nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5581|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)
What would you like to see in BF3?

I would Like the classes set up something like BF: Vietnam, with 2 characters per class, with differing weapons

AA cannons @ missile sites

(maybe)Somewhat Customizeable weapons: optics/iron sights, etc.

Factions: US/NATO, Insurgent, MEC, Asia(China or Vietnam type thing)

More enterable buildings

Defense Game mode: one team has to attack position, the other defend, King of the Hill type thing

Jungle, Urban, Desert, maybe some kind of Carrier Battle maps

(maybe)Some basic customizing of character: helmet/boonie cap, Armor/No Armor(like 2142), Skin Color not defined by soldier class

AT mines go underground(like that one mod/tournament)

Updated with new military vehicles

Maybe set in 10-15 years from now or so

Sniper class have option of semiauto/bolt action rifle

Laser Target guided bombs

Voice Communication between squads directly, not through Commander, but all SM's can converse

BF1942 style arty guns on map for players to use/spotting ability

Transport Heli pilot controlled forward firing Machine Guns (2/4 *.50 caliber)

EDIT: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=94023

Stuff from here (1yr, 5 months ago)

Last edited by nickb64 (2009-07-22 16:00:12)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

I want it to be like BF2 but:
- No claymores
- Less nades
- No nade resupply
- Better balanced guns and maps
- Perfect hitreg
- Less annoying bugs and glitches
- Fist person demos
Basically everything I wanted from 1.5 but never recieved.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2009-07-22 16:16:09)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

You know I started up a thread like this three years ago.

Poser.

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
nickb64

Ty wrote:

You know I started up a thread like this three years ago.

Poser.

I didn't want any "holy revive" comments reviving something that old.

Vehicles I'd like to see:
MRAP
Armored Humvee
DPV/FAV (like Bf2)
Civilian Cars
Technical
Other nations transport cars/trucks if it's NATO not US
Small river attack boats (PBR type thing)

Class Weapons:
Sniper- Bolt action/Semi auto
SpecOps- Carbine/SMG
Assault- Assault Rifle/Auto Shotty
Support- Light MG(SAW)/Medium MG(M240 type)
AT- AT rocket/AA rocket, Carbine/SMG
Medic- Carbine/SMG

Last edited by nickb64 (2009-07-22 16:25:03)

DrOxiN
tat twaz me kill biotch!?!?
+33|5813|Bel Air,Maryland
Call of Duty hitreg tbh and i would be satisfied
DUnlimited
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

DrOxiN wrote:

Call of Duty hitreg tbh and i would be satisfied
Are you kidding? Cod4 has the shittiest hitboxes ever. You only have to aim at the general direction and score headshots when sniping kneecaps. I'll take BF2 hitreg over Cod4 hitreg any day
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin
This thing was posted a year ago http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=93819&p=1
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
WWII era
nickb64

War Man wrote:

This thing was posted a year ago http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=93819&p=1
Thought an update without "holy revive" was somewhat in order what with new information and assumptions recently.

EDIT: I searched, but for some reason it didn't show up.

Last edited by nickb64 (2009-07-22 21:34:28)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin

nickb64 wrote:

War Man wrote:

Thought an update without "holy revive" was somewhat in order what with new information and assumptions recently.

EDIT: I searched, but for some reason it didn't show up.
I know I tried searching, but didn't find results either. Thankfully I received karma in that thread back then.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6790
how about for bf3 we ask for some NEW features that we haven't seen before, instead of regurgitating the same crap we've been playing for the past 8 years.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
not that it matters what we ask for
Ioan92
+337|5692
All I want is realistic weapon specs.
GR34
+215|6515|ALBERTA> CANADA
PR dev team to make it. or have a pr mod online 64 p 128p and 256players. one server. open source. Realistic, None of this every solderer gets a pistol and nades BS. better medics, no get shot in the head with a .50cal then get majicly zapped and your up again.. Basically make it how PR is atm

Last edited by GR34 (2009-07-23 14:46:32)

HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5454|Bolingbrook, Illinois

GR34 wrote:

PR dev team to make it. or have a pr mod online 64 p 128p and 256players. one server. open source. Realistic, None of this every solderer gets a pistol and nades BS. better medics, no get shot in the head with a .50cal then get majicly zapped and your up again.. Basically make it how PR is atm
Please, go away.  No one would play BF3 if the PR team made it.  The Battlefield series is meant to be arcadish.

Before you say anything, I'm in |TG| and I've been playing since .4

Last edited by HaiBai (2009-07-23 19:06:24)

DUnlimited
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

GR34 wrote:

Shut up and play pr then.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
no more marines. Only video games developers and hollywood directors think that the US Marines alone would be able to take on the Arab World and China at the same time
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6481|Gold Coast
Battlefield Vietnam 2 pl0x

Awesome graphic potential for dense jungle, more punji sticks, AK47s, phantoms, hueys.. oh god.

Just BFV refurbished, and repopulated. And still have the ability to play music through vehicle speakers.

If it had to be modern:

- A dogfighting map where lots of people can go dogfighting. Great fun there.
- Better weapon specs/system.
- Less glitchy/laggy
- No rank system. I really hated it
- More fun. Just times in BF2 were so boring and unintesting that it lost interest.

Last edited by KuSTaV (2009-07-23 19:17:03)

noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Longbow
+163|6616|Odessa, Ukraine

DrunkFace wrote:

WWII era
Fuck WWII!

Srsly, I've been bored from WWII games long long time ago. I bet I'm not the only one. Modern Combat FTW.

Back to the subject:

I want:
- customizeble classes a-la BF2142;
- customizeble weapons;
- sniper and specops mixed into one class a-la BF2142;
- more urban maps;
- less vehicles per map, focus gameplay on infantry combat with vehicles, not vehicles combat with infanry.
- I dunno why everybody bitch about hitreg in BF2, I have only two problems with it - it rarely registers knife hits on fast moving opponents and you can shoot someone runnning bias from you.
- realistic weapons, realistic vehicles. The game itself still should be arcade;
- remove "no baserape" rule, give uncaps (or remove them too) good protection instead to make fragg-hungry asshole think twice before he will try to baserape;
- more maps with PARA spawns;
- more jungle maps, infantry and aircraft seem to be balanced only on these;
- no UAV, or rebalance it;
- enchance spotting sistem, remove tracking from it;
- more game mods, conquest is getting really old;
etc etc etc
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313

Mekstizzle wrote:

no more marines americans only . Only video games developers and hollywood directors think that the US Marines alone would be able to take on the Arab World and China at the same time
Bring moar Euro Force!!
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6519|UK

Adjustable maps, I'd like the previous game to have some sort of effect on the next map.  E.g if the US wins one map, they get the upper hand on the next level (or the competition).

That way, you help reduce the whole, ZOMG J-10 WAKE ISLAND thing........

Wouldnt eliminate it, but help shake things up a little.

Give the US the uncap if they win prev map, or the enemey has more equipment to choose from if they won prev map, etc.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Bell wrote:

Adjustable maps, I'd like the previous game to have some sort of effect on the next map.  E.g if the US wins one map, they get the upper hand on the next level (or the competition).

Give the US the uncap if they win prev map, or the enemey has more equipment to choose from if they won prev map, etc.
Unfortunately that would only cause the better team to dominate even more the next round.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6519|UK

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Bell wrote:

Unfortunately that would only cause the better team to dominate even more the next round.
Am sure theres some way to balance it, like HALO3 you go into servers of similar rank to yourself, not that rank is ever an indication of ''skillz'' but, am sure some sort of balance, tied to, perhaps spm, or k:d, or maybe even a collection of all of them, could help balance it out.
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5902|CA
5000 B.C. era.  Everyone gets pointy sticks, while snipers get rocks to throw.  Unlocks include pointy-er sticks and dual pronged sticks for the assault class. Medic class just comes along and fucks you up worse than you were before.  Mountable dinosaurs and mammoths.
Longbow
+163|6616|Odessa, Ukraine

GravyDan wrote:

5000 B.C. era.  Everyone gets pointy sticks, while snipers get rocks to throw.  Unlocks include pointy-er sticks and dual pronged sticks for the assault class. Medic class just comes along and fucks you up worse than you were before.  Mountable dinosaurs and mammoths.
Retardiness at it's best..
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6790

GravyDan wrote:

i'd play it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard