baggs
+732|6209
Ok, first things first, i know what audio quality is. If i want audio quality, i'll listen to music in my car.

I want form and function, i want finesse and simplicty. I think an iPod touch will offer me this, i've played around on my mates one and i was impressed. So i think i want an iPod touch.

Again, bar audio quality, is there anything that betters the touch?

Please, no rants about audio quality!

I was going to buy a 2 month old 32gb for £180 but someone offered him £220 and he would be a fool to turn the other offer down. I'm thinking i can get by with a 16gb, it won't be stacked with all the music i have, but also with photos etc...
gnot<3
Leave blank to use forum default.
+45|5559
just get it...
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6743|The Hague, Netherlands

get it, it's great, got it myself

about quality, just get some Sennheiser earphones with it.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6396|fåking denmark

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

get it, it's great, got it myself

about quality, just get some Skullcandy earphones with it.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6468|cuntshitlake

If you have nothing against iTunes.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6202|Winland

I'll just stay out of this.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Brasso
+1,549|6635

photos don't take up that much space, apps take nearly none.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
GR34
+215|6550|ALBERTA> CANADA
no ipods are all made from cheap components and are way over priced.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6407|dm_maidenhead
Yup. I love my 32GB
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6848|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Mine went bad in less than a year and apple wont to fix/replace it. The headphone jack is acting all funky, and I need to keep a sideways pressure on my headphones for the sound to be proper. I suppose it's my fault for having it in my pocket while listening...cheap ass components

$1000 down the drain. Well, it still works as a PDA, I can use the internet, organize myself, watch videos with borked sound, etc.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5694|Notts, UK
iPod touches are pretty awsm apart from the capacity. If you want that, get a Classic. If you want the functions that the touch provides (which are very good), i'd definitely recommend you get one.

Sydney wrote:

Mine went bad in less than a year and apple wont to fix/replace it. The headphone jack is acting all funky, and I need to keep a sideways pressure on my headphones for the sound to be proper. I suppose it's my fault for having it in my pocket while listening...cheap ass components

$1000 down the drain. Well, it still works as a PDA, I can use the internet, organize myself, watch videos with borked sound, etc.
If i were you i would wring up some local TV/news people and complain so that apple get worried about the bad press and fix it for you

or something

or go back and try again

or use the repair in the mail and don't mention how it broke
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6498|N. Ireland
Low capacity + limited codec support should be your main worries, but I'd still recommend them.
Sydney
2λчиэλ

JoshP wrote:

iPod touches are pretty awsm apart from the capacity. If you want that, get a Classic. If you want the functions that the touch provides (which are very good), i'd definitely recommend you get one.

Sydney wrote:

If i were you i would wring up some local TV/news people and complain so that apple get worried about the bad press and fix it for you

or something

or go back and try again

or use the repair in the mail and don't mention how it broke
Can't be arsed going on the news, and we don't have that repair in mail thingy here.

:S I'm gonna take it apart one of these days and see if I can't fix it myself.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6747|FUCK UBISOFT

Want apps? Get a touch.

Want features/space/better price? Get a Q5W.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6743|Toronto | Canada

Sydney wrote:

Yeah exact same for me, it only sounds proper when held at certain positions.

Though it wasn't $1000 for me
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6366|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
$1000 for an ipod touch?

the fuck?
Sydney
2λчиэλ

ceslayer23 wrote:

$1000 for an ipod touch?

the fuck?
Gotta love import taxes, toll fees and the little bit extra the store puts on the price to make a profit.

And when I say gotta love I mean DAMN THEM TO HELL!
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6202|Winland

Sydney wrote:

ceslayer23 wrote:

$1000 for an ipod touch?

the fuck?
Gotta love import taxes, toll fees and the little bit extra the store puts on the price to make a profit.

And when I say gotta love I mean DAMN THEM TO HELL!
Icelanders are fucking worse than islanders.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
ElementalDragon
+6|5575
http://www.archos.com/products/imt/arch … mp;lang=en

nuff said.  larger screen.... which is also touchscreen.  more codec support (although certain things may need one of the $20 plugin's... but not really anything i've tried playing).  One of those plugins will enable playing of 720p video on both the built-in screen as well as on a TV when used with the DVR Docking Station.  MUCH more storage space than the Touch.  None of the fuss of copying music to it with iTunes, and being hard as hell to retrieve it should you ever want/have to in the future.  Can set it to either sync with Windows Media player, or act as a removable hard drive when connected to your computer.  can browse computers on your wireless network and transfer/play files wirelessly.

Never owned an iPod of any sort.... and never plan to.  Archos all the way.  some people may have gripes... like they're not quite AS thin as Touch's.... although the 60GB is quite thin.  160GB and 250GB are a bit thicker.... but still pocketable.  my 120GB (which they stopped producing in exchange for the 160GB model (damnit) is about the same size as two 2.5" laptop hard drives stacked on top of each other... maybe slightly smaller than the typical 3.5" desktop hard drive.
baggs
+732|6209
Well the more i look into this the more options im faced with, Q5W is too expensive and i don't like the look of it compared to a touch to be really honest. I do want something that looks good, i know i shouldn't be aiming at esthetiques but it does mean a lot. And especially as the touch is such a compact item that offers what i want. That said, the Archos 5 60gb looks very good, still cheaper than a 32gb touch BUT still more than i want to pay. I'm looking at touch 16gb, maybe even an 8gb prices.

I just don't want to spend a heavy amount on something i'm buying for absolute luxury value.

Btw, looks like i can source and brand new 16gb touch for £190 with a friends discount, so if theres anything that rivals for that kinda price, i'd be very interested.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6366|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR

ElementalDragon wrote:

http://www.archos.com/products/imt/archos_5/index.html?country=us&lang=en

nuff said.  larger screen.... which is also touchscreen.  more codec support (although certain things may need one of the $20 plugin's... but not really anything i've tried playing).  One of those plugins will enable playing of 720p video on both the built-in screen as well as on a TV when used with the DVR Docking Station.  MUCH more storage space than the Touch.  None of the fuss of copying music to it with iTunes, and being hard as hell to retrieve it should you ever want/have to in the future.  Can set it to either sync with Windows Media player, or act as a removable hard drive when connected to your computer.  can browse computers on your wireless network and transfer/play files wirelessly.

Never owned an iPod of any sort.... and never plan to.  Archos all the way.  some people may have gripes... like they're not quite AS thin as Touch's.... although the 60GB is quite thin.  160GB and 250GB are a bit thicker.... but still pocketable.  my 120GB (which they stopped producing in exchange for the 160GB model (damnit) is about the same size as two 2.5" laptop hard drives stacked on top of each other... maybe slightly smaller than the typical 3.5" desktop hard drive.
thats also $150 more (just for the cheapest version) than the touch.  looks cool, though
Microwave
_
+515|6660|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
Another vote for yes.

I have a 32gb one and love it. It's so much more than a music player.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6586|SE London

ceslayer23 wrote:

ElementalDragon wrote:

http://www.archos.com/products/imt/archos_5/index.html?country=us&lang=en

thats also $150 more (just for the cheapest version) than the touch.  looks cool, though
Actually - with Apples crazy UK prices, a 60GB Archos 5 is about £40 cheaper than a 32GB iPod touch....

Archos >> Apple

Last edited by Bertster7 (2009-02-21 11:33:13)

rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5866
yes, i have an 8GB second gen, its awesome, get a 16GB at least as you will quickly kill the memory with applications, music, movies etc.
JAyThaRevo
+31|6291|Austria
Get It!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard