Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Pakistan soldiers 'confront US'
Pakistani troops have fired shots into the air to stop US troops crossing into the South Waziristan region of Pakistan, local officials say.
Reports say nine US helicopters landed on the Afghan side of the border and US troops then tried to cross the border.

South Waziristan is one of the main areas from which Islamist militants launch attacks into Afghanistan.

The incident comes amid growing anger in Pakistan over increasingly aggressive US attacks along the border.
The latest confrontation began at around midnight, local people say.
They say seven US helicopter gunships and two troop-carrying Chinook helicopters landed in the Afghan province of Paktika near the Zohba mountain range.

US troops from the Chinooks then tried to cross the border. As they did so, Pakistani paramilitary soldiers at a checkpoint opened fire into the air and the US troops decided not to continue forward, local Pakistani officials say.

Reports say the firing lasted for several hours. Local people evacuated their homes and tribesmen took up defensive positions in the mountains.
There have been a number of missile attacks aimed at militants in Pakistan territory in recent weeks.

Pakistan reacted with diplomatic fury when US helicopters landed troops in South Waziristan on 3 September. It was the first ground assault by US troops in Pakistan.
Locals in the Musa Nikeh area said American soldiers attacked a target with gunfire and bombs, and said women and children were among some 20 civilians who died in the attack.
In the latest incident, the tribesmen say they grabbed their guns and took up defensive positions after placing their women and children out of harm's way.

Pakistan's army has warned that the aggressive US policy will widen the insurgency by uniting the tribesmen with the Taleban.
http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7396366.stm

The spiral is getting wider, AQ, Taleban, Iraq, Pakistan, Iran and Syria next - Is there a game plan or is it being made up as they go along?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
Pakistan is an interesting situation. Politically unstable, Nuclear capabilities, Massive terrorist network within the North region and corruption in their security services.

Sounds like a recipe for something interesting.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557
So NATO pushed the problem into another country. Didn't see that one coming...
jord
Us special forces made their first official operation in Pakistan a few weeks back, obviously they've been doing it for a while before. Along with British special forces. I think they made the official operation when Musharaf was still in, I don't recall.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Funny part is that during an attack a few weeks back, where the Pakistani's got all outraged, they had members of their own ISI involved.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6345|tropical regions of london
PARAMILITARY
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6185|Ireland

God Save the Queen wrote:

Islamic Jihad
fixed
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England

CameronPoe wrote:

So NATO pushed the problem into another country. Didn't see that one coming...
The war was always in Pakistan and Afghanistan, it's just that it's spreading further into Pakistan. It's only a matter of time before you have the Taliban and AQ reaching out to Pakistani-controlled Kashmir, and then they'll probably try to further open the conflict into Indian-controlled Kashmir (if they haven't already), and then the shit will hit the fan.

Pakistan supported the Taliban and all these Jihadi punks and now they're reaping what they've sown

What I don't get is why they're leaving it upto the paramilitary to do everything, it's well known that these guys have their own factions that are also in bed with the Taliban
Balok77
+28|6150
To be honest I see an invasion of Pakistan as a very unlikely occurance by American forces. However I wouldnt count out India invading itself and calling for Americas backing. It may sound a little far fetched but recently tensions have been fraying already weak bonds between the two.

Last edited by Balok77 (2008-09-15 10:49:15)

Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5751|شمال
Yep... This shit is going deep.
Not even pakistani forces can move freely in wazirstan
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
jord

Balok77 wrote:

To be honest I see an invasion of Pakistan as a very unlikely occurance by American forces. However I wouldnt count out India invading itself and calling for Americas backing. It may sound a little far fetched but recently tensions have been fraying already weak bonds between the two.
Pakistan is closer to Europe in terms of relationship, I doubt the US will support India in an invasion.
Vax
+42|5853|Flyover country

jord wrote:

Us special forces made their first official operation in Pakistan a few weeks back, obviously they've been doing it for a while before. Along with British special forces. I think they made the official operation when Musharaf was still in, I don't recall.
I think this is right, but the fact that Musharraf is out now is allowing them more leeway.

The CIA had rarely hit targets in Pakistan because they sparked anti-American outrage that threatened former president and U.S. ally Gen. Pervez Musharraf's fragile hold on power. With Musharraf ousted and the government in disarray, the spy agency has gotten a freer hand, officials said.

"The U.S. is being much more proactive with the intelligence it gets," said Vikram Singh, a former Pentagon official and now a fellow at the Center for a New American Security. He said the U.S. is striking Al Qaeda camps in Pakistan because Afghanistan "has reached the tipping point."
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_worl … aeda_.html

It is a bit scary, Pakistan being so unstable
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6169
The US troops were about to cross the border without a permit? Good reaction from the Pakistani troops.  I say the next person to cross the border without a permit should get shot.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

The US troops were about to cross the border without a permit? Good reaction from the Pakistani troops.  I say the next person to cross the border without a permit should get shot.
good luck with that.  take about 3 weeks to run their asses over also.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6673|UK
'merica, fuck yeah!
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

m3thod wrote:

'merica, fuck yeah!
no worries, you guys will be there also,
m3thod
+2,197|6673|UK
Ah yes, i forgot...my apologies old bean.  How does it go now? Ah....

Allah hu Akbar!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

m3thod wrote:

Ah yes, i forgot...my apologies old bean.  How does it go now? Ah....

Allah hu Akbar!
no i mean the brits.  since you are a brit.
m3thod
+2,197|6673|UK
Ahem, right....honest mistake there 'guv.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

m3thod wrote:

Ahem, right....honest mistake there 'guv.
it is what i meant you dingle berry.
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6371

usmarine wrote:

m3thod wrote:

'merica, fuck yeah!
no worries, you guys will be there also,
no thanks, afganistan cost's 2,000,000 euro's a day here.
for that idiotic confict with pakistan? let it pass!

no,thx,k?

m3thod wrote:

:idontknowhowyoudothatboggleemoticon:
lol?

Last edited by GateKeeper{NL} (2008-09-15 14:57:13)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

GateKeeper{NL} wrote:

,k?
nope, you have a treaty.  pwnt
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6371

usmarine wrote:

GateKeeper{NL} wrote:

,k?
our goverment is pro US

so again , no

kthx

Last edited by GateKeeper{NL} (2008-09-15 15:00:50)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

GateKeeper{NL} wrote:

usmarine wrote:

GateKeeper{NL} wrote:

,k?
our goverment is pro US

so again , no

kthx
rly?

Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo,  Iraq, and Afghanistan are dutch?
Vax
+42|5853|Flyover country

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

Brainy reply.

So should Al Qaeda or Taliban continue to be allowed to have a safe haven over there?
I guess they must have the right 'permits' to come into Afghanistan attack US /nato troops and then run back over the border.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard