N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5933|Somewhere out in Space
Lets place bets on how long it takes for the CIA to show up on his doorstep.

Generic Redneck: "he unamerican.  Communist bastard, insulting capitalism and all that noise."
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD
He can be a little extreme sometimes but at least he's got the balls to do movies like this. That's more than what can be said for most people who bitch and moan but never actually DO anything.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5933|Somewhere out in Space
My care factor ran out after he became a media whore, now he does it for shits/giggles/bad attention.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5997
Or perhaps he's just realised that being put out into the media is actually good for spreading what you believe.
TrueMusou
+36|6162|United States Of Hamerica
I'll watch it
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6236|S.A. Australia
I love it how people take all his documentries so seriously, as if they're a 100% credible source of information.  I enjoy watching his stuff because of the entertaining spin he puts on his docos, rather than just being a straight forward, boring barrage of information.
Serious Flex
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6345
I like him. Even though he´s bullshitting many times, if he gets one little thing to change, he won.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
wensleydale8
+81|6771|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
I loled at the title of this thread but nothing else sadly sigh
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6393|Southern California

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

He can be a little extreme sometimes but at least he's got the balls to do movies like this. That's more than what can be said for most people who bitch and moan but never actually DO anything.
Nothing to do with balls. He makes a butt load of money off having extremest views, he knows he has the audience, he knows he can get away with it... Its not like he is in Korea risking being put to death. Its what people look to him for. It takes no more balls then Family Guy making fun of Michael Jackson.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6718
Who's Michael Moore?
Love is the answer
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

To get a point across one must often use extremes to get peoples attention ...

With Capitalism being close to a religion and money being the new God I can see why Michael Moore raises some questions about it ... am looking forward to this flick also
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6195|Schofield Barracks
i saw Bowling for Columbine, it was good. ill be seeing this.
Ioan92
+337|5724
He is right.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
Okay.

To be honest he's a better entertainer than a serious journalist etc.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Chorcai
+49|6649|Ireland
I liked it when he went to Cuba.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

Varegg wrote:

With Capitalism being close to a religion and money being the new God I can see why Michael Moore raises some questions about it ... am looking forward to this flick also
harassing people is not an extreme measure
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Correct ... it's a mild measure, my bad ...

And it's not harassment demanding answers from your "overlords"
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Flaming_Maniac

Varegg wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Yes, it is harassment, and they are assholes. This bullshit that has been going on in the past couple years is far from capitalism. That doesn't mean the movie isn't drivel.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Michael Moore's documentaries are always interesting. Despite his bias he always makes many valid points. I don't like all those people who discredit him completely; although he's one sided his sources are all legitimate. He just puts emphasis on the evidence that proves his argument and then puts a much lower profile of anything that counters this argument. He's like Lowing with better sources.

I have to say though that with two of his documentaries I've seen - Bowling and Sicko - the "stunts" he does are kind of pathetic. Taking the boat to Gitmo was just stupid, I mean what did he expect to happen? Of course they were going to block him out, it's a military base. He just used being blocked out as a way to make his "opponents" look bad. With "Bowling" and rocking up to Heston's house and showing him a picture of a girl who'd been shot - I mean all he looked like there was a fat douche-bag who scored points by harassing an old alzhiemic man. That's not cool. And how he always shows himself as the "outspoken hero" figure while doing this is pretty lame.

Still like I said, there is value in what he does.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5751|شمال

TrueMusou wrote:

I'll watch it
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Yes, it is harassment, and they are assholes. This bullshit that has been going on in the past couple years is far from capitalism. That doesn't mean the movie isn't drivel.
I haven't seen the movie yet so I'll take your word for it ...
Flaming_Maniac
If it polarizes the masses, it's drivel.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6647
I might check it out I liked the one he made bowling columbine! very good movie he mentioned how the media portrays the black guy as bad and how the rest of the people run away from blacks since blacks are portrayed in a negative mater.

Last edited by blademaster (2009-09-01 19:10:00)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
yes yes, rise above the plebeian masses you erudite upholder of all that is sophisticated!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard