h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6358|Troy, New York

Poseidon wrote:

I hear the G9 is like, the ultimate gaming mouse...but the G5/G7 are better for a mix of work/gaming. I say get the G9.

Also, as I said when we were playing, my G7 does the same thing. Guess it's a logitech problem.
This. I think the mx518 is overhyped. Between my brothers and I we  own all of those mice (G5, MX518, G9) and the G9 is definitely the best of the lot.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6492|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
MX518, can't go wrong with it or the price.
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6183

h4hagen wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

I hear the G9 is like, the ultimate gaming mouse...but the G5/G7 are better for a mix of work/gaming. I say get the G9.

Also, as I said when we were playing, my G7 does the same thing. Guess it's a logitech problem.
This. I think the mx518 is overhyped. Between my brothers and I we  own all of those mice (G5, MX518, G9) and the G9 is definitely the best of the lot.
I beg to differ (I am one of said brothers) my Deathadder is > all. The G9 is an excellent mouse, no doubt, but imo the Deathadder tracks a bit smoother, perfect for SMG rushes/Assault. G9 might just win in the sniper category.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5686

h4hagen wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

It does cost twice as much...
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6468|cuntshitlake

By hardware, Deathadder and Diamondback 3G are probably the best mice out at the moment, but it all comes down to preference. If possible, go in a shop and test how they feel in your hand.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2008-12-01 17:36:37)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6459|USA

TopHat01 wrote:

Steel Series "IKARI" Optical:

http://www.steelseries.com/us/products/ … nformation

Made for FPS, looks similar to the G5 so the "switch" wouldn't be as hard to adjust to, and it's Steel Series.

However, on a lighter note, this should do fine:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … _mouse.jpg
steelseries fails tbh...
I have gone through 4 of their 5H gaming headsets... Absolute garage. My friend had about 3 of his siberias die before he gave up on them...
I also have one of their 5L mousepads... Not exactly the greatest mousepad ever. Seriously, think twice before you deal with crap brands like this.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6202|Winland

h4hagen wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

The MX518s are so hyped because they're virtually indestructible. I've had mine since they were the best mice on the market, and it's flewn a little here and a little there, but it's still working just like new.

For reference, the Logitech logo has most of it's paint worn off.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6513

Freezer7Pro wrote:

h4hagen wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

The MX518s are so hyped because they're virtually indestructible. I've had mine since they were the best mice on the market, and it's flewn a little here and a little there, but it's still working just like new.

For reference, the Logitech logo has most of it's paint worn off.
this.  i love this mouse, it is awsm for all my uses (gaming, comfort for long hours on the comp) and i've had it forever.  not a single problem with it
GR34
+215|6550|ALBERTA> CANADA
G5 or that new G__ looks cind of cool
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6291|eng
MX518 kez, its the best mouse by miles, i love mine
#rekt
BrimstoneFire
+5|6464|Brisbane
go the G9
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5840|Australia
i have a G9 and a G5, they are both pretty dam good, g5 is lighter and feels more sturdy though, you can squeeze it all you want when your raging and it won't break
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6755

FatherTed wrote:

MX1000 ffs, ive had mine for aaaaaggggeeees, and it's fucking amazing
I feel like I am quoting FatherTed too much these days, but I just have to agree with most of the stuff he says!
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6849|Waikato, Aotearoa
Fuck the G5. MX518 OR Razor Copperhead/Deathadder.

I got the MX518 about 3 years ago, and a Razor Copperhead 18months ago and both STILL havent died.

G5=fail and is over rated

On a side note, both the 518 and Razor have 2 side buttons (not a faggety single useless crap button)

Last edited by -101-InvaderZim (2008-12-02 03:20:19)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6291|eng
MX518! MX518! MX518! MX518! MX518! MX518! MX518! MX518! MX518! MX518! MX518! MX518! MX518! MX518!
#rekt
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6572|NYC / Hamburg

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

I got the MX518 about 3 years ago, and a Razor Copperhead 18months ago and both STILL havent died.

On a side note, both the 518 and Razor have 2 side buttons (not a faggety single useless crap button)
G5 also has 2 side buttons

G5 = win
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6505|so randum
MX1000 FFS YOU USELESS FUCKING TOOLS
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5910|CA

max wrote:

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

G5 also has 2 side buttons

G5 = win
tbh
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6664|BC, Canada

FatherTed wrote:

MX1000 ffs, ive had mine for aaaaaggggeeees, and it's fucking amazing
got one... love it... dont like the keyboard that came with it though.
I cant even find the mx1000 anymore... just the mx1100...

Last edited by Nicholas Langdon (2008-12-02 08:23:55)

Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6357|uk

Ive got the MX Revolution,

Apart from the fact I didnt really enjoy spending £50 on a mouse, the mouse is fantastic.

However, the software that comes with it (and controls the .... super scroll awesomness thing), is crap.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6348

Titch2349 wrote:

Ive got the MX Revolution,

Apart from the fact I didnt really enjoy spending £50 on a mouse, the mouse is fantastic.

However, the software that comes with it (and controls the .... super scroll awesomness thing), is crap.
Bought that one once it came out and it´s utterly shit for fps gaming. Feels like steering a pregnant cow on rollerskates through an obstacle course tbh.
Had to return it and got me a g5. Never had the same joy as with the mx510 back in the days though... :sadface:

Last edited by Sisco10 (2008-12-02 11:06:45)

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
JAyThaRevo
+31|6292|Austria
razer deathadder

its awesome, trust me
CrazeD
+368|6678|Maine
The G9 is basically the MX Revolution + G5 all in one awesome little sexy package. Get one. Srsly.

Out of the like, 5 people I've convinced to buy a G9, they all absolutely love it. Buy one!!!!11!!!
Tripulaci0n
+14|6161
MX518 is the greatest thing on the planet
Stimey
­
+786|6125|Ontario | Canada
Spoiler (highlight to read):
G9 BABY
­
­
­
­