M9515%15% - 75
L96a158%58% - 276
Type885%5% - 26
Svd7%7% - 33
Total: 471
??
+32|6570
PLZ vote

i used the ghost unlocks before the EF came out now im regretting it i want ot unlock the L96 soo bad cause i always get killed by it i use the M24 now man its sweet but L96 has better scope and reload time

also whats the farthest u killed someone form mine is 500meters
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6591
i only have the m95 unlocked i don't have sf yet its in the mail all my stores near me are sold out

question though why with the m95 you don't get the yellow indicator that you hit someone like all the others?

Last edited by My_pet_squirrel (2006-04-10 13:58:21)

Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6723
L96a1.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6623
It's all a matter of perspective really, if you're close quarters then you may as well go with the automatic sniper rifles like the SVD. (or even a assault rifle if you're doing that, the SVD/Type88 give away your position too easilly for my liking)

M95 when you feel the need to kill people in helicopters and humvees.

L96A1 for when you absolutely, positively have to kill every muthafarker on the server.

There's nothing wrong with the M24, infact it's a very good rifle. It's just the L96A1 with its wafer thin (just one more sir) sights edges it out.

EDIT:

My_pet_squirrel wrote:

i only have the m95 unlocked i don't have sf yet its in the mail all my stores near me are sold out

question though why with the m95 you don't get the yellow indicator that you hit someone like all the others?
Hold down the fire (mouse) button when you shoot. Rather than clicking, it will show the hit indicator then. Then release the fire button to chamber the next bullet.

Last edited by EvilMonkeySlayer (2006-04-10 14:04:32)

WormGuts
+17|6765|Dayton, Ohio

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

L96A1 for when you absolutely, positively have to kill every muthafarker on the server.

?? wrote:

also whats the farthest u killed someone form mine is 500meters
I wish i knew.  Unfortunately i'm a poor judge of distance by the mini map, and they don't provide us with a distance on kills.  If i had to venture a guess i would say around 350 meters.  My standard operating distance isn't typically all that far from the action.  I just make damn sure when i fire i'm going to hit and likely kill.  Aim for the head.  Shoot at moving targets or multiple targets only when you've become bored with life/position.

Last edited by WormGuts (2006-04-10 14:15:19)

??
+32|6570
m24 is good but scope sights are too fat for long range u almost have to be long range but i know alot of good spots on Sharqi and Mashtuur i went 16 and 0 on Sharqi but a helo found me lol i was 500m from a flag in Kubra Dam thats how i knew im usually 150m to 300m depending on the fog in the map

Last edited by ?? (2006-04-10 14:25:58)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6691|California

the M24 seems to hit right where you aim it, not like the M95 or L96

so on SF i go M24
BF2 - L96A!
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6656|Seattle
I like the l96a1, but they are all good in their own way, really.
mo1esdude
+9|6566|Scotland
i agree the l9 is my favourite sniper rifle. its just headshot heaven with that thing
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6623
I'm unsure how far this is, but i'd say it is my typical long range kill. The guy was moving in and out of the draw distance. Just at the point I killed him he moved outside of the draw distance. He was where my crosshair was pointing.

A good tactic if you're on a map with water is to snipe from a boat, take out a boat alone.. go into the third position in the boat and snipe from long range. Most people (except snipers) won't see you.

Although don't use this tactic if the other side has a good commander or any good pilots.

The commander will notice the stationary boat and drop artillery on you and the jet pilots will strafe you to hell.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6723

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

I'm unsure how far this is, but i'd say it is my typical long range kill.
~ 363 m
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6623

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

I'm unsure how far this is, but i'd say it is my typical long range kill.
~ 363 m
Huh, would have figured it would be longer than that.

That said, a good way is to kill people in the gunners position on vodniks, humvees etc. For example, vehicles will still be drawn whilst people won't.. so for example, shooting someone in the gunners position of a vodnik.. you'll see the turret moving around but it will seem as if the invisible man is there. I've gotten a few kills that way, shooting them outside of the soldier drawing distance but not the vehicle drawing distance.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6731
Back to the original post, I'd say the L96 is slightly easier to aim than the M24, but there's really not much in it. It depends on what other unlocks you have.
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6567
I'ma fair Sniper and I like the l9 alot.  As soon as i unlocked that weapon, i was playing on dalian plant and i took a blackhawk to the huge mountain next to the mec airfield (chinese?).  Anyways i was upwards of 800 meters on top of a friggin 500 ft. mountain.  BOOM HEADSHOT!  dropped the guy, i was so proud.
??
+32|6570
800meters nice what map
MorbiD.ShoT
+322|6567

?? wrote:

800meters nice what map
Dalian Plant
??
+32|6570
lol im stupid try for 1000m next time good luck

Last edited by ?? (2006-04-10 15:08:22)

R0lyP0ly
+161|6624|USA
I've never really agreed with polls like these, because each rifle has its own distinct strengths and shortcomings:

SVD / T88 - Less Accuracy due to higher shot deviation (even w/ magnification)

M95 - Accurate, excellent cockpit cleaner ( )

M24 / L96 - Same accuracy, sight configuration more ergonomic w/ L96

ACCURACY SCALE

Low                                   Medium                          High
SVD       T88                                            M95             M24  L96 (a bit ahead)
I prefer L96 as my specialty is infantry, and I rarely have an opportunity to tag a pilot. The M95 can be loads of fun on Sharqi bc of the Vodnik people who like to park and then get in the gunner hatch to cap a flag. PS - the cobra taking off is a sitting duck on ShP.

I vote L96 as per my preferences
R0lyP0ly
+161|6624|USA

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

I'ma fair Sniper and I like the l9 alot.  As soon as i unlocked that weapon, i was playing on dalian plant and i took a blackhawk to the huge mountain next to the mec airfield (chinese?).  Anyways i was upwards of 800 meters on top of a friggin 500 ft. mountain.  BOOM HEADSHOT!  dropped the guy, i was so proud.
I dont think the fog allows a shot that far  >(
??
+32|6570
u can if u have the scale at 100% i did  it form carrier on wake to a guy in FAV at end of island
R0lyP0ly
+161|6624|USA

?? wrote:

u can if u have the scale at 100% i did  it form carrier on wake to a guy in FAV at end of island
didnt think it was tru IMHO, but I guess not. I stand corrected. Thanks
MorbiD.ShoT
+322|6567

R0lyP0ly wrote:

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

I dont think the fog allows a shot that far  >(
Nope, why would I lie?
I shot him at the helo pad from the top of the 500+ft. mountain.  It was at least 700 meters, minimum but I thought it was farther than that.
??
+32|6570
it took me all the sniper ammo to get him cause of bulet drop
voltage
+46|6811|Sweden
There are only 2 different accuracies for the sniper rifles: 0.01 (SVD, M95, Type 88) and 0.005 (M24 and L96A1).

http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons/comparison

I prefer the higher one, taking my time, keeping the distance and going for headshot. The drawback is that if I don't headshot, the guy will find cover very quickly. The lower damage of SVD often let me take several shots of the victim.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6661|Tampa Bay Florida
If you're going for the infantry kills, the L96A1 is the best by far.  The only choice when you're going to snipe airfields is the M95.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard