I is not! Also i believe and maybe wrong but the native res for Xbox360 is 720P (Baby HD but still pretty good)!
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6618|Greenwood, IN
No the native HD for the 360 is 1080i and thats only cause it don't have an HDMI/DVI output.  But, as time goes on that should change.  Espcialy since they are going to release a HD-DVD drive for the 360.  And you can't really compair a triple core CPU(XBox 360) to a single core(PS3) processor.  They have their advatages and disadvatages.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6775
i dont know if you can call the cell processor one core

xbox can do 1080i as ps3 will but being able to use it doesnt mean they will as it requires more from the box. i find it hard to believe that xbox uses the 720p and ps3 will allways use the 1080i they will have a very simliliar power so i assume the only games that will support 1080i are games that dont stress the systems power.

bf2 vs mc 360 ?
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6618|Greenwood, IN
M$ set a standard for games on the 360, the min that they want a game is 720p with 2x anti-aliasing.  So I don't think there will be any drain from the 360.  I mean 1 of the 3 cores is dedicated to video processing before leaving and going to the video card.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6775
what i meant is making a game on 1080i would take more power from a machine than 720p

i dont know one way or the other but my suspicion is that all the games that attmept to push the gfx capability will stick with 720p
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6618|Greenwood, IN
Just that would not follow the console cycle, where games get more graphic over time.  What you saying that they are already at their limit which is not true.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard