Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5966|London, England

GR34 wrote:

I dont use a gun simply because it is easier to butcher my opponents with a machete then to shoot a whole magazine from an FN FAL into there chest only to have then Still return fire /lame
Sniper
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6475|6 6 4 oh, I forget

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

The best possible combo is

M79 (for killing vehicles)

FAL (For just general pwning fags)

Dart Gun (for -ing)
Is the dart gun wortg buying? How much ammo does it have? Has anyone found use for the flame thrower? I just lit some terrain on fire for the lulz and that was it so far.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

I never bothered with the dart gun. The flame thrower was great though. The machine guns are totally useless.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469

Ultrafunkula wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Dart Gun (for -ing)
Is the dart gun wortg buying? How much ammo does it have? Has anyone found use for the flame thrower? I just lit some terrain on fire for the lulz and that was it so far.
Dart Gun = best S.P.E.C.I.A.L. weapon. Dead accurate, completely silent, one shot kills, even chest shots.

It normally has 5+1 shots, but with the sniper bandoleer it gets 10+1. But that's really all you need. It's not a main gun, it's a gun. That's why I like it. It gives me much needed stealth and range capacity while still letting me roll with an AR and explosive.

If you use it correctly, the small total and clip ammo won't be a big problem. Plus you can always switch to a real gun if you need to as it takes up the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. slot.

Plus it's only 10 diamonds.
VolksRepubliek
+2|5640|Nederland:D
I don't have the game, but on Youtube it looks cool
Commie Killer
+192|6388

Ultrafunkula wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Dart Gun (for -ing)
Flame throwers great, I found it especially useful on the missions for the gun dealers where you are supposed to ambush a arms shipment. Just set the terrain on fire where they are gonna drive through and it will almost always take out the driver and passengers on every vehicle in the convoy.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6469

VolksRepubliek wrote:

I don't have the game, but on Youtube it looks cool
It's really fun. The only problems are that there's to much driving (a flaw with almost every open world game), the side missions are a bit repetitive (same as before) and the enemies respawn to fast.

But other than that it has excellent gameplay, very realistic AI, tons of really fun weapons, and a great location.

Also what other game lets you hunt Zebras with a flamethrower? None!

Buy this game.
Ultrafunkula

I'm a sad panda When I'm supposed to move on to the new map the game crashes

Anyone have a cure for this?
Ultrafunkula

Odd. I got out of the car this time and walked through the checkpoint and the game didn't crash Oh, well. It works and that's enuff for me!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

lol Good luck. The top half of the map was better imo. I don't think you can go back up any more.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6661|The darkside of Denver
I was pleasantly surprised to see a second map! this game is utterly HUGE.

did anyone not get pwnd in mikes bar??? like everyone of the mercs in there died and i got dropped off in the desert....

Last edited by <SS>SonderKommando (2008-12-16 20:34:48)

Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5966|London, England

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

did anyone not get pwnd in mikes bar??? like every died and i got dropped off in the desert....
You have to die in mikes bar, or that other place i assume
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

I sacrificed my buddies to help the Underground. Glad I did too, although even then
Spoiler (highlight to read):
some of the bastards I thought had died returned to try and kill me.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Ultrafunkula

Ty wrote:

I sacrificed my buddies to help the Underground. Glad I did too, although even then
Spoiler (highlight to read):
some of the bastards I thought had died returned to try and kill me.
Oh balls. Shouldn't have read the spoiler. But I don't mind actually since I'm prolly near those happenings anyways. The first gig with the boat was kinda tough.
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
I shot my buddy in the head when he was injured because I thought there was an achievement for it... Now I can't die once without reloading my save
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6469

did anyone not get pwnd in mikes bar??? like everyone of the mercs in there died and i got dropped off in the desert....
Nah, that's scripted. The plot does need to advance ya' know.

I kinda wish I found out sooner, I thought that it was possible to survive along with your buddies.
Microwave
_
+515|6656|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Nah, that's scripted. The plot does need to advance ya' know.

I kinda wish I found out sooner, I thought that it was possible to survive along with your buddies.
Same, I must have replayed it...6 times till I'd killed like every person before I realised!
Commie Killer
+192|6388
Right now Ive done all the missions that have so far popped up, except the main ones. So the only exclamation point is at the APR place. When I go there though, no one is inside and the door to the room where the guys usually are is closed. Its around 9 oclock in the morning, so its not like they are asleep. Am I stuck with a glich?
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6354|Troy, New York
I think you have to go upstairs (sorry for no more info, just got it)
Commie Killer
+192|6388

h4hagen wrote:

I think you have to go upstairs (sorry for no more info, just got it)
Yeah yeah I know, the door upstairs where there is usually a couple of guys who give you a mission. Ive been to this building before, its just this time the door seems to be closed no matter what time of day.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
I tried defending the Underground church, it's only yourself versus endless spawning enemies.  I was hoping that I'd get a buddy or a few grunts to help me out, but only me, and they sabotaged me through the windows style.  I didn't even put up a fight, it wasn't worth the ammo or the effort.
greensprite
awsm
+13|6167|Germany

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lol Good luck. The top half of the map was better imo. I don't think you can go back up any more.
u can go back
Zukabazuka
+23|6686

Ty wrote:

Beduin wrote:

I didn't finish it yet. So boring... the same over and over again?
Although I'd agree that driving places and being assaulted by numerous people at checkpoints was a tad repeditive and really the only break from that were the few times the actual story came into play, I have to say that the missions themselves were varied and interesting, especially when compared to other games. Take Mass Effect for example; evey side-mission was the same fucking thing. Far Cry 2 had an array of different missions and I was impressed. Further points are earned by the fact that there are different ways to do the missions, (although each enemy having super-senses doesn't help you if you want to try going the stealthy route.)
It's kind of sad; if during development someone said "waitaminute, it's dull having to rive back to the same places over and over again, is there a way we can work around that to reduce the monotony?" INstead someone clearly just thought "whoopee, more playtime to boast about!"

Like I said; good but not great and had the potential to be so much better.
Far Cry 2 had side missions that practical where the same only different location.
Assassinations missions, they dont even bother to tell what the man has done or so. Just head to this place cap his ass and done.
Getting new weapons, Destroy this convoy on the other side of the map. Once done the weapons are unlocked for you.
The normal mission had some variation in them but they said themself you could go straight to the jackal and kill him, bullshit.

So this is not "whoope more playtime to bost about"?

Better than Mass Effect? At least Mass Effect had a story behind the mission apart from Far Cry 2.

5h of the game is basicly the entire game the rest 20-35h is the same stuff.
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
I completed it, was a lame ending.
bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5987|Aus, Qld
So i ordered this game, what should i do first?
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard