some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6400

So does that mean when I get a 16 kill streak with my 7600 GS at around 30 fps that I'm doing well?
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6586|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

some_random_panda wrote:

So does that mean when I get a 16 kill streak with my 7600 GS at around 30 fps that I'm doing well?
Humm, id say yes, ive done some great kill streak (around like 30) with about 15-20 fps.
Dilda13
{DAM}
+7|6321|Los Angeles

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

I played on my friends Pc with a 7600 and he was only getting 30 fps and I noticed the fire rate drop tremendously. And are you talking about strafe jumps? Cause most easy or regular jumps fps doesn't really matter. 125 you jump farther and less high, and 250 you jump higher and less far. Hence why most servers don't allow 333 fps because you run silently and can Jump over barrels.
If your speed increases as well you should jump higher and further in very close to equal proportions, because of the way your jump and run speed are calculated in relation to your frames per second.

Dilda13 wrote:

One way to test the jumping on crash is to try to jump over the wall next to the dumpster that everyone always sits on and shoots over the heli with. Right at the base of the 3 story building if you still do not know where I am talking about. 125 fps allows you to jump over that wall.
I must be thinking of the wrong dumpster?

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g44/F … -13-03.png
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g44/F … -37-89.png
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g44/F … -25-14.png

All on 20 FPS.
Your last picture shows what I am talking about. You jump over the wall facing the way you are in the last picture, then end up on the side where you started. I think it only works on 125 though, 20 or 30 fps never has worked for me. Its kind of hard though. You have to get it right in the right spot and right when you are at 125 fps.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6629|Mhz

Dilda13 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

I played on my friends Pc with a 7600 and he was only getting 30 fps and I noticed the fire rate drop tremendously. And are you talking about strafe jumps? Cause most easy or regular jumps fps doesn't really matter. 125 you jump farther and less high, and 250 you jump higher and less far. Hence why most servers don't allow 333 fps because you run silently and can Jump over barrels.
If your speed increases as well you should jump higher and further in very close to equal proportions, because of the way your jump and run speed are calculated in relation to your frames per second.

Dilda13 wrote:

One way to test the jumping on crash is to try to jump over the wall next to the dumpster that everyone always sits on and shoots over the heli with. Right at the base of the 3 story building if you still do not know where I am talking about. 125 fps allows you to jump over that wall.

All on 20 FPS.
Your last picture shows what I am talking about. You jump over the wall facing the way you are in the last picture, then end up on the side where you started. I think it only works on 125 though, 20 or 30 fps never has worked for me. Its kind of hard though. You have to get it right in the right spot and right when you are at 125 fps.
You can do that jump at 77fps (what I run at), and all the other 'sweet spot' numbers too I'd imagine.
Dilda13
{DAM}
+7|6321|Los Angeles

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Dilda13 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

All on 20 FPS.
You can do that jump at 77fps (what I run at), and all the other 'sweet spot' numbers too I'd imagine.
77 is also a sweetspot?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6716|67.222.138.85
I made it the very first try at 125, but then couldn't make it at 20. Then again I also couldn't make it again at 125, so inconclusive...is there any other technique to it?

You guys have to understand, I don't see any proof that this works on CoD4. I need someone to prove to me that this isn't a placebo effect. People swear on BF2 that certain user settings make hit reg a lot better, when users have shown you can replace those settings with the word "cookie" and it makes no difference. I am especially wary here because you guys might be thinking your performance is worse because of visibly shitty performance.

Maybe it makes a difference. If it is, it should be easy to find proof.
Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6270

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I made it the very first try at 125, but then couldn't make it at 20. Then again I also couldn't make it again at 125, so inconclusive...is there any other technique to it?

You guys have to understand, I don't see any proof that this works on CoD4. I need someone to prove to me that this isn't a placebo effect. People swear on BF2 that certain user settings make hit reg a lot better, when users have shown you can replace those settings with the word "cookie" and it makes no difference. I am especially wary here because you guys might be thinking your performance is worse because of visibly shitty performance.

Look down when you jump to get a constant 125. It's a very easy jump there are harder ones too do.

http://www.xfire.com/video/2fae/

I did that with 125 I doubt in anyway shape or form I can do that on 20 fps. Go to the CODJUMPER server with the Gap Training map thats all the proof you need. Do those strafe jumps with 20 fps (which you probably can't) then do them with 125 fps.
kajukenbo_kid
+36|6425|...
whats the farthest you got in gap training johnny
Flaming_Maniac

Johnny_Extremer wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Look down when you jump to get a constant 125. It's a very easy jump there are harder ones too do.

http://www.xfire.com/video/2fae/

I did that with 125 I doubt in anyway shape or form I can do that on 20 fps. Go to the CODJUMPER server with the Gap Training map thats all the proof you need. Do those strafe jumps with 20 fps (which you probably can't) then do them with 125 fps.
I have a solid 125 no matter where I look. I posted my rig, (full specs) and I lowered all my settings to low, it handles 125 no problem.

I'll try looking down anyways to see if I can make it again.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)
Can you make vids with CoD 4? or can you get a freindly with FRAPS to vid you on a server?

Once at 125fps, once at 20 - that'll be the best way to tell - well, ideally find somewhere on a map with good 'landmarks' to judge height/distance against - and do both in same place...
Flaming_Maniac

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Can you make vids with CoD 4? or can you get a freindly with FRAPS to vid you on a server?

Once at 125fps, once at 20 - that'll be the best way to tell - well, ideally find somewhere on a map with good 'landmarks' to judge height/distance against - and do both in same place...
I would, except that FRAPS will kill my FPS...I won't be able to make a decent run at 125 FPS, even with settings on all low.

edit: if someone else wants to do all the jumping around I can fraps/edit it into something presentable. Get something definitive on the issue.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I would, except that FRAPS will kill my FPS...I won't be able to make a decent run at 125 FPS, even with settings on all low.
yeah, you need someone else with FRAPS and COD4 to join a sever with and they vid you.

edit: I'd do it if I had COD4, 'cos I'd like to see the vid.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-08-05 17:54:52)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6321

You can record a demo of yourself with an ingame command (kinda like the BattleRecorder demos in BF2). It records what you see in first person so all you have to do is hit the record button on fraps when your viewing it and wait till you stopped the recording. No need to use fraps while playing.

Q: How do I record a demo of my game?

A: Simply type "/record <filename>" in the console to begin recording, and "/stoprecord" to finish. The lower left corner of the screen will display the size of the file during the recording.
Q: Where can I find my demo files?

A: The demo files will be stored in your "Call Of Duty 4/main/demos" folder
Q: How to I view my demos?

A1: The way it is supposed to work is that you type "/demo <demo-name>" in the console, but this is bugged and does not work (in version 1.4). Instead you can use a third party program to launch the demos, like COD4Player from Cybopat, which also allows you to change playback speed and camera angle. To stop the playback type /disconnect in the console
A2:

* Go to "C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods\ModWarfare" and create a folder called "demos". Open that folder and paste "test.dm_1". (your COD4 folder may be located differently)
    * Open CoD4 Multiplayer back up, and click the Mods button at the main menu. Select "ModWarfare" and press Launch. Call of Duty should restart, this time with a blueish tint.
    * Now, open up the console and type "/demo <demo-name>". Your demo will now be loaded and played back. There are no control functions (pause, rewind, etc.)
    * Type /disconnect to close out of your demo.
Source

Once you get used to it you can use CoD4 player to record some 3rd person stuff or watch in slo mo.

Download here

Last edited by ebug9 (2008-08-05 20:15:28)

Johnny_Extremer
I Am McLovin!!!!
+22|6270

kajukenbo_kid wrote:

whats the farthest you got in gap training johnny
294 . And looking down helps for some reason, I can't do it looking directly at the wall. Most people either look straight up or straight down to do jumps like the dumpster wall jump.
kajukenbo_kid
+36|6425|...
<---  303 whats up? 
Scorpion0x17
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

ebug9 wrote:

You can record a demo of yourself with an ingame command (kinda like the BattleRecorder demos in BF2). It records what you see in first person so all you have to do is hit the record button on fraps when your viewing it and wait till you stopped the recording. No need to use fraps while playing.

Q: How do I record a demo of my game?

A: Simply type "/record <filename>" in the console to begin recording, and "/stoprecord" to finish. The lower left corner of the screen will display the size of the file during the recording.
Q: Where can I find my demo files?

A: The demo files will be stored in your "Call Of Duty 4/main/demos" folder
Q: How to I view my demos?

A1: The way it is supposed to work is that you type "/demo <demo-name>" in the console, but this is bugged and does not work (in version 1.4). Instead you can use a third party program to launch the demos, like COD4Player from Cybopat, which also allows you to change playback speed and camera angle. To stop the playback type /disconnect in the console
A2:

* Go to "C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods\ModWarfare" and create a folder called "demos". Open that folder and paste "test.dm_1". (your COD4 folder may be located differently)
    * Open CoD4 Multiplayer back up, and click the Mods button at the main menu. Select "ModWarfare" and press Launch. Call of Duty should restart, this time with a blueish tint.
    * Now, open up the console and type "/demo <demo-name>". Your demo will now be loaded and played back. There are no control functions (pause, rewind, etc.)
    * Type /disconnect to close out of your demo.
Source

Once you get used to it you can use CoD4 player to record some 3rd person stuff or watch in slo mo.

Download here
Flaming_Maniac: go go GO!
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5797|Catherine Black

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

Load of stuff I already knew
Flaming_Maniac: go go GO!
Can't believe people still don't know about this

I used it for my frag movie, and will use it for my next one.

And on that bash site I found this

https://bp1.blogger.com/_uDkoYUbePAE/RnM9Rtt-WAI/AAAAAAAAASk/VjtbxO_y12k/s1600-h/Sweetspot.jpg

All the sweet spots.

Last edited by Sir Schmoopy (2008-08-06 04:34:01)

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6187
I made a video:
http://www.wipido.com/video/2773
I recorded a in game demo of me doing everything at 125 and then 20 fps. I then recorded the demo with fraps.

Last edited by [HOF]Mercenary (2008-08-07 05:35:51)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5797|Catherine Black
Wow, that makes one hell of a difference.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6400

I took my comp with my 7600GS.

Turned down all textures to normal.
Turned off shadows.
Turned off specular map.

FPS went from around 25 to 60.

And strangely, my firing rate did seem to go up.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6555
I've been auto-kicked for having my fps too high. It's pretty lame.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6331|Orrstrayleea

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

kajukenbo_kid wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

holy misinformation batman

FPS has absolutely no bearing on rof, in fact nothing does except what gun you are using and whether you have double tap or not. You should have realized this when you switched comps and didn't see any change. No one else is firing faster than you.

You can unlock the FPS on any game if you know how as well.
you are 100% wrong.  the more fps the faster your gun will shoot (only on this game engine).  250 fps: jump higher, shoot faster  125 fps: jump farther, shoot a little faster than normal.  333 fps is illegal on most server configs because you can noticeably shoot faster and sometimes run silently.  go lock your frames at 40 and spray an ak, then lock at 250 and spray.  the difference is clear.
On a scale from one to hard to believe, I have to say this is to the extreme of hard to believe.

If this is remotely true, maybe it changes how fast it APPEARS you are firing. No way it actually changes gameplay.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6648|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Hax tbh
VicktorVauhn
+319|6401|Southern California
Yeah, I have heard about this too... like people said PB doesn't allow over certain FPS, there has to be a reason for that too.

I had heard the devs did some stuff to fix it though, since it was such a big problem in other games based on the quake engine... I have read about it a few times on COD forums...
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6674|NT, like Mick Dundee

Going to have to get this info to a few friends of mine. Might help them.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard