Ew0kk1
+0|6699
How the hell can you get even the damn basic knife? I've been trying hours to get knife kills and i got...maybe 6 in 4-5 rounds. There was a bunch of chances in kargand(or whatever) but it just WON'T HIT! Even when the target is clearly standing in front of me and i'm so close i can read the washing instructions from his damn pants! It just won't hit...all the kills i've got are lucky ones...it doesn't seem to hit but hey I just killed someone OOPS!

Any good tips?

Last edited by Ew0kk1 (2005-12-31 13:07:09)

Knochenmann_AUT
+1|6727
Yes! Dont get killed, kill people with the kife! 7 in one round!
Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

dont be looking at his pants, aim for his chest

Last edited by ryan_14 (2005-12-31 13:28:34)

JimmyFo
+1|6717
Always keep running, jump towards your targets, time your stabs, I'm going for veteran but need a few more kills before. Tons of advice in these forums for it and I know some people who have vet and exp without padding - I'll be one soon
n00b.Worx
+44|6727|West Berlin!
Impossible is nothing. Juzt look at my stats...!
Janis_Petke
\m/(><)\m/
+49|6694|Brunei Darussalam

Don't be too close to your target,then you will miss too.
bs6749
+3|6745
I got a tip for you: DO A SEARCH AND READ THE STICKYS BEFORE POSTING THIS STUPID SHIT THAT NOBODY REALLY CARES ABOUT.
DriftX
+0|6788
1. Learn to use the UAV. Use it to find someone, see which direction they're facing, sneak up behind them, and swing away. Try to avoid rushing in from his front or side. Going in from behind is the best way to do it.

2. Get close, especially if you crouch down or go prone as you try to knife them. That will just make it more audible and increase your chances of getting caught. Get as close as you can, but don't run straight into them or you might push/move him, causing him to turn around and blow your brains out.

3. Fight fire with fire. Know when to take out your pistol/main gun and learn how to do so quickly. If you're discovered, chances are that he'll try to shoot you down. In this case, there's a very rare chance that you will knife him, so shoot back instead.

Apply the same techniques for the shock paddles. There's no badge for it, but it'll look cool on your stats if you have alot of shock paddle kills
Arch-35
+1|6710
Just a bit of advise that I got from a teammate....Look at the requirements for the basic and vet badges. You need 7 knife kill's to get both, the only difference is that you need 50 additional knife kills to get the vet badge. Why do it twice? Work on your technique towards the 50 for vet and get them both at one time with 7 single kills in a round. You will not be so fustrated all the time and it will give you a chance to get comfortable with the knife.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6698|Germany
The alley before you reach the hotel on the Karkand map....that's all.
orangetoejam
+0|6699
how do u get teamspeak?
TC><Injecter
+4|6829|Berlin, Germany
Yes its possible! Just jump around (bunnyhop a bit ) in the style of dolphin diving but DO NOT DOLPHIN DIVE.... Its like that: first SPRINT... then if you see someone JUMP in the flight press (standard:) Z so you lie on the ground in front of the guy whos out to die and then try to knife up his chest! practice that jump,prone,aim,knife a bit with the dumb bots in the SP because they wont shoot back which is good to practice the jump/prone/aim/knife tactic.... AND THEN YOULL GET IT!
vandread
+1|6694
i have the expert knife combat bandge and if got it in BF SF
i think there is it easer
but the knife bandge is easy...

´explosive is realy hard ^^
{USI}_Zombie
+11|6774

Arch-35 wrote:

Just a bit of advise that I got from a teammate....Look at the requirements for the basic and vet badges. You need 7 knife kill's to get both, the only difference is that you need 50 additional knife kills to get the vet badge. Why do it twice? Work on your technique towards the 50 for vet and get them both at one time with 7 single kills in a round. You will not be so fustrated all the time and it will give you a chance to get comfortable with the knife.
That's how I got my vet...was able to get a couple here and there, then set myself to getting the badge.  Went on Sharqi, and started with my knife out and got my 7 kills in about 15 minutes.  You just gotta set your mind to it and you will get it, and you will get killed a lot too.  I usually go prone and slice their ankles, makes me harder to hit that way, and another thing that helps is to hotkey your knife, I hotkeyed mine to the middle mouse button so it was easy to access.
  I also used the same technique to get my basic and vet pistol at the same time, on sharqi again, just didn't go prone, and tried to "snipe" with it.  I also did both as medic so I could heal myself as neede
[DHG]Col.Kilroy
+0|6696

orangetoejam wrote:

how do u get teamspeak?
www.goteamspeak.com    and download it!
ntberry1037
+0|6714

bs6749 wrote:

I got a tip for you: DO A SEARCH AND READ THE STICKYS BEFORE POSTING THIS STUPID SHIT THAT NOBODY REALLY CARES ABOUT.
Nice guy....thanks for helping him out like a normal human would. These types of guys ruin online gaming.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6693|Calgary
Sharqi is a good map for knife badge, if your lucky, you can find a lot of snipers. They are always a good knife kill. Try playing MEC and head for their main base. Usually you  can find snipers on top of the building.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6742|United States
What I find usefull is this:  Drive up to a group of enemies.  But, drive in the vehicle that pertains to that army.  Meaning if your MEC, find a Humvee and drive that.  If your USMC, drive a Vodnik (correct name?) that.  I've done that many a time and got 5+ knife kills.  Your enemies won't ussually think that, that friendly vehicle is being driven by an enemy.  Unless they put their cursor on it...  But hey, works for me.
Wisher1981
+1|6755|SWEDEN
hmm .. okay.. if u got bf2:sf .. then try night flight.. try to outflank the enemy and sneak up behind them.. also many snipers enjoy this map.. so many easy kills if u get a good UAV... got my Expert knife there.. damn it was fun.... i cought this group of 4 snipers and a medic.. twice.. all of them... the medic revived one of them both times.. so i got 12 kills just on them... and if your lucky u can find some feet hanging out a wall sometimes.. just stab away and they are dead.. but u might get called bloody haxor.. bla bla bla...

1.Night flight (karkand or sharqui pretty good also got basic on kark.. vet on shar)
2.out flank
3.good use of UAV (sniper spots dont move much)
4.get a transport and u move faster so u can sneak up on people u drove past
5.DONT GIVE UP u learn eventualy..
6.last resort learn how to dolphindive... and bunnyhopp like crazy...

ohh and a tip.. dont try on knife badge when your whole team is getting toasted...

and for extra time play a 64 player map with like 10 vs 10...

Good luck (if a newb like me got expert so can u!!!)
DriftX
+0|6788

Bert10099 wrote:

What I find usefull is this:  Drive up to a group of enemies.  But, drive in the vehicle that pertains to that army.  Meaning if your MEC, find a Humvee and drive that.  If your USMC, drive a Vodnik (correct name?) that.  I've done that many a time and got 5+ knife kills.  Your enemies won't ussually think that, that friendly vehicle is being driven by an enemy.  Unless they put their cursor on it...  But hey, works for me.
Whenever a person gets close enough, their name should pop up blue to indicate that they're on your your team. If not, I usually blast away. It might work, but if your 3D Map is on it shouldn't.
emperorphoenix
+5|6775|Westeren Australia
not imposible just annoying
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6695|Vancouver BC Canada
Play a sniper its harder for the opposing team to tell u apart. Also try to find large maps 64 preferably and just get in there behind enemy lines. I just got mine. *I'm so proud*
Home
Section.80
+447|6849|Seattle, Washington, USA

It took me a loooong time to get my basic, and I had tried many people's advice, but the advice of Kanil worked best for me. He said to go on Ghost Town and hide up on the roof of the building at the Convoy flag point. Don't capture it, then wait for enemies to come and capture. While they are capping it, jump down and knife them. Worked for me.
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6765|mansfield

bs6749 wrote:

wanker
juanito
+2|6693
its not impossible. i just got both my basic and vet badge at the same time in Sharqi Peninsula

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard