m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6664|UK

Canadianloser wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Canadianloser wrote:

go on...
?

he has 2 kids and used to work in a bank until he got fired because female managers are dicks.

he's also a right wing nutjob.
lol!

I don't know what your implying when you say "Stingray is 28..."
stingray states he married at 22

mek replies that was back then and his mother married at 21, impying its what the old folk do

i added he's only 28 and not a old codger as mek prob thinks he is.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6500

m3thod wrote:

Canadianloser wrote:

m3thod wrote:

?

he has 2 kids and used to work in a bank until he got fired because female managers are dicks.

he's also a right wing nutjob.
lol!

I don't know what your implying when you say "Stingray is 28..."
stingray states he married at 22

mek replies that was back then and his mother married at 21, impying its what the old folk do

edit: got it now.  i had to investigate, but i got it!
lol my baaaaadd
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6614|London, England

m3thod wrote:

to which i did indeed think he was
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6438|The Land of Scott Walker
This is the most entertaining thread in quite some time.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6385|Southern California

OrangeHound wrote:

commandochristian wrote:

I imagine I should include some form of an introduction, but I'll keep it short. I really love this girl, so much I'm even thinking thoughts of marriage (but that wouldn't come for at least another 3 years at least, 25-ish probably).
OK, I'll be the first one to say it (unless Seal was trying to say it in his drunkenness).

It is absolutely stupid.

If you want to marry her, then get her an engagement ring, set a date, and move on.  What you are demonstrating in this act is an absolute inability to make a commitment, which basically means that you will not marry her in 3 years because you cannot make a commitment.

If you want to marry her then do it.  If you are not yet sure, then wait.  Otherwise, this looks like nothing more than a cheap ploy for getting sex.

Yes, I deal with this stuff a lot ... I really need to start a "Dear OrangeHound" column.
Werd, only I would have put more of a "your in your early twenties, odds are this girl will be gone before your 3 year wait to be married is over."

Saw a buddy do this, we made fun of him for spending so much. They broke up a few months later.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6642|Washington DC

commandochristian wrote:

Right now though, we're both still in college, I have at least another 2 years left, her about the same, so it makes sense to not marry in college. And again, jord is right: stupid is getting married at 22.

Additionally, I'm in college = I'm poor.  My budget was only $200 because I managed to pick up a small job, where pretty much the majority of my paycheck is going towards this.  If I'm going to be getting an engagement ring, I want to get a nice one, so I'll need more cash, which I don't have coming in right now.  So that's another reason for getting a promise ring now and not an engagement ring.

Thus, your advice is flawed OrangeHound, simply because you gave it without knowing the circumstances under which the promise ring was chosen over an engagement ring. And no, just to clarify for you, it is NOT a ploy for sex.
I assumed that these were your circumstances ... but my point remains.   Three years in the dating life of a 22-year old is an eternity.  With your time-line, the chances that you will be with this girl long enough to marry her is about 1 in 50.  I don't base this on the romantic feelings you may be having at the moment, but rather on experience and real life. 

And, I might add, if this girl would want to marry you, then she shouldn't care about what you would pay for an engagement ring.  Get her a CZ for $200 ... replace it with a real diamond later when you are making money in a real job.

Again, I'm just saying the whole concept of a "promise ring" is stupid.  But, you've already purchased it, and are going to give it to her at Thanksgiving ... best of luck to you, and I hope you are the 1 in 50.

Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6320

I approve.

Oh, but I can't seem to find the diamonds?

The Alexandrites look nice though. Was there a reason why you chose them? Birthstone(s)?

Good luck with the girl Christian!
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6479|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Keep the receipt.

Good Luck though, best of wishes
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6405|Michigan, USA

OrangeHound wrote:

I assumed that these were your circumstances ... but my point remains.   Three years in the dating life of a 22-year old is an eternity.  With your time-line, the chances that you will be with this girl long enough to marry her is about 1 in 50.  I don't base this on the romantic feelings you may be having at the moment, but rather on experience and real life. 

And, I might add, if this girl would want to marry you, then she shouldn't care about what you would pay for an engagement ring.  Get her a CZ for $200 ... replace it with a real diamond later when you are making money in a real job.

Again, I'm just saying the whole concept of a "promise ring" is stupid.  But, you've already purchased it, and are going to give it to her at Thanksgiving ... best of luck to you, and I hope you are the 1 in 50.

I see where you are coming from.  I firmly believe though that I am a different man, I am not the typical, average guy; as you said it, I believe I am the 1 in 50.

Im_Dooomed wrote:

I approve.

Oh, but I can't seem to find the diamonds?

The Alexandrites look nice though. Was there a reason why you chose them? Birthstone(s)?

Good luck with the girl Christian!
Yeah, the diamonds really are pitiful. I only mentioned them because the minute pieces do exist, but barely.  Your assumption would be correct: she was born in June, and wasn't big on pearls (neither am I), so I got her ring with the other accepted birthstone of June (alexandrite), but also because they're a bit harder to come by, thus making them a little more special in that elusive/rare way.

SgtHeihn wrote:

Keep the receipt.

Good Luck though, best of wishes
Thanks, and I will be keeping the receipt, but not for the reason you might think. Since she has a nickel allergy, I have the jewelry store finding out how long it would take (and how much) to make the exact same ring with 14ct. white gold instead of 10ct. white gold, which I'm most likely going to go for. However, in the meantime until that ring is made and I receive it, I'll be keeping this one for now, and when I go to trade it back in for its 14ct. equivalent I'm pretty sure I'll be needing the receipt for that
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6123|Carnoustie MASSIF

Stingray24 wrote:

jord wrote:

22 is too young to get married so he's waiting another 3 years and in the meantime he's getting her this. What's the problem?

3 more years with her will let him know if she's the one.

Aint stupid is it. Stupid is getting married at 22.
I married at 22.  Knew she was the one and didn't see any reason to wait around.
Doesn't matter when it's your sister though.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
Why does anyone buy girls real diamonds?
- If she trusts you she'll never know its not real
- If she gets it checked then she's just a gold digger - no loss.
- If she finds out - just tell her you banked what it would have cost and didn't you do well earning so much interest?*

*I'd like someone else to try this and let me know how it turns out.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6642|Washington DC

Dilbert_X wrote:

Why does anyone buy girls real diamonds?
My wife's engagement ring is a large blue sapphire with two cheap diamonds on either side ... cost 1/4 of what a big diamond ring would cost and it is absolutely gorgeous, so much so that a friend of hers hinted (and got) a similar engagement ring.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6466|6 6 4 oh, I forget

OrangeHound wrote:

Otherwise, this looks like nothing more than a cheap ploy for getting sex.
Are you nuts?. Almost 200$ is way too much to pay for messing up the sheets with the woman.

usmarine wrote:

banging random chicks and going to hockey games?  tis nice tbh.
Oh, the good old days. I miss them.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6625

How'd it go?
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5957|London, England

Gooners wrote:

How'd it go?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6625

Mutantsteak wrote:

Gooners wrote:

How'd it go?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Gooners wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

Gooners wrote:

How'd it go?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6625

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

How'd it go?

Last edited by Gooners (2008-12-15 20:32:09)

Mutantbear

He's offline

pack it up boys, we'll wait till tomorrow
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6625

Mutantsteak wrote:

He's offline

Fine, i need to go to sleep ,and Aussie needs to eat lunch, silly aussie.
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6438|EE Chat
How Did It Go!!?!?!?!?!? Information And Pics Nao!!!!!!!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Gooners wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

He's offline

It's the afternoon, but I am hungry.

Thanks mate.

<3
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6625

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

He's offline

Thanks mate.

<3
<3
Mutantbear

Gooners wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Thanks mate.

<3
<3
<3
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6625

Mutantsteak wrote:

Gooners wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Thanks mate.

<3
<3
<3
<3