Mobius_One1021
+3|6710
Alright, I worked for about 3 or 4 hours today toward my basic knife badge to no dice....all I ended up with was a complete ownage of my K/D ratio.  Does anyone have any techniques to use, suggestions on maps and map sizes or whatever?  Any advice whatsoever would be appreciated as I'm getting this in order to get first seargent.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6641
i recommend you fix your broken caps lock button. its really quite annoying and doesnt make me want to read your post any more then if you just had "gah!"
Mobius_One1021
+3|6710

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

i recommend you fix your broken caps lock button. its really quite annoying and doesnt make me want to read your post any more then if you just had "gah!"
Alright, sorry about that.  I just swear that this was one of the most frustrating things that I've had to do in BF2.  I'd edit the title, but it's not letting me.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6783|Jupiter
****gaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!****

Last edited by (EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay (2006-03-05 17:46:06)

RebelCorvette
+-1|6675
there are tons of posts about this all throughout the forums, most tend to say kark or sharqi 64 player map about half full = lots of tickets and still quite a bit of knife fodder. be a medic, heal yourself, dont be afraid to jump around, use the uav to sneak up BEHIND people, etc. it really isn't that hard for most
Easy_4TH
+2|6634
do it on karkand with one of the kits that has body armor.  NEVER pull out anything but your knife.  force yourself to use your knife.  be cautious, be a little sneaky, and you should have it in a few rounds.
Mobius_One1021
+3|6710

Easy_4TH wrote:

do it on karkand with one of the kits that has body armor.  NEVER pull out anything but your knife.  force yourself to use your knife.  be cautious, be a little sneaky, and you should have it in a few rounds.
Do you really think the body armor has enough of an advantage?  I was thinking that the longer sprint would help me to get behind people easier (or at least catch up to some guy with body armor running away from me).  I'll give it a try, at least, though.  I'm almost up to a 1 k/d ratio with medic so I guess my anti tank will have to be fed to the fire :p
seb--morin
Im high
+152|6631|Montréal, Québec
Hey i know what it is man i've also tried hard before i finally get it easyli.... I went on a server that played knife and pistols games: 16 players on karkand kniffing,shooting and reviving eachothers. It was pretty easy and i just missed my veteran one.

I suggest you to go on karkand 64 and kill usmc on the backyard of hotel, you know when the round start and they all run in that fence.... But wait for the nades
Rathji
+1|6674
Use flash bangs, UAV and sneaky sneaky on spotted sniper positions and on a lower population server it shouldn't take you more than a few maps to get it done.
RebelCorvette
+-1|6675

0seb--morin0 wrote:

Hey i know what it is man i've also tried hard before i finally get it easyli.... I went on a server that played knife and pistols games: 16 players on karkand kniffing,shooting and reviving eachothers. It was pretty easy and i just missed my veteran one. ...
stat padding=bad
PwnSauce
+0|6639
Karkand get on the USMC side spawn kill first flag you'll get it first or second try no problem.
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6703
karkand 64 people 16 people server

use UAV wisely

be non-armor kit so you can sprint far... or you can be a assasult and flash nubs and shank them

that way, even expert is not that hard
BF2KrewCooper
+0|6648|Las Vegas, Nevada
I use the UAV to sneek up on snipers.  Most of the time, they're too busy looking through their scope to notice you.  Also, run around and get players from behind.  The longer sprint is better in my opinion.  Body armor wont do crap if a few players are shooting at you.  Just run.
oberst_enzian
+234|6734|melb.au
there is an uber knifing spot in Ghost Town, in SF. Last time i bothered I got about 11 in a round. No, I'm not going to tell you where it is, as finding it is part of what trains to make use of it, if you know what I mean. If i just told you, it probably wouldn't make much difference. So go on GT, wander around, and you should figure it out. It works particularly well when combined with the two other things mentioned above:

*use UAV to your advantage (particularly since it shows you which way enemies are facing)
*sprint is more important body armour, at least in the spot I'm thinking of.

be prepared to die alot too - don't get discouraged, just think about what went wrong and try again.
aslpride
+6|6654
Pently of luck, too. Try Rabbit foot, shamrock with four leave or any lucky charms.

My first basic knife badge was tough to get. However, veteran knife badge is less stress than basic knife badge. I guess I get better. Then with expert badge, I got it from first try in specific map and numbers. I got it from (LNC) SF Map with 18 people and 64 map. It have 300 tickets, it give me time to do 18 kills. Tough, but worth it.

Back to my lucky story with basic knife badge. In Karkand, it have 200 tickets. When tickets went down to 21-18, I have 4 knife kills. You can image how much fustrated I was! Lo, the lucky charm has appear in Train Accident area. When I appeared in train accident area after killed in other area. I run up north between fence and the train. I was surprise two soldiers missed me. Sniper was laying on floor while an special op standing near sniper. Natually, I kill special op then sniper. I got 6 knife kills. I was on high pressure to find one more because the tickets has gone to 19-11. After I killed two soldiers, I look at east side, there is a support soldier standing there and look south side. He didn't see me, I run and kill him. I got damn basic knife badge! All three kills happen in less than 30 seconds. It was pure luck for me.

That was my story, you will need your own luck to get basic knife badge, but you will just need your skills for veteran and expert badges.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6638|Peoria
Tactic that worked AWESOME for me when i was going for vet. Shoot people in front of medics, then pull the knife and dive at the body with the medic, usually you can catch a revive kill AND the medic. I got 10 knife kills the round i got vet knife.

and as far a classwise goes

Medic is first, for healing and sprint.
Assault is second, those flashbangs work wonders. Plus the body armor is good.

Last edited by Elamdri (2006-03-05 19:32:02)

Arch-35
+1|6700

Mobius_One1021 wrote:

Alright, I worked for about 3 or 4 hours today toward my basic knife badge to no dice....all I ended up with was a complete ownage of my K/D ratio.  Does anyone have any techniques to use, suggestions on maps and map sizes or whatever?  Any advice whatsoever would be appreciated as I'm getting this in order to get first seargent.
Your search-fu is weak bro. Couple of threads on this already.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=9115

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=15430

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=11992

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=14069

Good luck.
twiistaaa
+87|6660|mexico

Mobius_One1021 wrote:

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

Alright, sorry about that.  I just swear that this was one of the most frustrating things that I've had to do in BF2.  I'd edit the title, but it's not letting me.
dont apologise to some guy who adds nothing to the thread and just criticises u. if it was me id shit in my hand and smear it on his e-face, or at least tell him to get the f out and stop wasting ur time and everyone elses who  has to read his BS post.

anyway i think its just havin that lucky break, tactics or not ur gona get it eventually. if ur still goin for this have a rest from it, ive found ive gone for badges for a week and got nuthin. had a week from it and went back in refreshed because now im not doing it out of frustration, im doin it because i want to. do the old if theres a quarter of the match left and u havent got 4 or 5 yet dont waste ur time and just play normally to help ur K/D abit. but like i said its just luck and use the UAV,

Last edited by twiistaaa (2006-03-05 20:57:16)

TAW_Zeus
King of the Gods
+5|6767|Mount Olympus
I've been trying for months as well and finnally got it last week on a Pistol/Knife server.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6681|Tampa Bay Florida
Look man, it's all about sneaking behind the enemy on maps like Karkand (where I got mine).  You just gotta be smart and know what you're doing.  Everytime I managed to get into the hotel lobby I got 2-3 kills with the knife.

I don't know if it's an issue with the stats for some of you, because I got mine on my first try and it REALLY isn't hard to get.

For basic knife badge --
32<above slot infantry server
24/7 karkand

As long as your on USMC, you should be able to get it in 1/2-1 hour, depending on how you play.
FromTheAshes
+53|6696
Wow 7 kills with a knife is sooooo hard... Jesus christ noob just spawncamp with a knife...

I got my vet knife in 4 minutes without even trying... still need to get the expert, havn't tried yet...

Last edited by FromTheAshes (2006-03-05 21:19:04)

AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6635|Seattle, WA
Jeez i'm workin on expert...18 IAR is hard....7 is NOT.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6638|Peoria

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

yeah, tell me about it.

BTW, FromTheAshes, don't call him a noob then tell him to spawncamp.
Mobius_One1021
+3|6710

Elamdri wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

yeah, tell me about it.

Thank you.

Btw, I took your guys' advice and not only got my basic, but also my veteran badge in one round.  14 kills.  Thank God I don't have to worry about that for a while....I'll end up going for expert at some point, but I'm knifed out after today
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6638|Peoria

Mobius_One1021 wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

yeah, tell me about it.

Thank you.

Btw, I took your guys' advice and not only got my basic, but also my veteran badge in one round.  14 kills.  Thank God I don't have to worry about that for a while....I'll end up going for expert at some point, but I'm knifed out after today
Hey your welcome man. Heck, ya beat my top knife per round. You gotta take your kills as you see them and have a little bit of testicle fortitude. Heck, i got 3 knife kills at once by dashing headfirst into a prone squad, knifing like a madman.

Gratz on the badges.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard