TJ_Houshmandzedah
+-1|6651
I find it extremely difficult to even get ONE knife kill! Let alone 7! How do they expect you to get 7 knife kills in one round? Any tips on getting the badge? Have YOU gotten the badge? How do you get it?
P3R3K
+0|6684
Well the easiest way is killed in 1.2. Used to be able to jump prone and knife. Now you gotta be sneaky and flank people and make sure you have a good ping.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6710|Antarctica
Night Flight was the easiest map until EA screwed it up with the TOW bug.  Just play on any city map/SF, I have gotten it on Night Flight, Mashtuur, and Sharqi so far.
Orion5413
+4|6691|Irving Tx
beats me I dont have it either..Its the only one I dont have...in 1200 some odd games the most kills i have got with it has been 3 in 1 round and 31 total...its one I dont think I am going to get
Seaneroo
+12|6662
God, not another knife badge thread.  Try search and all your questions will be answered, ad nauseum.
Maj.Do
+85|6756|good old CA
i got mine on that 1 city map(not warlord) in SF.  it was easy.  now in 1.2 u can prone somewhat but getting up is slow and people usually shot u
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6649|Canada
I got my basic pistol and knife badge on a smaller karkand map, there was only about 10 of us and close quarter combat was present most of the time. It was like the days of FH when you got really close, almost everyone was good enough to join in a traditional knife fight, and no it was not stat-padding
caek
Someone who can!
+4|6686
Also, look at the rank of your next potential victim. The higher the rank, the higher the chance their turn around and shoot you in the face. This doesn't appy for everyone though, as a good player may have started a new account.
TJ_Houshmandzedah
+-1|6651
Not even when you repeatedly jump towards a target, can you be able to get close enough to him to knife him before getting shot. The knife badge is BS! It should either be lowered to 2 or 3 kills, or be removed from the game completely! Same goes with the pistol badge!
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6719|US
Search around a bit, there are a lot of posts on this.

Play Sharqi or Karkand (or any level with lots of obstructions or oblivious snipers).  Use objects to shield yourself untill you get close.  If you really want it, use the knife exclusively.   Oh, if you're sneaking up to a proned player, go prone when you get close, otherwise they will hear you.

It may take a few tries, but it really is not that hard to get basic or veteran.

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2006-02-22 20:28:39)

Karo6972
Syrup Man
+2|6799

Seaneroo wrote:

God, not another knife badge thread.  Try search and all your questions will be answered, ad nauseum.
Well, you have to realize that other knife badge threads are out of date as of 1.2.

My advice is just to keep an eye out for snipers.  If you find one you're able to sneak up on,  get him once and move away, he's likely to go back to his favored sniper position when he respawns.  Otherwise, go to Kark and run after people when they turn their backs...
Maj.Do
+85|6756|good old CA

TJ_Houshmandzedah wrote:

Not even when you repeatedly jump towards a target, can you be able to get close enough to him to knife him before getting shot. The knife badge is BS! It should either be lowered to 2 or 3 kills, or be removed from the game completely! Same goes with the pistol badge!
my god 2-3 kills, that would be bs
n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6749|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol
n00b quit bitching and get better its easy. Bitch when you go after expert explosives.
TJ_Houshmandzedah
+-1|6651
In order to advance to master sargeant, i need to get the basic knife AND pistol badge! I dont think i'll be getting either of those! I think the knife combat badge is RIDICULOUS and should be removed from the game!

Last edited by TJ_Houshmandzedah (2006-02-22 20:38:11)

smefeman
+0|6754
the pistol isnt so bad, at least you can kill them from farther away. i got both my basic AND VET pistol in the same round.. as for knife. still workin on it

anyway for pistol, just sit on sharqi as sniper and hide in some bushes and places that are less traveled, because usually there will be a lone guy and just start popping him... it wont take long before you get the kill
soldevilla13
SuperFly
+21|6726|oregon
quit bitching about it, if you really just cant get knife kills, then spawn camp. ok, it is actually one of the easiest badges to get, the pistoll is a ton hareder than knife though.
ozzie_johnson
+98|6662|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
sharq is easy i got my expert on that map.
Maj.Do
+85|6756|good old CA

TJ_Houshmandzedah wrote:

In order to advance to master sargeant, i need to get the basic knife AND pistol badge! I dont think i'll be getting either of those! I think the knife combat badge is RIDICULOUS and should be removed from the game!
for some reason u kind of sound like the zaio 1000 guy , always bitching about things he cant earn
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6726|Eastern PA

TJ_Houshmandzedah wrote:

It's 1st Sgt. that you need those badges for. If there are any of the basic infantry combat badges that you don't have, you'll be promoted to MSgt. instead.

Anywhoo...I found that all 3 levels of the knife badge were easiest to get on Karkand. As for tactics...well, I tried seriously for days with no luck, but found a server that seemed to have some really distracted players and managed to get basic and vet on successive days. Honestly I have no suggestions except to keep plugging away. It seemed to be more based on luck than anything else.

Expert was a bitch and EA/Dice should be strung up by their nipples for putting that in the game.
CrazeD
+368|6677|Maine

soldevilla13 wrote:

the pistoll is a ton hareder than knife though.
How do you figure... you can shoot at a distance with a pistol, you don't have to be rubbing his leg to kill him.
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6743|Finland
TJ_Houshmandzedah: Are you retarded or what? So if you suck that much you can't get eveb basic knife or pistol badge EA should remove it from the game? Firstly basic/vetetarn knife/pistol badges are maybe the easiest badges in the game and secondly if you can't get some badge so what? I don't know you but I'm playing this game for fun, not for badges. Sure it's nice to have some badges but if the only reason you play this game is some damn badge change game, stop playing or something. And all current requirements are good. You need to be good in some thing before you get badge. Some badges and medals just aren't for everyone.
TJ_Houshmandzedah
+-1|6651
But i cant advance to the next rank without getting knife and pistol badge!
headstronGLOCK23
+1|6656
I got my Basic Knife (7 IAR) in Warlord I think, before 1.2. I got my Veteran (50 knife kills global, then 7 IAR) in Ghost Town a couple of days ago. Took a couple of tries because the rounds kept ending in 20-25 minutes. A lot of flags have multiple ways in and out, so it's likely that someone trying to cap a flag isn't paying enough attention to all of them. If you get in a map and no one wants to command, then go ahead and apply...use the satellite to find people in odd places of the map (just lying there commanding, sniping, or talking on the phone). Don't forget to at least keep a UAV going at all times though, if you command, and try and drop some arty if you get a clear one. But the MAIN way I got knife kills since 1.2 was playing Medic and sprinting like crazy after people that I saw running. In city maps it's not uncommon to see an enemy run across a plaza or between some buildings without noticing you. Sprint after them and tag them in the back. Also sometimes you'll find yourself in a face-off with someone and he is out of ammo and reloading. Rush him. Whip out your knife and sprint into his face, slashing away. Medic is the best for getting knife kills IMO: good sprint endurance to overtake people/rush them/etc, and you can heal yourself if you have to take a beating to get that knife kill.

For the record, I'm not that good at knifing. I just figured I'd learn to not completely suck at it, and at least get my Veteran badge. I didn't come on here and start complaining that it was too hard to get, because I saw that a lot of other people had it. If it was really so close to impossible to do, then only stat-padders would have it, right? I decided that if I wanted the badges, I would have to actually work on developing a little bit of strategy and skill outside of my comfort zone (which usually happens to be behind a DAO-12). Asking for advice is great; I encourage it. But whining that the game needs to be changed so you don't have to get better at something isn't. Cruise the forums, see what others have to say about getting the kills. Once you figure out your groove, Basic will come easily enough (really!). Then Veteran will (it's the same thing, you just have to build up 50 total knife kills before you can do it again). Expert is going to be hard, though. Best of luck, and I hope this helped.
Flyboy63
+8|6708|South Australia
The trick is to blend in with &/or surprise the enemy. Timing is everything too.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6779|Noizyland

It never ceases to amaze me how people can't seem to get at least 5 knife kills in a round. You must not be looking hard enough.

Okay, here's my little tip for this knife badge thread. You know normally there is one front of attack, or if two, there is the most important front of attack. Anyway, with one, make sure you can get around the action and attack from the rear. I don't suggest running around with a knife out all the time in order to get the badge. Sure it will ensure the few kills you get will be from knifing, but it will also mean that you will get very few kills.

I like being sneaky. I have a Knife k:d ratio of 2.12, which I'm happy with. I have exactly 227 knife kills, so I use it quite a lot too. You'll always find oblivious people. Don't attack people who are shooting at you while you're armed with a knife. Just dumb.

Another tip. On Special Forces, Ignore the "Go Medic so you can heal yourself" or arguments for armour or not for armour, when being sneaky it dosn't matter. On SF maps, except Iron Gator, pick Assault or AT for the sole reason that they have GRAPPLING HOOKS! This means you can be super sneaky and attack from above where they're expecting, or you can avoid ladders so you don't have the risk of those pesky Claymores.

Good luck, and for next time if you need to comment, use search and comment on the many other knife and knife badge related forums.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard