Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6632

That's what happens when you swallow.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
I drank a little more than a 1/2 gallon of OJ today.  I've been pissing like a race horse.
Ryan
+1,230|6843|Alberta, Canada

Strep throat is the worst. I had it a few months ago.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

Naturn wrote:

I drank a little more than a 1/2 gallon of OJ today.  I've been pissing like a race horse.
Dumb. Citrus Acid + Strepp = Longer heal time
Brasso
+1,549|6630

the flu and a stomach bug is going around but i haven't been truly sick since 2002 or so.  every year i get a cold, but that's just obviously going to happen since i go to school with people who are sick anyway.

at least i don't get anything worse.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
I has called off another day of work. :'(
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6578|Columbus, OH

Naturn wrote:

MEDIC!
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock

Naturn wrote:

yay!
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

presidentsheep wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

hot whiskey cures all
mix it with lemsip and honey and that shit will fix you in a few seconds
Hmm. I'm gonna pretend to be sick when I get home from work and try that
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
Is my urine suppose to smell strong?  I mean I nearly gagged...
Ultrafunkula

Naturn wrote:

Have you had a lot of vitamin pills and/or how much of that ibuprofen or something else?
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
2 pills ever 4-5 hours since Sat.  I've slowed down since yesterday on taking 4 all day.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum

Naturn wrote:

Drinking plenty of water?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Ultrafunkula

Think that means they're working. 2 pills that often might go a bit over. Depends on how big you are in size and how fast your metabolism is. Oh, and if it's a virus the meds won't help one single bit unfortunately. Only proper rest will get rid of the bug. Btw, how loose is the medicine policy over there anyway? I probably could've bought a suitcase full of stuff from a pharmacy when I was in N.Y. last month. Over here you need a prescription if you intend to buy more than 30 pills of 400mg ibuprofen or anything stronger. And I brought a huge damn boxfull of Tylenol back with me from there. Just nuts
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN

FatherTed wrote:

Naturn wrote:

About 2-3 litters a day.  Plus OJ

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Think that means they're working. 2 pills that often might go a bit over. Depends on how big you are in size and how fast your metabolism is. Oh, and if it's a virus the meds won't help one single bit unfortunately. Only proper rest will get rid of the bug. Btw, how loose is the medicine policy over there anyway? I probably could've bought a suitcase full of stuff from a pharmacy when I was in N.Y. last month. Over here you need a prescription if you intend to buy more than 30 pills of 400mg ibuprofen or anything stronger. And I brought a huge damn boxfull of Tylenol back with me from there. Just nuts big_smile
I'm 6'4" 280LBs and its a bacterial infection.  But, over all i feel better than yesterday.  Also I don't have a fever today ether so its a good sign.
Ultrafunkula

Naturn wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Naturn wrote:

About 2-3 litters a day.  Plus OJ

I'm 6'4" 280LBs and its a bacterial infection.  But, over all i feel better than yesterday.  Also I don't have a fever today ether so its a good sign.
Then you're on the right track. But don't worry about the smelly piss. It's the bug leaving you're body. Not exactly, but so to speak. I usually piss orange when I'm sick and doing meds and who knows what vitamins I find in the kitchen
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6765|Cambridge (UK)

Gooners wrote:

That's what happens when you swallow.
Whoosh!

*sweeps flattened hand up and over head*
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

Penicillin
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6570|USA

Naturn wrote:

Yea but cold weakens the immune system by lowering your body temp.  So me spending all that time out side moving snow its was the cause of it.

Edit:  Last time I went to the doctor for strep throat it came back a false negative.  3 days after I went the second test from a lab came back positive.  By then I was all well.
thats a huge load of bullshit. cold has no effect on your immune system; its an urban legend.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN

Ender2309 wrote:

Naturn wrote:

Yea but cold weakens the immune system by lowering your body temp.  So me spending all that time out side moving snow its was the cause of it.

Edit:  Last time I went to the doctor for strep throat it came back a false negative.  3 days after I went the second test from a lab came back positive.  By then I was all well.
thats a huge load of bullshit. cold has no effect on your immune system; its an urban legend.
So why do you think your body increases your temperature when you have an infection?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

Cold slows your bodies metabolic reaction rate. Stay warm, penicillin. Unless you are allergic.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
I'm feeling better as of now.  Going to go to work tomorrow regardless if i'm feeling better or not.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

Naturn wrote:

I'm feeling better as of now.  Going to go to work tomorrow regardless if i'm feeling better or not.
Ever heard of Typhoid Mary?

But on a less scale. Get as many sick as you can. That's what I tend to do at work.
Home
Section.80
+447|6847|Seattle, Washington, USA

I used to get strep every year until I was about 6 or 7. I haven't got it since, knock on wood.

It really sucked because I have an extremely sensitive gag reflex (n0 homo) and it was always a battle with the doc to get the swab off my uvula or back of my throat or whatever the hell he was doing.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6570|USA

Naturn wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

Naturn wrote:

So why do you think your body increases your temperature when you have an infection?
that's an effect of your immune system. it aids antibodies produced after you get sick and in some cases hinders the ability of certain viruses/bacteria.

of course, if you have hypothermia your immune system is weakened. but being out in the cold has no effect on your immune system. the reason we get more sick in the winter is because we spend more time indoors with many people.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard